What's new

Anyone buy old Spice from India on the 'bay?

I bought a bottle of Old Spice Lime on Ebay about a month ago from a seller in India - I'm in the US. The next day (July 22), I received a shipping notification, with tracking. The notice simply says "Tracking number provided", and the status has not changed since.

It's been a month, and no update or package. I sent the seller a message explaining that I have not yet received my item, and gotten no response.

So, has anyone purchased any OS from India, and if so, how long does shipping take?

I'm considering filing for a refund from PayPal, but want to give the seller a fair shake (and it's not a lot of money). Too soon?

Indian stuff takes an **average** of two months to be delivered to me here in Brazil. Tracking numbers are really problematic, some only will show activity after arrive in your country. Some sellers actually took a long time after transaction to ship.

I would keep an eye in the deadline for ebay buyer protection, usually 30 days after expected delivery date. Then if not arrived contact the seller near this date. Fill an ebay claim if needed.

Indian stuff takes an **average** of two months to be delivered to me here in Brazil. Tracking numbers are really problematic, some only will show activity after arrive in your country. Some sellers actually took a long time after transaction to ship.

I would keep an eye in the deadline for ebay buyer protection, usually 30 days after expected delivery date. Then if not arrived contact the seller near this date. Fill an ebay claim if needed.

Thank you.

The seller replied after I threatened action, and said that tha package was "stopped at customs" and sent another tracking number. I'm not sure if this is another tactic to delay, but will investigate the options available and any time limitations on refunds offered by PayPal.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Shipping restrictions for alcohol products probably has it traveling by boat.

From USPS: Perfume containing alcohol may not be shipped internationally or mailed domestically using air transportation. Perfume containing alcohol, however, may be shipped within the United States by ground transportation.

Thanks. I just wanted to understand what to expect. Don't want to beat up the seller for things out of their control.

Funny, the tracking number provided to me yesterday now says "Out for delivery" so it's a slooooooow process.

Thanks for the replies.

I bought a bottle of Indian Old Spice on eBay about four or five years ago. Took a couple of weeks to arrive. A couple of months ago, I bought a bottle of Unilever Brut Original on eBay from a seller in India. Took almost three months to arrive.

I have tried four versions of Old Spice and inspirations:
  1. P&G Old Spice
  2. Indian Old Spice
  3. Family Dollar Spice After Shave
  4. Barrister and Mann Spice
The Indian Old Spice has a stronger scent and more burn than the P&G. Too much burn for me. The Family Dollar is pleasant with a milder scent than the P&G. The Barrister and Mann is good stuff but in a different ballpark than P&G - a deeper and more complex scent. My favorite is the P&G.

I bought a bottle of Indian Old Spice on eBay about four or five years ago. Took a couple of weeks to arrive. A couple of months ago, I bought a bottle of Unilever Brut Original on eBay from a seller in India. Took almost three months to arrive.

I have tried four versions of Old Spice and inspirations:
  1. P&G Old Spice
  2. Indian Old Spice
  3. Family Dollar Spice After Shave
  4. Barrister and Mann Spice
The Indian Old Spice has a stronger scent and more burn than the P&G. Too much burn for me. The Family Dollar is pleasant with a milder scent than the P&G. The Barrister and Mann is good stuff but in a different ballpark than P&G - a deeper and more complex scent. My favorite is the P&G.

I buy my new stock Old Spice from the pharmacy or grocery, and like the current version. The only other spice AS that I've used is Avon Spicy, which I also like a lot and was fortunate to find several full bottles at a local antique shop for $2 each.

The only reason I went to Ebay was to get a bottle of Lime, which I have never seen locally, and couldn't find a US seller or e-tailer.

Anyway, crisis averted - my Lime showed up today, 30 days after ordering. Somewhat disappointed though:

I thought I was getting a single 150ml glass bottle but instead got three 50ml bottles. It's the same stuff and quantity, but I wanted the larger bottle to reuse.

Oh well...

I have always wondered about the lime. How is the scent, @gpjoe?

I like the scent of Mike's and Stirling's lime soap, and Castle Forbes's cream. I don't like the scent of the Pinaud Clubman lime aftershaves - they remind me of Lemon Pledge.

I have always wondered about the lime. How is the scent, @gpjoe?

I like the scent of Mike's and Stirling's lime soap, and Castle Forbes's cream. I don't like the scent of the Pinaud Clubman lime aftershaves - they remind me of Lemon Pledge.

Funny, but my initial thought was "it's nice, but I like Pinaud Lime Sec better".

While Pinaud, to me, smells like a simple, pure citrus, the Old Spice is a bit more complex. It smells like Old Spice with a hint of citrus - it's got a spicy, powdery base.

I like them both, but I was expecting the OS to be a bit more citrus. It's there, but not the primary note after dry down. Still very nice, and different from the classic scent - but unmistakably Old Spice - if that makes sense.

Indian Customs can be very, very slow. Your seller is probably being honest with you about that.

Though most overseas vendors I have dealt with don't want to ship aftershaves or anything that contains alcohol because of postal regulations.

Funny, but my original thought was "it's nice, but I like Pinaud Lime Sec better".

While Pinaud, to me, smells like a simple, pure citrus, the Old Spice is a bit more complex. It smells like Old Spice with a hint of citrus - it's got a spicy, powdery base.

I like them both, but I was expecting the OS to be a bit more citrus. It's there, but not the primary note after dry down. Still very nice, and different from the classic scent - but unmistakably Old Spice - if that makes sense.

My favorite lime AS is RazoRock Evil Eye Lime, but it contains grain alcohol and has no sting. My favorite lemon AS, is Myrsol Agua de Limon. Good stuff!

Indian Customs can be very, very slow. Your seller is probably being honest with you about that.

Yes. I re-read the description (fully this time) and there was a note about overseas shipping that explained that it could take 35 days or more to arrive.

I wanted to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, which is why I posted here first, just to see what the norm was on shipping time.

Supply chain issues. Waiting on material handlers to load the boat.
India_-_Varanasi_boat_-_1251.jpg

packages from India and china are taking forever to arrive..my last two packages from Ali express took almost 2 months to arrive..In years past those packages would probably arrive 12-14 days..You can actually find those international old spice shave creams on Amazon, and get them fairly quickly..Of course it’s more costly this way, but you don’t have to wait forever.

packages from India and china are taking forever to arrive..my last two packages from Ali express took almost 2 months to arrive..In years past those packages would probably arrive 12-14 days..You can actually find those international old spice shave creams on Amazon, and get them fairly quickly..Of course it’s more costly this way, but you don’t have to wait forever.
Aliexpress is another thing, here in Brazil we got most Aliexpress stuff within about two weeks after payment.

But India... I like Indian shaving stuff, specially the blades. But I know.. Buy and forget, someday a pack will arrive.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Thanks. I just wanted to understand what to expect. Don't want to beat up the seller for things out of their control.

Funny, the tracking number provided to me yesterday now says "Out for delivery" so it's a slooooooow process.

Thanks for the replies.

Not too many aftershaves I have the patience in waiting weeks and months for, but Old Spice Lime would definitely be one.

I love Old Spice Lime. :)

I bought the Original Old Spice from India and it took several weeks to get here, but was well packaged to prevent breakage. It doesn't smell the same as the Original Old Spice did, at least to me.

Top Bottom