What's new

Aluminum containers and soap

I'm not sure if health aspects would be bad (i.e. if the soap picks up a lot of aluminum for your skin), but you also would want to be careful what kind of metal, as you wouldn't want it to rust since it would be wet a lot.

I have SS in stainless steel containers from SCS and the soap performs beautifully w/ no problems( i've had the soaps about 2 years now.)

marty

I've been using a couple of these from WCS and haven't had any problems with the soaps. Not sure about health issues and using it as storage ...

Aren't reusable, aluminum water bottles pretty common? Not sure if they have a liner or something in them, though.

The L'Occitane shave soap container is made of aluminum. It's pricey, but it's very nicely done. I am quite happy with it.

Also, I am fairly certain that their literature explains exactly why they believe it to be the perfect material for the soap dish.

I've been using a couple of these from WCS and haven't had any problems with the soaps. Not sure about health issues and using it as storage ...

Aren't reusable, aluminum water bottles pretty common? Not sure if they have a liner or something in them, though.

The ones from WCS are the ones I'm thinking of getting. How sturdy are they? When I hear aluminum, I think pop cans and flimsiness.

I think the water bottles are made of stainless steel (Klean Kanteen). I use those.

I have used pewter and stainless steel with good results. You may want to investigate the lead content of any pewter you wish to buy.

The ones from WCS are the ones I'm thinking of getting. How sturdy are they? When I hear aluminum, I think pop cans and flimsiness.

I think the water bottles are made of stainless steel (Klean Kanteen). I use those.

They're not nearly as flimsy as a soda can (I don't think one could crumple one of these bare handed). I'd say they're worth about $3 :biggrin: I just melted pucks of VDH and Col Conk soaps in a couple of them I bought and they've worked great.

I think they look nice sitting on my shelf - they have a nice matte finish - but they're by no means heavy duty.

The water bottles come in aluminum too, so contamination likely isn't an issue unless something in the soap could break down the metal.

A lot of cars and most aircraft are mostly aluminum these days. Soda cans ore flimsy because they are so thin. Think softball bat.

I agree that this is a nice container. A good size and with a screw-on lid.

I have several of those containers from WCS and as near as I can tell, they are exactly the same container as the one the Pre De Provence Soap comes in. I have compared the height, diameter, lid, every groove, bend, etc. and if they do not come from the same company they are either copies of one of them, or of some third manufacturer's product.

Bob

I have several of those containers from WCS and as near as I can tell, they are exactly the same container as the one the Pre De Provence Soap comes in. I have compared the height, diameter, lid, every groove, bend, etc. and if they do not come from the same company they are either copies of one of them, or of some third manufacturer's product.

Bob

Good work Bob. I find your insight interesting, because when I first got the Pre de Provence I liked its aluminum container and wanted to get more like it. I asked John from WCS about the possibility and now, according to you (and I take your word for it) we have just exactly those containers.

Top Bottom