What's new

Another good reason to use the B/S/T forum

I did a Google search for "Gillette Fatboy" and the fifth article down was entitled "Profiting From Gillette Saftey Razors on eBay". I'm sure this topic has been discussed here before but I thought the article was interesting. On the one hand it sucks because the antique stores will probably dry up from folks looking to make a profit on e-bay. On the other hand, it suggests that wetshaving is growing in popularity.

When all is said and done, it makes the B/S/T forum and the gentlemanly behavior exhibited there look like a great alternative to the Bay

Last edited:
I did a Google search for "Gillette Fatboy" and the fifth article down was entitled "Profiting From Gillette Saftey Razors on eBay". I'm sure this topic has been discussed here before but I thought the article was interesting. On the one hand it sucks because the antique stores will probably dry up from folks looking to make a profit on e-bay. On the other hand, it suggests that wetshaving is growing in popularity.

When all is said and done, it makes the B/S/T forum and the gentlemanly behavior exhibited there look like a great alternative to the Bay :001_smile
The knowledge of the sellers on B/S/T is a great selling point.
Auction sellers are often not all that well versed about razors.

'Baited by the Bay'...Heard they gave Billy Mays an honorary degree...I know 'there's one born every second', but the birthrate can't be THAT high.

Notice that article was dated in December of '07.... but it still rings true.

One 'could' make a fair amount of money buying non-descript lots of razors on ebay, cleaning them up, describing them well, and selling them piecemeal.

I was just talking to my girlfriend about this...

I'm new to DE shaving (only about 2 months in), but I was thinking about how there is a limited number of vintage razors, and a steadily growing number of wet-shavers... add to that the fact that most wet-shavers own more than a single razor and you've got a classic 'supply and demand' boom.

I'm curious to see how it peaks out, but I don't plan on sitting on the sidelines for this one. I plan on grabbing up some razors while they're still reasonably priced... I don't intend on re-selling, but if in the future someone wants to pay me $100+ to take them off my hands, I'm not sure I would argue with it...

Notice that article was dated in December of '07.... but it still rings true.
Even more true now. I cannot believe what some sellers are asking for some razors. I saw one auction where they were offering a Krona for $30. Nice shaver and all, but $30?

I understand the need to make a profit, but I don't believe it should always boil down to how much you can fleece the customer.

Top Bottom