What's new

In Praise of Ginger’s Garden, from an Aftershave Nut…

I’ve got well over 100 aftershaves in my den(s). To me, the aftershave is the best part of the shave. In recent years, I’ve steered toward “balmy” feeling, alcohol-based (whenever possible) aftershaves, e.g., Maol, Declaration, Noble Otter, Chatillon Lux, etc. I thought I’d mastered the market until a local shaving buddy suggested Ginger’s Garden a few weeks ago.

I now own eight bottles of GG aftershave. The scents are subtle, pleasant and complex. The face feel is amazingly moisturizing for my normal/“dry-ish“ face—like no other. The menthol is very mild, as it should be. Ginger’s Garden is now top of the heap in my den(s)!

What scent did you buy?

Reading this, I was hoping for ginger flower scent. We used to have that growing in our hard and those tall, white stalks of flowers could be smelled all over the area. Wonderful smell.

My only (minor) complaint about Ginger's is that the samples I've tried have felt slightly sticky/tacky for a minute or two as it dries. Otherwise I agree that it's a very nice aftershave.

What scent did you buy?

Reading this, I was hoping for ginger flower scent. We used to have that growing in our hard and those tall, white stalks of flowers could be smelled all over the area. Wonderful smell.
Nag Champa, Suede, Caribbean Coconut, Luna, Amerikesh, Enigma, Fougere and Haight Ashbury. All awesome.

I suspect she can do a ginger flower scent for you. She is known for customizing scents.

My only (minor) complaint about Ginger's is that the samples I've tried have felt slightly sticky/tacky for a minute or two as it dries. Otherwise I agree that it's a very nice aftershave.
I agree with you here, although to me it’s a lot more than I would like in the splash I have. My understanding is that she has a couple different formulae and the ones with aloe vera towards the top of the list have the sticky and tacky consistency. But they don’t all seem to be made that way and it sounds like Irena is willing to make orders without the AV when requested which I think is awesome service 👍

Top Bottom