What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

@BigJ - 30 shaves-wow!!!

Friday, August 5th- ARKO/Boarko on the down low (shave #4)- a two-pass shave, one tiny weeper that closed quickly, I'll score it DFS, 9/10:

Razor: Gillette Slim set on 5- picked this very used razor up for $10 in Brooklyn and it shaves fine; can't remember how long it's been since I used a Slim
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (4)- still okay
Lather: ARKO stick- nice enough lather
Brush: Zenith 506 unbleached- I've been breaking it in and after a couple of weeks this brush is almost as nice as my Omega Jade in use; wonder how long it will stay that way?
Post: rinse, then Anthony's ASB, my face is nice and soothed by this slightly mentholated balm

Have yourselves a great weekend!

View attachment 1499806

YES INDEED!! My standard, ‘top-tier’ give me 7-10 shaves! Those NOS SS can be sublime!! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
@BigJ - 30 shaves-wow!!!

Friday, August 5th- ARKO/Boarko on the down low (shave #4)- a two-pass shave, one tiny weeper that closed quickly, I'll score it DFS, 9/10:

Razor: Gillette Slim set on 5- picked this very used razor up for $10 in Brooklyn and it shaves fine; can't remember how long it's been since I used a Slim
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (4)- still okay
Lather: ARKO stick- nice enough lather
Brush: Zenith 506 unbleached- I've been breaking it in and after a couple of weeks this brush is almost as nice as my Omega Jade in use; wonder how long it will stay that way?
Post: rinse, then Anthony's ASB, my face is nice and soothed by this slightly mentholated balm

Have yourselves a great weekend!

View attachment 1499806
I recently got the same brush... I love the 506 handle (I have three with that handle: the black one like yours and two copper 506s; Manchurian and boar bleached) and Zenith in general. I'm breaking in all my boars. Since I'm a newbie, they are all new. I plan to participate in the December boar month... so I have 8 boars almost ready to go. It should be fun.

20220804_074344.jpg

Razor: PAL Adjustable
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Elite Razor Kingman Turquoise, Manchurian White fan
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Barbershop
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
A solid ten today.

Razor: Gillette Super Speed 1956
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: PAA Amber Aerolite
Preshave: Hot towel
Soap: CC 45th Parallel
Aftershave: Nivea Deep

Nice, mellow uneventful shave on a new Astra blade.
Missing the sharpness of my fav Bic blade however.
Rating: 9/10 DFS
IMG_20220805_110713-01.jpeg

901B0AE4-3EEE-49E1-B6E7-EC5CCC84A5DC.jpeg

Frugal Friday Shave

Yaqi Mercury razor head
SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium
Don Marco soap
Skin Bracer AS
Omega 49 brush
9.7/10

Really enjoyable shave. The Mercury head is a great match with the Titanium blade for sheer comfort. Don Marco is just a pleasant product to use and delivers above its price point.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
August 5, 2022

Razor: Razorock Game Changer .85-P
Blade: Gillette Nacet (5th Use)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T1
Pre-Shave: Warm shower, Musgo Real Lime Soap
Soap / Cream: Cremo Coconut/Mango Shave Stick
Aftershave: Warm followed by a cold water rinse; Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel, AofS Eucalyptus AS Balm; Gillette CoolWave AS Splash

Really getting the GC dialed in for smooth, close shaves. It pairs well with the Nacet blade too.

Going on vacation next week, so was preparing by using my travel brush.

9/10

Happy Friday
Seaforth Heather soap
Omega 10049 boar brush
Ralf Aust 5/8 straight razor
Speick aftershave

Two passes, with a third on one patch of my neck. Not as good as it could have been, so I’ll say 8.9/10.

View attachment 1499893
Those Ralf Aust 5/8” are a darn good razor!!👍😊💈

8/5/2022

Razor: Fatboy G3 (1961), setting 9
Blade: Astra SP (1st use)
Shave cream: Godrej Cinthol
Brush: Razorock "disruptor" synthetic
Aftershave: Nivea "sensitive cool" post-shave balm (with some menthol crystals)

Got brush a tiny bit damp, squeezed it out, and hand-lathered the shave cream and then face-lathered it. Nice and slick, even with my hard water! 2 passes. Decently close shave: Not BBS by any stretch, but not bad. Certainly socially acceptable. Today's shave was maybe an 8 out of 10.

Razor: Lupo .95 SB
Blade: Gillette Spoiler
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Soap: Stirling Sheep
AS: Stirling Baker Street

Two passes and slight touch-up for a close and super-smooth finish.
Perfect 10 and Chester Approved 😻

View attachment 1499891
Hello there Sweeney. Hope all is well and you have a relaxing and fun weekend lined up. Forgive me for asking, and perhaps I have never noticed before, but is that a bronze bar you have there are is it the lighting? Just wondering…

Fatip Friday

Pre-shave: shower, Jack Black Pure Clean
Soap: Chiseled Face Summer Storm
Brush: Thater silvertip
Razor: Fatip FOCS; Nacet (2)
Post-shave: cold water splash, Jack Black protein booster, Nivea sensitive
Aromatherapy: Creed Bois du Portugal

Continue to love the scent (and equally the performance) of the Summer Storm, think I’ll pick up the EDP/cologne and also look for some other soaps with that “petrichor” scent note. Today I was transported back about 20 years to a mopane campfire in Zimbabwe, reliving a day of stalking kudu…

It’s been 5 straight days of great workweek shaves and the FOCS kept the winning streak alive. I still want to give it a go with a longer handle, but that’s a very minor niggle.

Today was further auditioning of BdP, and it really agrees with me. So distinguished without crossing the line into snobby…

2 smooth efficient passes for a 9.6 DFS.

4A2B13BA-3246-4598-A724-0F6064DD95B1.jpeg

💈SOTD // Blackland Blackbird Ti // Spearhead Seaforth! Fleur de France Soap and Splash // Simpson M7 Manchurian // Captains Choice Copper Bowl // Perma-Sharp(2)
387AE11A-583E-42D1-A856-DF5CFEC7E853.jpeg

9.90/10
Another Outstanding shave today!
My face is smooth and I smell fantastic!

A most excellent start to the weekend!
😎

Hello there Sweeney. Hope all is well and you have a relaxing and fun weekend lined up. Forgive me for asking, and perhaps I have never noticed before, but is that a bronze bar you have there are is it the lighting? Just wondering…

The Lupo base plate was copper plated by Chris at Back Roads Gold. So far, I've resisted polishing so the bronze look is perhaps due to a deepening patina. cheers

RAZOR Merkur Progress (3 pass @ 3-3-2)
BLADE Gillette Nacet (4)
BRUSH Simpson Trafalgar T2
SOAP Saponificio Varesino 70th
POST Pinaud Clubman / Burberry AS Balm

Oh boy, first shave with the SV 70th. The Simpson made quick work of the new soap, loaded up once and face lathered for 3 passes. Very nice lather, slick and luxurious, love the scent. Finished off with the Burberry Balm, feel like I need to take the wife out for a drink or something I smell too good lol.

Oh SV purchase was thru Pasteurs, very nice first experience with them, shipped fast and delivered with no damage.
Happy customer.

9.5/10 Cheers! :thumbup1:

IMG_8875.jpg

Chard, I must say you are indeed, The Master of Lather!!!👍😊💈
Hey, much thanks for your kind words...hahaha but I am definitely not the master...
That Sterling Black Cherry sounds inviting for sure. How do you like it Chard?
I like the Stirling Soap qualities for sure and this particular soap scent is nice...I really like it but would prefer a stronger scent. As it is, I am satisfied...

Top Bottom