What's new

Bob Dylan Appreciation Thread - Favorite Album/Song/Cover

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
You know, I think I really like this track and virtually the entire Good as I Been to You album. Probably the World Gone Wrong album, too. Both albums all covers of traditional songs, with largely just Dylan and his acoustic guitar, all played straight up.

Dylan seems like a much better guitar player than I thought he was and he really knows this material. I think he is in good voice. These albums contain music that fits Dylan well, unless Dylan does Broadway hits. Most tracks definitely worth listening to. Now if you ask me whether it is very important that the world have Dylan's versions of each of these songs, I might say, "Not really." Does anything here approach the importance to music, culture, life, whatever, of something like Visions of Johanna, I would answer "absolutely not." Do I own these albums. Yes. Have I listened to them much over the decades. No.
Well said, sir.

Most of you probably have seen this interview Dylan did in December 2004 with Ed Bradley. I wonder who he made a bargain with that he mentions toward the end of the interview. He’s so enigmatic and clearly thinks on a totally different level than most of us.

Most of you probably have seen this interview Dylan did in December 2004 with Ed Bradley. I wonder who he made a bargain with that he mentions toward the end of the interview. He’s so enigmatic and clearly thinks on a totally different level than most of us.

Yeah, that is one way of pointing it! :)

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Would any of you care to share your thoughts on this movie? I'd love to hear them.

R.jpg

Top Bottom