What's new

SOTD - “Den Diving/Archaeology” August 1st, 2022 to August 7th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday, August 4, 2022.

Proraso. green eucalypto pre shaving cream. Dr Harris, Shaving cream. Dscosmetics (DS), fan knot, synthetic hair, green resin handle. Mennen, green-tonic, lotion aftershave. Edwin Jagger, moisturising aftershave lotion, aloe vera. Zara, 8.0, EdT.

88748300-437B-49CF-9784-A04FF0308C93.jpeg

SOTD : 4th August 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Vie-long shave stick.
Blade: Schick Japanese Twin. (D8)
Razor: Schick I1 Injector. 1955-58

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Swagger ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A wonderful shave to finish my shaving week off in style.

The Schick I1 Injector, is such a great user friendly shaving tool which is a pleasure to shave with...The Schick Japanese Twin blade on it's 8th outing has exceeded beyond my expectations with their longevity, still feeling smooth and efficient....Amazing stuff!

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.😉

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.😎

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
4D03EE31-D5B9-4B46-9E54-7E55AFDCBA4D.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Arko Shave Sticks grated into a puck.
3) USA: Razor Gillette MiLord.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Astra SP.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Malaysia: Aftershave Lotion Imperial Leather Aftershave Lotion.

Thu 4 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Parker OC
Blade Shark Platinum 3rd
Aftershave Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Lovely lather from this soap. Easily whip up by the excellent brush. Light refreshing marine scent and matched nicely with the aftershave. This blade in the razor provided a very nice smooth shave. Easy 3passes without any issues for a dfs finish.
20220804_130737.jpg

Always good to try and work through the pile of collected samples.

Wonderful shave today. The Tundra Artica is quite slick and produces an excellent lather. The lite fresh outdoor and gentle woody notes are very enjoyable. The matching aftershave has more of a "skin food" thickness and quality to it, which is fantastic.

Razor: Shumate Pacemaker
Brush: Yaqi 26mm tux
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica
Splash: Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica
Scent: True Religion

20220803_160542.jpg

SOTD

Henson titanium mild
Wizamet super iridium (1)
Grooming dept pre shave
Oaken lab plein air set
Simpsons T3 special edition brush
Captains choice obsidian copper shaving bowl

I think the Wizamet blade upped the efficiency of the henson a tad and I'm left with a lovely 2 pass bbs finish.

Simpsons T3 special edition brush was very nice indeed on first try.

20220804_135951.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, August 4th 2022, Den diving /Archeology theme, found this oddity at a antique store and was used during the 1930's, glass concaved hone strop for carbon blades for improving edge for more shaves Mfg during the dirty 30's.

Razor : Yaqi dual flip-side razor with a Micromatic handle- Mfg 2020> excellent adjustable razor concept, flip 180 degrees and it mild on the comb side, the SB side is a nice mid range, made of a Zamak head that is well made, Very good results I get.
Blade : Gillette silver blue(5) sharp & smoooth with good longevity, top tier blade for myself.,
Soap :Razorock "The Dead Sea" croap- nice unique pick me up scent with excellent lather qualities. One of my favorites.
Brush : Yaqi artic sky 24mm silvertip badger- excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock The Dead Sea with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Flipside with a GSB blade.
SOTD August 4.1 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom