What's new

July 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in!
IMG_20220731_153235.jpg

@Roedeer I was missing your GC .84 posts so I broke out mine to use today! It was alot smoother than I remembered! It was a lovely shave. I may have to stick with that razor next week!

SOTD #27 Pt II
Quick pre-dinner shave tonight probably completes my July GRUME.

Arko August will more than likely kickoff with a bang for me under the R41GS :001_tt1:
  • No Pre-Shave
  • Truefitt's 1805 (SOTM)
  • Simpson’s Special S1 - Best
  • Wilkinson Sword TTO
  • Nacet (1)
  • Shower in lieu of Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • Speick Splash
  • No Post-Shave Balm
I just couldn’t help myself - glad for it too...

It’s always wonderful when you find a new hardware pairing that sings beautifully. Such was the case this morning. I’m liking this Weishi TTO very much, the more I use it.

Today’s pairing with a PermaSharp is the best result I have ever had with this blade. I’ve used them in the past but no matter what, they have never been as comfortable or brilliant as today.
  • T&H Pre-Shave Oil
  • Truefitt's 1805 (SOTM)
  • Simpson’s Duke 3 - Best
  • Wilkinson Sword TTO
  • PermaSharp (1)
  • Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • Nivea Protect & Care 2 in 1 Splash
  • No Post-Shave Balm
4CE88A77-19B9-42B8-A27C-9B4693CBFE9A.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, can’t believe I made it through two! I started June and July thinking I would abstain for a month, then buy stuff at the end, maybe even rationalize purchases as “resupply.” Maybe not sign up the next month. But after two months, even when I seriously consider a purchase (as I have the last couple of days), I think “Seriously? Why?”
I haven’t bought any shaving supplies since early May. But I do have another razor after a gift exchange this month. My goal is to hold off on getting any more until I get rid of one.

I finished Shark Week and the July GRUME strong! My blade is still shaving well, but I also want to get back to the Feather with 60 shaves.
I ended Shark Week with better shaves than I started it with. One Super Stainless blade, rehabilitated on day 7. I changed razors every two days, I started with the Schick Krona, then I switched to vintage Gillettes: Superspeed, New Long Comb, then an early Postwar Tech. There was just some occasional blood. I thought I would end without any today but had a dot (after hitting a blemish) which only lasted one pass. Ended with a DFS.
A good time was had by all!

Top Bottom