What's new

I like Arko. Do I need therapy?

Yeah, I know, smells like a urinal puck, ect. I do not get that at all. I smell it, and it smells pleasant to me. I waved a stick at wifey and asked what she thought of the fragrance. She turned green and had bronchspasms. I'll take that as a no. Seriously though, I know some other guys out there who like Arko, and I just think it's interesting how differently some people react to Arko. I read not long ago that the reason some people love the taste of some foods that others hate is because of minute differences in body chemistry. Supposedly everyone's body chemistry is not exactly the same, and it is thought that this may influence taste. I have to wonder if something similar goes on with smell, and that's why some hate Arko and others like it. Anyway, got a tub of Proraso Apple-Lime incoming. Might be best to limit the use of Arko for the wife, whom I am inordinately fond of and cooks.

Last edited:
I've used about 3 sticks out of a 12 pack I bought several years ago, but I never had a problem with it. I think as it airs out it mellows. Mine just smells like strong Ivory soap.

To get your wife to like it, expose her to some Chiseled Face Midnight Stag, then have her sample the Arko...

Not a fan of the scent. Lathers well, but leaves my skin dry. Wouldn't object if I was given a stick, but wouldn't buy one again. I'll leave the arko for the connoisseurs.

To answer the OPs question, yes, it is quite likely you need therapy. Not much though as you are prepared to sacrifice arko to keep the wife happy, so you should respond well to treatment 😀

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Your wife appears to be a sound woman, I would recommend you buy her a taser and every time you smell Arko and think "that's a strong soapy scent" you ask your wife to tase you. In a few weeks yourself and your wife will be back to a harmonious relationship.

The only therapy you need is to sign up and participate in Arko August!

I value my marriage too much to use Arco for a month. :)

Retail therapy.
That's what you need, and quite frankly, so do I... but, unforgivably, I didn't order one of these from Amazon when they were available

screenshot-2022-06-25-at-17-11-07-png.1477913

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.

Great idea, aversion therapy make him use it til he's sick of it.

Top Bottom