What's new

Yaqi Tile Vs Henson Medium DE Razor Head Shave Thoughts

Just got my Yaqi Tile stainless today.

It's on the queue for my next shave.

Blade tips ?

Kai?

Gillette Platinum?
off the top of my head i've used polsilver, kai, feather and astra ss blue

go for whatever sharp blade you like, its an easy effortless shaver, so hopefully you cant go wrong

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Just got my Yaqi Tile stainless today.

It's on the queue for my next shave.

Blade tips ?

Kai?

Gillette Platinum?
Try the Gillette Platinum for one side of the face and the Kai for the other side and that will help you blade feel the difference, A standard new blade will give a decent shave I have found with mine but the Kai will out perform other blades with milder razors IMO .

Try the Gillette Platinum for one side of the face and the Kai for the other side and that will help you blade feel the difference, A standard new blade will give a decent shave I have found with mine but the Kai will out perform other blades with milder razors IMO .
interesting never thought of doing that

Ron R

interesting never thought of doing that
That is the best way to explain the differences of the 2 blades, you should feel a little more blade feel with the Kai. The extra blade feel is not for every one but I really enjoy my milder razors more than ever. I wish I would of bought some Kai blades earlier when I started collecting razors because I more than likely would used them more with my vintage Gillette supper speeds.

Reactions: saj
That is the best way to explain the differences of the 2 blades, you should feel a little more blade feel with the Kai. The extra blade feel is not for every one but I really enjoy my milder razors more than ever. I wish I would of bought some Kai blades earlier when I started collecting razors because I more than likely would used them more with my vintage Gillette supper speeds.
yea sharp blades and mild razors is a nice combo, like the tech with any sharp blades work good most the time

Ron R

DE SOTD, Thursday, July 21st 2022

Razor : Yaqi Tile stainless steel head- Excellent mild to tame mid range, head is made of 316 stainless steel, it roams over the face fairly safely because of minimal blade exposure, GSB blade works well with this razor IMO. Good for a Newbie or seasoned shaver who likes to relax more while shaving. I get good results with razor mostly, good design & reminds me of the Henson razor design.
Blade : Gillette Silver blue(1) excellent, sharp & Smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice scent with excellent lather qualities. (Discontinued):scared::sad:
Brush : Yaqi mountain lake 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Tile razor with a new GSB blade.:001_wub:
SOTD July 21.2 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Thursday, January 19th 2023

Razor : Yaqi "Tile" with a Yaqi handle- Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range, similar to the Henson razors, made from 316 SS and has a built in angle for mostly carefree shaving. Machining and finish QC adequate for my shaving needs. I use a Kai SS Extra wide in this razor for a little more blade feel.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide(2) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity, the blade is wider by 9/1000 of a inch giving a slight boost in blade feel in those razors that need a little boost for your preference for blade feel.
Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities:001_wub:.
Brush : Yaqi "artic sky" 24mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice ergonomic handle + great knot.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Tile razor with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD Jan 19 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

DE SOTD, Thursday, January 19th 2023

Razor : Yaqi "Tile" with a Yaqi handle- Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range, similar to the Henson razors, made from 316 SS and has a built in angle for mostly carefree shaving. Machining and finish QC adequate for my shaving needs. I use a Kai SS Extra wide in this razor for a little more blade feel.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide(2) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity, the blade is wider by 9/1000 of a inch giving a slight boost in blade feel in those razors that need a little boost for your preference for blade feel.
Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities:001_wub:.
Brush : Yaqi "artic sky" 24mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice ergonomic handle + great knot.
Post shave : Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Tile razor with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD Jan 19 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!
which handle is that mate? very nice :)

Ron R

It comes with the Yaqi ("flip side" dual comb razor) and is hollow with ends installed. I find it feels nice in the hand and bought it on sale last year around this time. The razor appealed to me so the price was right for taking a chance. Yaqi has some good products for shaving needs as you know already and are affordable for the masses of folks who shave IMO.

Reactions: saj
It comes with the Yaqi ("flip side" dual comb razor) and is hollow with ends installed. I find it feels nice in the hand and bought it on sale last year around this time. The razor appealed to me so the price was right for taking a chance. Yaqi has some good products for shaving needs as you know already and are affordable for the masses of folks who shave IMO.
i got the yaqi flipside its got a longer handle but its hybrid open comb and safety bar, not a bad razor

how aggressive is yours?

Ron R

i got the yaqi flipside its got a longer handle but its hybrid open comb and safety bar, not a bad razor

how aggressive is yours?
Have to agree with that also, I use it with also making Yaqi Beast 2 with a mellon head and it picks up a little extra aggression when I'm experimenting. It is a nice razor with the comb side being the less aggressive side as your aware but others might want to know this.
(L)Yaqi Beast #2..................................................................... Yaqi flipside
Yaqi1 Beast 2.jpg
Yaqi1Flipside razor 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

I've had this shaving head since November 2022, the head is great but I still haven't found a handle to get balance.

The head is weighty, and finding a handle to obtain a perfect balance is difficult :sad:

Ron R

DE SOTD, Saturday Feb3rd 2024

Razor : Yaqi Tile head with a Yaqi brass nickel coated handle- Mfg 2021>, tame mid range. Well built and machined razor head of 316 SS + adequate finish for my shaving needs. I like to use a Kai SS extra wide blade for more blade feel, it seems as I shave more over the years some blade feel is what I enjoy it seems(tame to mid range).
Blade : Kai SS (6) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity.
Soap : Tabac puck, mild flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Coat tails" 24mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice (firmer) splay scrubber + excellent lather generator.
Post shave : Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi tile 316 SS razor head with a Kai SS blade.
SOTD Febuaruy 3 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom