What's new

Razorine Flatboy 72

Glad I didn’t get the knurled handle. The smooth one works fine and I don’t find it particularly slippery at all…besides it looks better. More Art Deco, like the Smart-Helix and the Lambda Athena. The shave is excellent and very intuitive for me…unlike the R41 to which it has been compared. Weight and balance are good and it’s very enjoyable to use. And yes, I could see using it as a daily driver w/o problems or concerns if that is the desired razor.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Glad I didn’t get the knurled handle. The smooth one works fine and I don’t find it particularly slippery at all…besides it looks better.
Some sellers sell it with both handles. I actually wanted the larger diameter knurled one, but didn't get it. The "72" model handle also funnily fits the Blackbird head nicely. 😆

Seems the two handle offers were on Etsy.

Did you guys get the nickel plated one or the brass with ss?

What's the benefit to nickel plated razors? I've never owned a nickel plated razor and before the unkles of the forum @FarmerTan @thombrogan say anything I ask for mercy in advanced and I shall lather some arko in thy name to make up for my ignorance lool 😂

I'm trying to resist the urge but these threads about the razorine is making it really hard lool

Btw any of you guys got the razorine shavette?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Did you guys get the nickel plated one or the brass with ss?

What's the benefit to nickel plated razors? I've never owned a nickel plated razor and before the unkles of the forum @FarmerTan @thombrogan say anything I ask for mercy in advanced and I shall lather some arko in thy name to make up for my ignorance lool 😂

I'm trying to resist the urge but these threads about the razorine is making it really hard lool

Btw any of you guys got the razorine shavette?
I gave in to temptation and have the Brass one on the way. :)

It's super efficient in a narrow shaving angle, but not harsh at all. It's a smooth razor. Extremely efficient and fun to use razor. I shaved with it yesterday as I didn't have time for a straight razor shave.

It's extremely noisy as it literally doesn't have any blade support, but unlike other razors whre this can led to nicks and cuts the razor isn't harsh at all. Maybe because the blade sits flat ? I don't know.

I am now tempted to buy the focus aluminum flat head razor too.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
It's super efficient in a narrow shaving angle, but not harsh at all. It's a smooth razor. Extremely efficient and fun to use razor. I shaved with it yesterday as I didn't have time for a straight razor shave.
It's a shavette head, after all. Interestingly many shaved STEEP with it nevertheless, how would you describe your shaving angle with the Flatboy, if I may ask?

Please tell me how efficient it is versus the most efficient razors you have ever used
Used the Flatboy this morning for the first time. Wasn’t sure how it was going to go, but everything turned out fine. I’ll give more details later, but first shave was smooth and efficient. Maybe too early to tell how it compares to my other razors as I was taking it a little easy on this first go…. But I’d say it’s similar to my Yates and Blackbird.

Check. I got mine doing a search and came across an Etsy shop from Italy. Two handles and the brass head for €40 excluding shipping. Price has gone up to €45 since my purchase. Which is still a bargain for brass and SS with two handles.

Guido

Some sellers sell it with both handles. I actually wanted the larger diameter knurled one, but didn't get it. The "72" model handle also funnily fits the Blackbird head nicely. 😆

i see theres only one seller on etsy and he sells with oth handles looks like hes from italy, ive never used etsy before but wanted to ask how much was delivery for you?

i see theres only one seller on etsy and he sells with oth handles looks like hes from italy, ive never used etsy before but wanted to ask how much was delivery for you?
The one from Italy was €14 shipping (EU) for me. And €40 for the razor.

Guido

Reactions: saj
Third time with the Razorine. Really liking this razor! Two passes and I was done!

Date​
10.07.2022​
Main Focus:10/31 Days in GRUME (out at 19%)
189/191 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
Other:High Efficiency Razors in July
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face wash
Proraso Green Preshave
Cream:Kox Bergamot
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Bowl:Face lather
Brush:Omega Super Badger 632
Passes:WTG (N-S)
XTG (W-S and S-N on the neck)
Razor:Razorine Flatboy
Blade:Dorco Titan (3)
Rating:9/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS

Notes to today’s shave can be found here:A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11840373

Have a great day everyone,

Guido

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Glad I didn’t get the knurled handle. The smooth one works fine and I don’t find it particularly slippery at all…besides it looks better. More Art Deco, like the Smart-Helix and the Lambda Athena. The shave is excellent and very intuitive for me…unlike the R41 to which it has been compared. Weight and balance are good and it’s very enjoyable to use. And yes, I could see using it as a daily driver w/o problems or concerns if that is the desired razor.
thanks for this!

Wondering what treading Razorine is using? Is the funky fatip unique thread, the old #10x32's or the new M5 ?
Or a cork>
benny-rossi.jpg

Top Bottom