What's new

Custom Arko Container ideas?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This thread proved that "haters gonna hate" doggone!

@Robbie7, you are now in the running for the equivalent of the Peace Prize in Arkoland, "for service above and beyond the call of the sane" to the subjeks in the Land of Arko!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
They do sell pucks, which I have one, but...the containers they come in aren't great for lathering either. Let's face it...you can't beat the price and it's a pretty good performing soap for the money you dish out. Might be worth investing in something like Captain's Choice will soon be coming out with...a container for soaps like Arko and MWF.

A_20220629_083831.jpg

They do sell pucks, which I have one, but...the containers they come in aren't great for lathering either. Let's face it...you can't beat the price and it's a pretty good performing soap for the money you dish out. Might be worth investing in something like Captain's Choice will soon be coming out with...a container for soaps like Arko and MWF.

View attachment 1480165
I do have a few of the Arko pucks that come in the bowls, but as you mentioned they are too small for my liking and they don't lather up very well in my experience. As you mentioned MWF, I will also update with a photo of the other bowls I'm working on! I have one for MWF, Speick, Arko, and a MWF/Tabac 50/50 that I spliced the logos together for. I also am in the process of making bowls for both Williams Mug Soap, and Derby shave sticks, but they'll follow the same format as the others. I must say though that Arko is still my favorite so far!

Attachments

• 20220629_022704.jpg
    20220629_022704.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
This thread proved that "haters gonna hate" doggone!

@Robbie7, you are now in the running for the equivalent of the Peace Prize in Arkoland, "for service above and beyond the call of the sane" to the subjeks in the Land of Arko!
Finally, an award I actually want to win! I imagine the medal I'm given will be made out of cardboard and rubber bands, so as to uphold the economical value we're so accustomed to here in Arkoland. And if you're interested in taking a break from the gold plated shaving bowls in the royal palace, I'd be happy to make another Arko bowl and send it your way!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Hello everyone, I wanted to update you all on what I decided and subsequently created. Thanks again to @APBinNCA for the maggard's jars suggestion. I picked up quite a few for some different soaps, but starting first with Arko. I made some custom sized labels, printed them, ran them through the laminator, and then affixed them to the container before smashing some Arko sticks inside. It's not perfect, but it's enough to satisfy my OCD for the time being. I can now happily bowl lather my Arko in something I hope @FarmerTan can be proud of! I've attached some pictures for closure
Here's a 3D printer file for you. I included the .STL and also the .3MF in case one is preferred.

Bring it to your local library if they have the facilities and ask them to 3D print it for you in red, then paint the letters black and white.
It is 3.35 inches in diameter and 1.35 inches tall.
arko1.png

Attachments

• Arko.zip
    745.2 KB · Views: 10
Here's a 3D printer file for you. I included the .STL and also the .3MF in case one is preferred.

Bring it to your local library if they have the facilities and ask them to 3D print it for you in red, then paint the letters black and white.
It is 3.35 inches in diameter and 1.35 inches tall.
View attachment 1480183
Now THIS is extremely cool. It's not something I would have thought of, but I'm certainly going to have to try that sometime soon. Thank you for doing this

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Now THIS is extremely cool. It's not something I would have thought of, but I'm certainly going to have to try that sometime soon. Thank you for doing this
I just swapped out the zip file after realizing it couldn't be printed as posted.
The new one is there, and it has the lid upside down so you don't need supports.
The Arko lettering is separate so the lid top will be smooth. The letters can be super glued on after painting, which makes it easier to paint them.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I just remembered and double-checked...Stirling Soap Company sells their green containers in 4oz and 6oz sizes. The 4oz are selling for $2.75 and the 6oz for $3.75. I bought a 6oz one a while back and have a puck of Ogallala Bay Rum Shave Soap in it. Works great!

Alum Ladd! Good evening, my friend!!!!

You Arko!-guy, you! Please post your pics to defend the honor of Arko! I’m beginning to think no one truly shaves with something quoted as being so olfactory-offensive. Except maybe FarmerTan who might suffer from some form of congenital anosmia. Or he’s the only shareholder in Arko!

Let’s see some photos of G-1 and the magic of “Arko!”!!!!

Too bad this forum isn’t “scratch and sniff” compatible. This would save valuable time. 😆

Best Wishes, My friend!

Curly not-out-yet
Hi Curly! My darn phone finally gave up the ghost, but here is a photo of G-1 in deep conversation with Arko! and a brush caught earlier.
IMG_20220629_210115028.jpg

Hi Curly! My darn phone finally gave up the ghost, but here is a photo of G-1 in deep conversation with Arko! and a brush caught earlier. View attachment 1480344
Hadn't put two and two together when you were mentioning G-1 that it was a 195 adjustable and you were just using the date code. Also oddly enough I've used Arko plenty, and my Fatboy's quite a bit as well, but never together! You've inspired me to try that pairing in the coming days, even though G-3 is as close as I can get

Attachments

• 20220630_093847.jpg
    20220630_093847.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Ok last attempt at this
2360_image_3.jpg

This red lotus Chinese bowl sold for $9.5 million you could probably smash one Arko stick into it (best to do it carefully) and then you could have one of the world's cheapest shave soaps in the world's most expensive bowl worth the same as 2,354,430 Arko sticks assuming a cost of $3.95 per stick

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

I shredded my ARCO stick using a cheese grater. Any type will do but I have the type you turn the handle like when a restaurant adds Parmesan cheese to your salad. Then I smash it into an Old Spice mug. A cosmetic jar works too, and if you use a 4" (90mm) short one you don't need a mug or a lathering bowl. That's the type of jar that the latest version of Fine 21st Century Shave Soap uses. Captain's Choice uses the same concept but with a slightly smaller diameter and taller jar. I like the wider one better. Pay attention to whatever plastic or glass jar like that that your household uses for other products.

Ok last attempt at this
View attachment 1480995
This red lotus Chinese bowl sold for $9.5 million you could probably smash one Arko stick into it (best to do it carefully) and then you could have one of the world's cheapest shave soaps in the world's most expensive bowl worth the same as 2,354,430 Arko sticks assuming a cost of $3.95 per stick
We all knew deep down you loved ARKO. To suggest such prestigious packaging...you're in for August right? :c1:

Top Bottom