What's new

Medium razor recommendations

Hello there... Could any of you fine gentlemen recommend a decent medium aggressive razor?
I use mild razors paired with sharp blades ie. Henson medium/KCG/Yaqi mellon with feather/bic/Gillette yellow blades.
I bought a 100 GSBs after all the great reviews but they seem to be tugging in these razors, so I'm thinking upping the aggressiveness might help.
I live in Australia & I'm after something super affordable & happy to order from AliExpress. Thanks

I cannot answer the AliExpress part of your question.

My standard recommendations in the ‘mild/moderate’ category are the 34C or one of the EJ89 series razors. If you are interested in going vintage, then you might consider a Tech.

I think the Karve and the Yates are great suggestion, but living in Australia may be a problem with the Yates
coming from America. If that is the case and even if it isn’t, the RazorRock Game Changer .84 SB would be a nice step up from what you are currently using and very affordable as well.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I live in Australia & I'm after something super affordable & happy to order from AliExpress. Thanks
DSCosmetics S9, which is basically a Game Changer .84 SB. I would take the version with a scalloped cap and pick a handle that has some grip through its shape, as they tend to overpolish the rather shallow knurls. That's the only major difference to Razorock.

Razorine Flatboy. Seriously. I was concerned because of comparisons to the R41 which I never could use without blood loss. However, I discovered it to be an EXCELLENT razor that was very easy and intuitive to use.

PAA Meta4 is a darkhorse in this race. Seriously underrated shaver. Efficiency is excellent without a lot of blade feel. Large gap, small exposure (or neutral). All stainless at an excellent price.

You should start there. You may well find you are finished once you have tried it.

PAA Meta4 is a darkhorse in this race. Seriously underrated shaver. Efficiency is excellent without a lot of blade feel. Large gap, small exposure (or neutral). All stainless at an excellent price.

You should start there. You may well find you are finished once you have tried it.
Agreed

Hello there... Could any of you fine gentlemen recommend a decent medium aggressive razor?
I use mild razors paired with sharp blades ie. Henson medium/KCG/Yaqi mellon with feather/bic/Gillette yellow blades.
I bought a 100 GSBs after all the great reviews but they seem to be tugging in these razors, so I'm thinking upping the aggressiveness might help.
I think the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 would be worth considering.
The GSBs are a good sharp and smooth combination so I am surprised they are tugging. Try a few before you buy another razor.

Simple: get a Gillette Slim Adjustable. Will be affordable, very high quality, and you can adjust it to be as aggressive or mild as you want.

Easy peasy,
-Z

Top Bottom