What's new

SparkyLB Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Member Interviews - Meet Member SparkyLB

138223.jpg

@SparkyLB has been a member of B&B since Mar 6, 2022

1. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

While on a You Tube rabbit hole I found Geofatboy and commented, I will NEVER touch one of those things to my face. He didn't reply. I heard in another video him saying, "Like anything else, it's a challenge. Instead of saying, "I'm afraid, people should say--'I'll give that a try.'" I found an internet forum, and here I am.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I'm an instructor for an electrical apprenticeship program. I'm a journeyman wireman myself. I was an elementary school teacher, a drug/alcohol therapist, and went to Johnson & Wales University, too. I don't use a single degree I have.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

I was born in the Bronx, at a very young age. I like Bend, Oregon; Alaska, Philadelphia and the sparsely populated parts of upstate New York

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Anywhere there's a change in seasons, lots of wildlife and a lack of crazies. Alaska, Montana or Wyoming would work; but not for the Mrs.'

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

I'm an amateur watchmaker, carpenter, I play guitar, bass, keyboards, and played clarinet and bass clarinet when I was in 5th grade. I used to S.C.U.B.A. dive.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

Dylan to me Americana, Shakespeare, Milton and a wordsmith like no other. He turns words into images, sentences into scenes. If I ever make my own shaving soap, my logo will be the harmonica holder he wears on his neck. The name of the soap will Beady Arzy. Any takers? :)

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

See #6

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

Write books, and/or Be happy 24/7

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

I'd like to think my educational endeavors, but surprisingly not. I'm most proud of my ability to see both sides of the coin. Pro's: I can identify with your opposing point of view. Con's: I can argue with myself!

From my background as an educator and therapist; I give a lot of my adult students a shoulder. I like to think I'm a mix of experience, empathy, and a moral compass for my students who need it.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

It isn’t the money. Kurt Cobain, Anthony Bourdain, Robin Williams, and Chris Cornell are living proof of that. They all were very, very rich, and all took their own lives. If money meant happiness, well—you know the rest.

Find something you're good at and enjoy, and do it. Don't struggle to become something that someone else suggests. And for God's sakes, know your limitations.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

The ability to instill honesty, integrity and righteousness into everyone. It would also be good to have a bottle of happiness I could sprinkle on people.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

An elephant. My memory would be so much better, and I could carry Ivory legally.

13. What kind of music do you like?

Eclectic. I like classical, Beatles, Stones, Floyd, Clapton, Neil Young and countless others. Oddly, I get no joy out of uber-skilled technical musical virtuosos like Stevie Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, or Carlos Santana. I give them all the respect in the world, but it might as well be muzak. Jazz musicians are known for being at the top of their game, but their music doesn’t do it for me.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Alice of Wonderland fame.

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

Don't Do That!

Love me some Dylan, although the one time I saw him (Farm Aid 1985) he mumbled the entire set with his back to the audience (not entirely, but felt that way).
Agreed. His voice is all but gone. He loves to tour, but the Dylan in my head is in his 20's. I heard him first at summer camp at 12 years old the year Elvis died. A counselor was playing "Maggie's Farm," and I was hooked. This counselor also played a lot of Tull, The Beatles and The Grateful Dead. A buddy of mine got me into Hot Tuna when I was still a minor. A big part of my life has always been music. It takes me places.

Certainly agree with you though, @emwolf. To quote Jim Morrison, "His ballroom days are over, babe."

Agreed. His voice is all but gone. He loves to tour, but the Dylan in my head is in his 20's. I heard him first at summer camp at 12 years old the year Elvis died. A counselor was playing "Maggie's Farm," and I was hooked. This counselor also played a lot of Tull, The Beatles and The Grateful Dead. A buddy of mine got me into Hot Tuna when I was still a minor. A big part of my life has always been music. It takes me places.

Certainly agree with you though, @emwolf. To quote Jim Morrison, "His ballroom days are over, babe."
Well, I try my best to be just like I am
But everybody wants you to be just like them.
Maggies farm
Great line.

Top Bottom