What's new

June 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Sunday June 26

Gillette Heritage
Silver Star (2)
Hans Baier Silvertip
Derby
Fine Platinum

IMG-4547_DSC_4547 (3).JPG

June 1st I was planning to restock a bottle of Nivea Sensitive Cool balm but couldn't find it here in Sweden, so I bought this one instead.

IMG-3889.jpg

A few days ago I found an online retailer that had the Sensitive Cool in stock.
Today I gave the other bottle to my nephew, so far so good.
But in return he gave me a tub of Proraso soap he's not using.

I think i'm good according to rule 5, but you'll be the judges.

5. You are encouraged to engage in trades (especially with each other), but don't enter any PIFs. Signing up for a product waitlist (without placing a deposit) is acceptable.

I will restock the Sensitive Cool balm July 1st.

If this is ok I'm still in, if not I'm out for the rest of the month.

SOTD
  • Rockwell 6S/R6
  • Nacet (42 - the answer to everything)
  • Elite Shaving amboyna burl badger
  • Stirling Orange Chill/Omega Eucalyptus - SOTM
  • WH w/menthol, HA, LTFT
  • Stirling South Padre ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
As Chestnut might say, this shave was "rrruufff"!

Chestnut.jpg

I don't know if the blade is just totally done or if the move to the R6 plate didn't agree with me, but there was a lot more scraping than cutting. I did, however, get a nice little cut below my lower lip, so there's that. Into the bin with that blade, and a new blade into the Rockwell, now sporting the R3 plate.

Onward!

June 1st I was planning to restock a bottle of Nivea Sensitive Cool balm but couldn't find it here in Sweden, so I bought this one instead.

A few days ago I found an online retailer that had the Sensitive Cool in stock.
Today I gave the other bottle to my nephew, so far so good.
But in return he gave me a tub of Proraso soap he's not using.

I think i'm good according to rule 5, but you'll be the judges.

5. You are encouraged to engage in trades (especially with each other), but don't enter any PIFs. Signing up for a product waitlist (without placing a deposit) is acceptable.

I will restock the Sensitive Cool balm July 1st.

If this is ok I'm still in, if not I'm out for the rest of the month.
It sounds like you bought something (needed) during the re-stock day, gave it to your nephew and got Proraso in return. If I'm understanding correctly, I think that's fair dinkum.

Still In, I think? I did receive 2 Tabac pucks from my son, who also wet shaves. I introduced him to it for his birthday last September. The gift was not hinted at, but I think my wife told him that I had been using Tabac lately. I did give him two soaps and two aftershaves, Moonsoaps Havanna and Stirling Executive Man!

I haven't shaved yet today but will post a pic when I do!
As @JAHE said, you're good. :)

I think Doug would all knock us out of GRUME if he offered such a wonderful handle to this group! I personally prefer slightly heavier handles although that’s based on zero comparison to light handles, because I don’t have any…

Design and look-wise I would be out the moment this would be up for sale. Plain and simple. Wonderful build Doug! @Rosseforp and enjoy your new handle Hannes @Multum in parvo!

Looking forward to the first posts in this thread or elsewhere on the forum.

Best,

Guido
If it were an official group buy, it would be allowed. Just sayin'... :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the huge line-up of posts, but this is what happens when I'm off B&B for a week!

The good news is that we lost only one during that time, though there are a few "maybes" in the mix. For now, this is what we have:

Quick morning shave & I’m out!

Doug @Rosseforp agreed to turn one of his great GTS handles for me and I will pay it today.
Super excited and no regrets :)

80mm by 14.3mm M5 - Bronze/Aluminium/Bronze @ 25grams

View attachment 1476170
No regrets on a special purchase - that's in the spirit of GRUME as far as I'm concerned. I hope that handle treats you well! And, of course, we would love to see pics when you get it!

When a brother falls, it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) @Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo - out (6/21: @Rosseforp Handle)
4) @iver
5) @LJBraaten
6) @Balin
7) @Doti B
8) @Kyle89
9) @Chef455
10) @cryhavoc
11) @Roedeer
12) @hopper_64
13) @Chad3 - maybe out for blades, awaiting confirmation
14) @Guido75
15) @kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) @ChriWilson - SOTM
17) @silverlifter
18) @sarir97
19) @Heron
20) leverspro - out (6/8: Carbon Razor)
21) @sandorfi - SOTM
22) @Herrenberg
23) @Contact_vs_Feedback
24) @Dodger59
25) @Jack Goossen
26) @mattps1
27) @La Malice
28) @cantujm
29) @Timeclo
30) @FL shaver

If I missed an "out" while I was out, let me know!

Sorry for the huge line-up of posts, but this is what happens when I'm off B&B for a week!

The good news is that we lost only one during that time, though there are a few "maybes" in the mix. For now, this is what we have:

No regrets on a special purchase - that's in the spirit of GRUME as far as I'm concerned. I hope that handle treats you well! And, of course, we would love to see pics when you get it!

When a brother falls, it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) @Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo - out (6/21: @Rosseforp Handle)
4) @iver
5) @LJBraaten
6) @Balin
7) @Doti B
8) @Kyle89
9) @Chef455
10) @cryhavoc
11) @Roedeer
12) @hopper_64
13) @Chad3 - maybe out for blades, awaiting confirmation
14) @Guido75
15) @kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) @ChriWilson - SOTM
17) @silverlifter
18) @sarir97
19) @Heron
20) leverspro - out (6/8: Carbon Razor)
21) @sandorfi - SOTM
22) @Herrenberg
23) @Contact_vs_Feedback
24) @Dodger59
25) @Jack Goossen
26) @mattps1
27) @La Malice
28) @cantujm
29) @Timeclo
30) @FL shaver

If I missed an "out" while I was out, let me know!
Hey, welcome back, I missed you!

Still in, back from our nice getaway. I got shave #38 on my freshly honed Feather Hi Stainless and my go to old Gillette Tech. A DFS+. Life is good!

6 27 22.jpg

Still in!

Unsure if I want to sign up for July- granted I'll play along. I might just give myself the option to try a few things if I feel inclined. Interested in trying a few soap samples to get ready for autumn/winter (favorite scents time of year). I've had my eyes on an M7 synthetic for a few months now and feel like I'm ready to give that brush a try as a replacement to my Duke 3 (will not be keeping both).

We shall see. This thread has certainly been allowing me to think about purchases more thoroughly instead of just blindly buying, and I may be ready to pull the trigger on some stuff I've been eyeing.

Top Bottom