What's new

how long have you gone without shaving?

hey people so i always see people posting about how often they shave,
then it got me thinking i wonder how long some of you gone without shaving?

i havent had a facial shave since i was 20, so thats 17 years roughly lol

look dont get me wrong before ive felt like changing the beard up and sometimes i have by fading it, trimming it, growing it and fancying a bit of change as some of us can get a bit bored, but for the first time the other day a thought crept into my mind about shaving my facial hair

i havent missed shaving my facial hair as at the time it was more of a chore and i think that was more due to using shaving foam and carts, who knows maybe i'd enjoy it now with the hardware/software i got now

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
In my cart days, I went for 72 hours over every weekend because I hated shaving. Then I tried straight razor shaving, loved it and shaved daily.

Since taking up SR shaving, I have a few times gone for 48 hours without shaving but that was because I had a barber shave appointment coming up. I wanted to make my barber work for his exorbitant fee of almost USD 2 for a full SR shave with all the trimmings.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I was a dedicated beard guy for a long time, but would get bored and shave it all off, start again. Chief complaint was sensitivity and discomfort when shaving. The longest I kept a dedicated beard would have been about three years. I have pretty much shaved every day for the last two years. Coming back to straight razors has been a revelation for comfortable daily shaving.

i havent had a facial shave since i was 20, so thats 17 years roughly lol

That effectively states that you haven’t shaved for the last 17 years and that you are 37 years old now.

Just to confirm, you are telling us that you haven’t shaved for the last 17 years???

So what are your various posts since you joined in late 2020 all about?
Fond memories of how it was more than 17 years ago, until you turned 20, or your imaginatiom how it would be if you were shaving (e.g. with a Henson razor that didn’t exist in 2006) today?
And what are you doing with all those Arko sticks in your avatar that you arranged flat on a piece or carpet to make it look like a pyramid?

Just trying to make sense of what you are saying…

B.

That effectively states that you haven’t shaved for the last 17 years and that you are 37 years old now.

Just to confirm, you are telling us that you haven’t shaved for the last 17 years???

So what are your various posts since you joined in late 2020 all about?
Fond memories of how it was more than 17 years ago, until you turned 20, or your imaginatiom how it would be if you were shaving (e.g. with a Henson razor that didn’t exist in 2006) today?
And what are you doing with all those Arko sticks in your avatar that you arranged flat on a piece or carpet to make it look like a pyramid?

Just trying to make sense of what you are saying…

B.
I'm a head shaver and as my OP says I haven't facial shaved for roughly 17 years

That is mount arko lol 😆

I wore a beard for a couple years, long ago. I've goofed around over the years, trying a goatee and just a "soul patch" not that long ago, but it never lasts long. I just can't stand the feeling of hair on my face after 3-4 weeks.

Longest I've gone without shaving when I wasn't trying to grow a beard, is a week.

I grew a beard after my Naval hitch many years ago, but couldn't really get used to it.
In recent years I went unshaven for about a week while backpacking with my brother in the Sierras. I'm sure my bother who sported a full beard at the time, grew tired of hearing me extol the virtues of wet shaving every night around the campfire. 😆

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Five days last year a few times was the longest I've ever gone without shaving since I was about 21 yo.

Second semester of 2017 I quit shaving for 6 months.

Not able to grow a closed beard. Just got a beggar style.

Then I quit and get back to shave, 2 to 4 days a week.

6-7 days I think at most since I started shaving. In my cart days I'd shave 1-2 days a week. Can't stand the itch.

I shaved every couple of days diligently. Trim above the lip everyday for decades. Couple of years ago I was hospitalized for a few months and didn’t shave for weeks on end. That was agonizing lol. I love the process, it’s relaxing for me.

I'm a head shaver and as my OP says I haven't facial shaved for roughly 17 years
That is mount arko lol 😆
Ah, head-shaving, of course. :biggrin1:

I suppose it shows my age that (despite my receding hairline) I didn’t think of that one…

Of course, there was a giveaway when you wrote “facial shave”, which I overlooked.

B.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Aside from a couple of stints in the hospital after surgery, I've gone a day and a half without shaving. It's the ideal interval for my skin, but totally impractical for everything else.

I did have a beard for about 25 years, but it was one of those "neat" beards that required daily shaving above and below.

Top Bottom