What's new

Messy Aqua Velva

I guess this really could apply to any AS splash, but when I try to get a little bit of AV into my hands, I always tend to spill a little bit/drip some down the bottle/so on and so forth. This might just be because of the wide opening at the top. I tried sticking a small piece of a cotton ball in there, but it acted more as a stopper than a flow/drip controller. Any suggestions to keep things neat?

I have the same problem. I always get more on the sink than I do in my hands. I get a good thing AV is so cheap, or I would be mad at all the waste going on. :wink:

I have this problem with several products including AV, and have solved the issue by holding a finger (thumb, index, YMMV) over the hole, turning the bottle almost completely upside down, and very quickly lifting the finger two or three times. Cover the hole with the finger and revert bottle to it's normal sitting position. Lets me control the flow to an acceptable degree and preventing it from spilling down the side of the bottle.

V

VR6ofpain

This happens to me with virtually all after shaves. The only exception is Tabac after shave lotion. I think it is because the container is so big it evaporates before getting to the bottom.

I could care less about the blue ring of AV, since it is cheap. The orange ring from my bottle of Floid is what bothers me. That stuff is expensive!

I have this problem with several products including AV, and have solved the issue by holding a finger (thumb, index, YMMV) over the hole, turning the bottle almost completely upside down, and very quickly lifting the finger two or three times. Cover the hole with the finger and revert bottle to it's normal sitting position. Lets me control the flow to an acceptable degree and preventing it from spilling down the side of the bottle.

+1. I made this exact thread about a month or two ago. I adopted this technique. Plug the hole with my index finger, invert and give the bottle two quick shakes to get some AV into my other hand, replug, revert the bottle, profit! No blue ring and little if any spill over.

AV is the best!

I guess this really could apply to any AS splash, but when I try to get a little bit of AV into my hands, I always tend to spill a little bit/drip some down the bottle/so on and so forth. This might just be because of the wide opening at the top. I tried sticking a small piece of a cotton ball in there, but it acted more as a stopper than a flow/drip controller. Any suggestions to keep things neat?

Tell me about it. See my sig.

After I'm done splashing it on the bathroom looks like I murdered a nobleman there.

:biggrin:

Last edited:
+1. I made this exact thread about a month or two ago. I adopted this technique. Plug the hole with my index finger, invert and give the bottle two quick shakes to get some AV into my other hand, replug, revert the bottle, profit! No blue ring and little if any spill over.

AV is the best!

Come to think of it the opening is concave, so it's probably designed to do this! I guess they wanted us to figure it out on our own. :blushing:

After I'm done splashing it on the bathroom looks like I murdered a nobleman there.

:biggrin:

:lol::lol::lol:

I usually have it trickle down my hand instead of down the bottle...I try to splash a little on my palms and run it all over my face after a shave. For spot applications, I also use the same method as those above, stopping the flow with a finger-tip. See, you just need to have a blue sink...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I find that after the volume gets down a bit the wastage is greatly reduced ... it's sort of a "full bottle phenomenon" for me.

Try using a cotton swab; it should fit into the hole of the bottle. Get the swab wet and then drag it across your shaved areas......may take a few dips into the bottle to get enough. This way, you don't waste your AS and you don't get overkill from putting on too much. I use this technique with English Leather and Old Spice cologne as well. Use a good grade swab though, as you might end up with a lot of cotton shards settling to the bottom of your bottle.

Atomizers, decanting, cottom swabs - This all sounds pretty complicated - don't you just dump some in your palm and then slap it on your face?

Bob

Atomizers, decanting, cottom swabs - This all sounds pretty complicated - don't you just dump some in your palm and then slap it on your face?
Bob

This is what I do. If it spills, I just wipe the counter with my hand and slather it on my face. :lol:

+1 - that's exactly my technique. I DID decant my Booster's into smaller flip top bottles, as they are a bit too big for my bathroom. I waste almost no AV when I use it like described above.

Barry

Top Bottom