RV Shaving Shavemac 22mm bulb

Terrific 😎

A9752857-49EC-414D-88EC-2C84FCD0FF22.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
***Edited to extend this thread to High Efficiency Razors June and July 2022***

Time to pull out the bruisers, DE and SE. :cool:

Please join me with your DE and SE razors for "High Efficiency Razors June and July 2022". :thumbup:

Your Timeless Bronze .78 OC, High Gap Wolfman, Charcoal Goods Level 3, Ikon TEK, GEM MMOC, Fatip v1, etc. razors are calling your name. :)

Cry havoc, and let loose your high efficiency razors! :cool:
***Edited to extend this thread to High Efficiency Razors June and July 2022***

Thank you all for the positive feedback! :)

Efficient razor aficionados,

How are your faces doing? ;)

Shall we extend High Efficiency June to High Efficiency June and July?

We went for it last year. ;) :)
Would this also call for additional high efficiency razors? 😉 because I do think I can take my efficiency up some levels.

But love to continue this path and seeing all your wonderful stories and pictures!

Cheers,

Guido

Ps I hope the other Guido @JAHE is well again?!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Would this also call for additional high efficiency razors? 😉 because I do think I can take my efficiency up some levels.

But love to continue this path and seeing all your wonderful stories and pictures!

Cheers,

Guido

Ps I hope the other Guido @JAHE is well again?!
Just extending the time to include July. :)

I'll be going deeper into my den of high efficiency razors. If you have additional high efficiency razors, we'd love to see them. :)

Some of you know I stumbled upon bakelite vintage razors during my queest for aggressive razors. So many of them delivered ultra close shaves that they lured me in their rabbit hole.
One of the bakelite that are favoured by collectors is the English interbellum Souplex Double Six.
It offers two sides: one efficient, the other very aggressive. I love this little razor. It leaves my chin and scalp bald as can be, in my opinion, that is. Do not underestimate these simple relics, they stand their ground better than one might think. Try one if the opportunity presents itself.

47D81800-14C0-46B1-84DF-F175B808DF0F.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Another great shave with my Claymore Evo today.... I was not feeling all that great this past week... passing a kidney stone or two... common occurrence for me. I hadn't shaved since a week ago yesterday.. so 8 days growth. I was looking like I needed a shopping cart to push around.

Still managed a DCS with two passes and a touch-up on the chin area. Since I finally got a good handle on the way my neck whiskers are growing, no more stubble there which is nice.

Second use of my new-to-me SV Bog Oak handle badger brush. Thank you again, Sgt. Crppls. I'm liking this brush quite a bit.
Acca Kappa Barbershop and my normal stuff.

Another great shave with my Claymore Evo today.... I was not feeling all that great this past week... passing a kidney stone or two... common occurrence for me. I hadn't shaved since a week ago yesterday.. so 8 days growth. I was looking like I needed a shopping cart to push around.

Still managed a DCS with two passes and a touch-up on the chin area. Since I finally got a good handle on the way my neck whiskers are growing, no more stubble there which is nice.

Second use of my new-to-me SV Bog Oak handle badger brush. Thank you again, Sgt. Crppls. I'm liking this brush quite a bit.
Acca Kappa Barbershop and my normal stuff.
You are quite welcome, very glad you are enjoying it, it is an incredible knot.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Glad to read you’re feeling better now, @Phoenixkh . Would normally have clicked the like or love button after reading your razor restored your preferred, stately appearance if I could find a way for it to not look as though it meant “Kim’s kidneys were crammed with crystals, yessah!”
I know the feeling...... When you are concerned about someone or they post a bad experience.. a "like" doesn't seem appropriate. ;)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency June and July 2022
20220622_190135~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird
Blade: Feather (3 and retired)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Formula T Tobacco
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray
20220622_190217~2.jpg

Superb Top Tier Shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11818333

High Efficiency June -- Yuma, Act II

Razor: Yuma
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Cities from Space
Blade: Nacet
Soap: B&M Nordost
A/S: Captain's Choice Lime

Tonight's shave revealed two unsurprising discoveries. First, the Yuma, like most any razor, performs much better with a sharper blade. Second, the Usta lacks sharpness. Both face and dome required significant touch ups after two passes, particularly in notoriously stubborn areas. Nevertheless, the Yuma did not irritate the skin, and I achieved a far smoother shave than last night using the Usta blade. The Yuma has not earned the rank of "high efficiency," but it is a basic inexpensive blade holder that provides a smooth comfortable shave.

IMG_20220623_200545653.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
High Efficiency June

Tonight’s shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Shark Super Stainless (1)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky

New blade. Used the edge at the top of the text (in hopes I can remember to keep using the same edge next time). Started shallow, but decided steep with a fresh blade would be quicker and closer and it was. Used a little more water than the little bit of soap I swirled could use and it was still pretty good.

Top Bottom