What's new

June 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in, it seems, despite a surprise Father’s Day gift? Traveling to see family in California, Oregon, and British Columbia… could not have asked for better gear! Happy shaves!

AED064F4-2321-490C-AD38-AA86A0F173F0.jpeg

• 20/30 days in GRUME June (66.67% completed and still in! Two thirds gentleman and we are going strong!)
  • 19/30 days High Efficiency Razors in June
  • 170/171 days of 365 days of shaving (99.4%)
  • Steep Angle Shaving Alliance (SASA)
Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:Fatip Piccolo Gentile followed by Open Comb
Blade:Tiger Platinum (1)
Brush:Omega Super Badger 632
Cream:Proraso Green
Bowl:Proraso Green
Passes:
WXTG (2) / ATG (2)
Slanted on the neck
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Rating:8.0/10 BBS-

Notes to today's shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11813761

Have a Great day everyone

I’m out. Looked at the price of purchasing more blades and found prices jumped almost $10 per 100. Found one place that still had packs for almost normal price and bought them. Only bought the one pack I needed but purchased none the less.

1.c. Members should have the necessary supplies to last the duration of the Restraint, but this is a Restraint, not a Sabbatical. If something breaks or runs out and you have no suitable or usable replacement, it can be replaced

Its your call, but, as stated in rule 1c, if you needed that pack of blades to keep you going until the 1st July than it is not against the rules.

SOTD #20

Back to normalcy, whatever that may be :adoration:

This morning got hot pretty quickly, which I think may have had an effect on lather today - I have a good sized window in my Master Bath that I like to keep open while shaving.
Made a small adjustment to using a wetter than normal razor at the end of my passes. Today's was a very comfortable and easy shave. May need to look into picking up a SLOC head this coming restock day.

• No Pre-Shave
  • Floris No. 89 (SOTM)
  • Semogue Torga C3 Mistura
  • Mühle R89
  • Polsilver SI (14)
  • Thayer's Astringent
  • B&M Nordost Splash
  • No Post-Shave balm
EAFCA06D-8A52-487E-8386-AF142DFF38FC.jpeg

Top Bottom