What's new

"Assured for Men" $1.25 DE

Ad Astra

The Instigator
After an unexpected good experience with the "b-pure" shave soap from the dollar store, dropped another $1.25 on the Assured for Men DE razor. 😼 Hey, it came with five blades, too.

IMG_20220619_101755162_kindlephoto-169066567.jpg

Now, others have posted on their similar priced TTO, but this is a Gillette Tech clone - perhaps.

IMG_20220619_101844564_kindlephoto-169106906.jpg

Apparently zamak, but so (can be) the Gillette. (The TTO I would not even try. Doors look ready to fall off. But a Tech clone has few parts. Anyways...)

As with NASA, I'm testing components first. The blades are completely unmarked... Not necessarily a good sign. Have used some just-OK Chinese blades before.

IMG_20220619_101928850_kindlephoto-170016305.jpg

IMG_20220619_102000613_kindlephoto-169913994.jpg

So I loaded this janky blade into my Timeless Slim. Cannot have two test factors going at once... 🤔 Loss of face could result.

After I loaded it, took a phone call - forgot I'd loaded it with a test blade - and started to shave. 😉

Ah. Shhhhkkk. What? Instantly I was reminded this wasn't my usual Wilkinson or Dorco Prime. With greater caution, I proceeded.

These no-name Chicom blades can actually work. Duller, a bit tuggy but not painful. About like other really low end blades. How many shaves per blade remains to be seen. I get six per Dorco and 6-10 to the Wilkinson. Anyways.

On to the razor... Tomorrow.

AA

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
They gave it a great name, I just need to finish the title...

Assured Your Going To Get A Weeper

Another dollar store tech clone ha? Ya, I would never trust a single one of those razors, I am just glad that we have folks like you, who are willing to test them out for us. :devil: And when you spoke of the doors already wanting to come off, I am like, yep, figures lol!

The plating will wear off extremely fast I can also assure you that. And I wouldn't put any trust into those blades either. I am surprised you didn't completely cut your face up with it. You said the Chicorn blade gave you some slight tugging? Interesting, cause I got name brand blades that have given me tons of tugging in quality razors lol.

At least the finish on this dollar razor, is looking better then the previous one I saw on B&B! I know you remember the previous post that was made on another dollar store razor, and the pitting and left over burrs I saw on a brand new razor, was quite horrifying indeed! I pray you be very careful with this razor please, I don't want to hear you turned yourself into Frankenstein's monster. lol

Ad Astra

The Instigator
They're great razors. I wouldn't bother with the included blades, but the razor itself is extremely efficient.

Thanks! 🤣 Dang it, I did search first, but used "Assured for Men"!

They've grouped the four products, and the soap seems new, so. The rubber face scrubber seems worthless, and I wouldn't even waste a buck on the associated brush - bit of broom handle and unidentified animal bristle.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
They gave it a great name, I just need to finish the title...

Assured Your Going To Get A Weeper

Another dollar store tech clone ha? Ya, I would never trust a single one of those razors, I am just glad that we have folks like you, who are willing to test them out for us. :devil: And when you spoke of the doors already wanting to come off, I am like, yep, figures lol!

The plating will wear off extremely fast I can also assure you that. And I wouldn't put any trust into those blades either. I am surprised you didn't completely cut your face up with it. You said the Chicorn blade gave you some slight tugging? Interesting, cause I got name brand blades that have given me tons of tugging in quality razors lol.

At least the finish on this dollar razor, is looking better then the previous one I saw on B&B! I know you remember the previous post that was made on another dollar store razor, and the pitting and left over burrs I saw on a brand new razor, was quite horrifying indeed! I pray you be very careful with this razor please, I don't want to hear you turned yourself into Frankenstein's monster. lol

Assured laughs! The TTO, never - no how, no way!

AA

Thanks! 🤣 Dang it, I did search first, but used "Assured for Men"!

They've grouped the four products, and the soap seems new, so. The rubber face scrubber seems worthless, and I wouldn't even waste a buck on the associated brush - bit of broom handle and unidentified animal bristle.

AA

I thought about using the face scrubber as a lather agitator in a bowl. It has a suction cup on the back, but it still might work in an actual bowl - maybe a cheap, narrow and deep bowl in Dollar Tree?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I thought about using the face scrubber as a lather agitator in a bowl. It has a suction cup on the back, but it still might work in an actual bowl - maybe a cheap, narrow and deep bowl in Dollar Tree?
No doubt they have. Walmart's $1 salsa bowl is another go-to.

🤔 So far, the soap is the only worthwhile item. But in a pinch - traveling or whatever - this might work.

Yikes, now I gotta try the razor and see ...

AA

My only recommendation: use light pressure. The razor is actually very good, but extremely efficient, and has a good bit of blade feel. If you stay light on the pressure, I think you'll be surprised at how good the shave is.

I posted a PIF to give away one of these fine razors. C'mon over and sign up!

I posted on this razor. It is the Assured 3-piece. It used to cost $1. It comes with 5 blades, which are EXCELLENT!! The razor is well made but is way TOO AGGRESSIVE. It requires extraordinary care to use safely, too much care in my opinion. I retired it from my rotation.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I posted on this razor. It is the Assured 3-piece. It used to cost $1. It comes with 5 blades, which are EXCELLENT!! The razor is well made but is way TOO AGGRESSIVE. It requires extraordinary care to use safely, too much care in my opinion. I retired it from my rotation.

This is a razor that will cut you. :straight:

I put a new Dorco Prime in this "Assured Destruction" razor and took it for a spin. Yikes!

Between the poor / nonexistent blade clamp, and the considerable blade exposure, you get a dangerous, wobbly edge shave.

The massive blade feel of a Gillette OLD, combined with the just wobbly poor clamp sets the stage for a really good cut. Of your skin, not the whiskers. Gingerly, I used the thing and recalled what I thought about the also-crappy blades: this might work in Asia if you have fine, hairlike, wispy facial growth. But a lumberjack or viking type with wire bristles is going to, well, fail painfully with this one. IMO.

That blade rattles. Now it might be saved with a different topcap. I once paired a tuggy R41 with a different topcap and got two better razors for it.

I am so glad I didn't use the blade and razor as they come together - a double date with disaster - again, IMO. Individually, they're just not good. Ironically, I did get a good shave, but it was like flying a plane that has something wrong with it. Not exactly relaxing.

Even worse, this is no beginner's setup. If you don't know how to DE shave - well - you're going to get bit.

Yeah, the heck with this. I'll use the blade again as a goof, but.

Oh! I do like the handle. Reminds me of Gillette Slim Twist, I think.

At any rate, the b-pure soap is good. So be it.

AA

After an unexpected good experience with the "b-pure" shave soap from the dollar store, dropped another $1.25 on the Assured for Men DE razor. 😼 Hey, it came with five blades, too.

View attachment 1474925

Now, others have posted on their similar priced TTO, but this is a Gillette Tech clone - perhaps.

View attachment 1474928

Apparently zamak, but so (can be) the Gillette. (The TTO I would not even try. Doors look ready to fall off. But a Tech clone has few parts. Anyways...)

As with NASA, I'm testing components first. The blades are completely unmarked... Not necessarily a good sign. Have used some just-OK Chinese blades before.

View attachment 1474935

View attachment 1474936

So I loaded this janky blade into my Timeless Slim. Cannot have two test factors going at once... 🤔 Loss of face could result.

After I loaded it, took a phone call - forgot I'd loaded it with a test blade - and started to shave. 😉

Ah. Shhhhkkk. What? Instantly I was reminded this wasn't my usual Wilkinson or Dorco Prime. With greater caution, I proceeded.

These no-name Chicom blades can actually work. Duller, a bit tuggy but not painful. About like other really low end blades. How many shaves per blade remains to be seen. I get six per Dorco and 6-10 to the Wilkinson. Anyways.

On to the razor... Tomorrow.

AA
I posted about this same razor when it first came out... Most were comparing the Actual razor to the .....
gillette_7_o_clock_sterling_razor_0.jpg

The razor Is about the same. The blades are Not....

No doubt they have. Walmart's $1 salsa bowl is another go-to.

🤔 So far, the soap is the only worthwhile item. But in a pinch - traveling or whatever - this might work.

Yikes, now I gotta try the razor and see ...

AA
When I first posted about this razor I mentioned that if someone needed a handle for a razor then it was a Very inexpensive way to go and also the top cap could be used for a razor with a faulty top cap. Dollar tree also has these....
pet bowl.jpg

So now someone could get one of these razors , the B-pure soap and a bowl and the only thing they would need from elsewhere is a decent brush and blades....

Top Bottom