What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Wm. Greaves & Sons, believed to be from the mid 1800s
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap
Refurbished Ever-Ready brush
Using a razor this old makes me feel I am doing my bit to recycle.

PXL_20220619_143446341.jpg

Razor is a Jatco 302 which is my most dangerous razor by far. The point is unmuted so I only use it when I want to liven things up a bit. The difference between a shave and a filleting is small so I've only ever used it twice but it gives a very close shave.
This actually came with a Wade & Butcher 1" in a double box which was highly unusual.
Shave - 8/10
Excitement - 10/10
PXL_20220619_165921489.jpg

Sunday, June 19th 2022
Just before the great heat started:
  • Preshave: Hot Shower, some Baby-Oil and Proraso greem PS
  • Razor: Ralf Aust, 6/8" round point, after 14 rounds of stropping, three passes (WTG-XTG-ATG) and some corrections
  • Shaving Soap: Mühle aloe vera
  • Brush: Wilkinson Sword
  • Bowl: the small one from Mühle
  • AS: Extró Violetta AS
  • ASB: Nivea Men Sensitive ASB
  • Frag: Calvin Klein Obsession for Men.
The Aust, which was my very first real SR, behaved as last time. A little tremor in the left hand caused no cuts. I hope I can maintain the sharp edge as long as possible. In the background you can see a Grey Slate, which is considered to be a fine and cheap finisher. It was my 16th shave with a straight today.
Smooth and close shave; 9,9/10.

IMG_0199.jpg

Last minute Father's Day shave. LOTH informed me earlier that there wasn't time for one of my 'two hours shaves', so I snuck in a 20 minute shave just before midnight.

Wacker 'Sunday' from the 7 day set
vintage Red Imp strop
Tabac and an unbranded German boar
witch hazel and homebrew Texas 10X AS (vodka sample, a boatload of menthol crystals plus a mint leaf in the bottle for scent and color)

EECE399E-3A9B-41BE-A864-3CE183BDD626.jpeg
Th..th..th..that's all, folks.

Monday, June 20th 2022
Today with the next SR in my small collection (#17):
  • Preshave: Hot Shower, some Baby-Oil and Proraso green PS
  • Razor: NOS Fritz Bracht Dovo 78 1/2, 11/16", round point, after 14 rounds of stropping, three passes (WTG-XTG-ATG) and some corrections
  • Shaving Cream: D.R. Harris Windsor SC
  • Brush: TOBS Big Badger
  • Bowl: the black one from Mühle
  • AS: D.R. Harris Windsor AS
  • ASB: Nivea Men Sensitive ASB
  • Frag: D.R. Harris Windsor EdT.
This ex NOS Fritz Bracht changed his brilliant sharpness from the beginning to a more sharp smoothness, which can very much be compared to the Ralf Aust I used yesterday. After three regular passes, I did some corrections to optain a DE-like closeness all over my face. No nicks, lots of fun and a great skin feeling again. Used both hands equally where possible. To celebrate the 70th anniversary of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II., I used some Windsor software.
Nice and close shave; 9,9/10.

IMG_0203.jpg

Top Bottom