What's new

Does anyone here shave outside their bathroom?

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Great set up, hope it works out as you continue to refine things. Is it a why didnt I do this sooner moment? A nice pitcher and basin would be a fine addition. I’ve seen them at some local thrift shops reasonably priced. Always liked the look of them but don’t have a use for one myself.

Not anymore.

But, years ago we had a little cottage on a lake in Michigan. On Saturday mornings before the lake got busy I would take my mirror and my shave gear down to the pontoon boat and set up at the marine sink located aft. I could shave in peaceful bliss to the gentle wave motion.

Many a morning fisherman would drift over just to watch me shave with my straight razor while I watched the lake wake up and come to life. Surprisingly enough, I never did cut myself once while shaving on the water.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Camping is when I would shave by our tent trailer on the picnic table over looking the lake or in wooded areas all over Western Canada for many years. Some times in the community campground bathrooms if they where clean. Lots of different memories.

Great set up, hope it works out as you continue to refine things. Is it a why didnt I do this sooner moment? A nice pitcher and basin would be a fine addition. I’ve seen them at some local thrift shops reasonably priced. Always liked the look of them but don’t have a use for one myself.
It is absolutely a why didn’t I think of this sooner moment. I’ve been looking into getting a nice pitcher and basin, but my other thought was to stick with the stainless and set it in the top.

42FAE439-3F4F-41D0-BF32-8F217E745AAC.jpeg

Second shave in the remote shaving den today. It’s 65 and breezy and with the windows open, man, what a delight. I’m liking this change up.

Glad it works for ya! Certainly would not work for me. I need an area with a floor drain to squeegee all the water after I'm done shaving.

So after some deliberation, I opted to get a pitcher that matched my existing bowl.

View attachment 1478772

I do something similar when camping. I like to use two bowls. One for fresh water and one for rinsing the razor, etc. The fresh water can be used for rinsing the face as well as cleaning the brush after shaving, etc. Sometimes I also use a separate mug for soaking the brush.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I always shave in my bathroom. For me, I look at my shaving routine as private time. When I am behind that door, don't bother me lol. I couldn't fathom being forced to shave elsewhere, where other members of the family can bother you for every little thing. You have to be able to have a moment to yourself.

I can also already imagine a horror story in the making. Your out there shaving, kids are running all around the house, they bump into you, and now you've sliced your face open and require emergency care & stitches. Nope, not for me thank you, my recommendation for all families out there, shave in your shave den. lol

With all the loudness going on in the world, its nice just to have a moment to yourself, in the peace and quiet, (family depending of course) where you can get your shave on, and not have to think about anything else for awhile.

I don’t think that a person with a family would remain in that family very long if they banished the family from the bathroom for an hour each day and renamed it a “shave den”.
The kids aren’t running around the house, they’re trying to have a turn in the bathroom.
If you live alone, or have the luxury of an extra bathroom to call your own, of course you can treat it as a luxurious personal space. Most people don’t have that luxury.

Whoa y’all not trying to get into a bathroom politics discussion. I just like shaving by my window. And I have no kids, so safe on that front.

Right now I utilize the master bath, but I have considered rigging something up to allow me to do SR shaves outside on the back deck of the house in the morning. The downside is that then I'd have to start dressing appropriately for the occasion; okay, dressing period.

Top Bottom