What's new

Caisson DE blades

Recently Caisson Shaving has released their own branded razor blades. Currently priced at $2.50 for 5 or $15.00 for 100.Previously they were selling Dorco Prime Platinum blades at the same price point.
They come double wrapped with no glue spots, no printing on the blades. Also no information on the country of origin, trying to find that bit out.
Tonight's shave will be my first with them so more info to come.
Screenshot_20220616-130445.png
PXL_20220616_150835752.jpg
PXL_20220616_150846692.jpg
PXL_20220616_164935245.jpg
PXL_20220616_165216744.jpg
PXL_20220616_165253204.jpg
PXL_20220616_165320831.jpg

Recently Caisson Shaving has released their own branded razor blades. Currently priced at $2.50 for 5 or $15.00 for 100.Previously they were selling Dorco Prime Platinum blades at the same price point.
They come double wrapped with no glue spots, no printing on the blades. Also no information on the country of origin, trying to find that bit out.
Tonight's shave will be my first with them so more info to come.View attachment 1473280View attachment 1473281View attachment 1473282View attachment 1473283View attachment 1473284View attachment 1473285View attachment 1473286
Interesting that there are no markings on the blade. Then again, Kai blades have no markings either if I recall correctly. The uneven blotchy look to those blades kinda scares me though. I can’t wait to hear your shave report.

If I had to guess, I would say that they were made either in India or Bangladesh. Chinese, Russian, and Japanese blades tend to be less scuffed.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
They don’t look that impressive. When I read ad copy like this I’m automatically suspicious. “Two years of testing” really? How do you “design” de blades that have been manufactured for decades. Interested in your review post use.

Im a bit behind with the first shave info on this thread... But I did post it under the What did you use today thread... Anyhow. The first shave was on 6/16.
I've messaged Travis to see if he'll at least give me what country they are made in if not who he is getting them through. Talking with him last year he has said that he had hoped to have a total line of Caisson branded blades, brushes, a razor or two as well as the soaps. But as he also put it learning about becoming a vendor has not been a quick or easy process.

While I do own the adjustable razor that Caisson markets, which is a Merkur Futur clone, I felt that to give their new blade a fair test I should use one of my original starting razors to allow for a stable platform, therefore I chose the 34C.

Day 1 with this blade... 2 passes, WRG and XTG. No nicks, no tugging and very smooth overall. I gave myself a DFS with no weepers or razor burn spots found by the alum block... I dare say I should have gone for a ATG pass with those results.

:em2300:Update -- The blades are from Hong Kong.

Also since I'm not one to not help increase knowledge... And I ordered a box of 100 blades which means 20 packs of 5.. well whaddya know I can do math 😅... I'm sending one 5 pack to @FarmerTan ,so that leaves 18 packs, if there is anyone else who would like to help review these message me and I'll ship them out...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

Also since I'm not one to not help increase knowledge... And I ordered a box of 100 blades which means 20 packs of 5.. well whaddya know I can do math 😅... I'm sending one 5 pack to @FarmerTan ,so that leaves 18 packs, if there is anyone else who would like to help review these message me and I'll ship them out...
You keep this up and you will be as good of a gentleman as @Marco ! Thank you my friend.

Shave number 2 with the blade, flipped.
Using the Caisson synthetic brush, Caisson Code 4 soap, and the Merkur 34C.

Today, after the results of the last time, I decided to do a 3 pass shave. WTG, XTG and ATG. I was pleased at having a DFS by the second, I took a deep breath and went for pass 3. I dare say that I'm pretty close to a BBS. Minimal irritation noted with the Alum block.

So far after 2 times with this blade I'm pretty happy with the results.

I have been following along, but am a bit late to respond. I suspected those were made in somewhere in CN even tho the tuck isn't familiar. It looks a bit like they are made by Cloud which would be a good thing indeed! I may have acquire a tuck, it's kind of my thing(obscure and vintage blades)...

Top Bottom