What's new

Timeless Bronze or Karve CB Brass (Which should I buy)?

Well folks, I caved (After I said that I wouldn't buy any new razors for a couple of months!)
I couldn't say no to the Clearance deal that WCS had today on the Karve CB Brass. Not only did I get the clearance price but I also added a 10% off coupon that brought the grand total to the crazy low price of $57 delivered!😲
I ordered it with the 3.5" handle and the "D" plate!
This will be my first Karve razor.
I'm looking forward to it!

KR.jpg

Just received my new razors today and unboxed them!
I'll be using them between tomorrow & Monday.
Here is the Karve
Beautiful construction is all I can say for now.
It's more stunning in person than in pictures.
We'll see how it shaves!
Christopher Bradley brass, 3.5" handle, D plate .98!
For those interested, I also received today my Made in the USA $45 SCS razor. I've posted some pictures of that one
Here:

Post in thread 'I just ordered a "Made in the USA" SCS-Model A Razor!' I just ordered a "Made in the USA" SCS-Model A Razor! - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/i-just-ordered-a-made-in-the-usa-scs-model-a-razor.625446/post-11803870

Here are some pictures of the Karve:

PXL_20220612_025344008.jpg
PXL_20220612_025405366.jpg
PXL_20220612_025414789.jpg
PXL_20220612_025442947.jpg
PXL_20220612_025426488.jpg
PXL_20220612_025435905.jpg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

Hey look, this box actually has a branding sticker on it. I got to be honest, when I read Christopher Bradly, I immediately think, ooooo, this is fancy! I like the way they do the Karve logo, with the sweeping pitch forks or whatever they are, it feels somewhat elegant to me.

Well isn't that nice of them, as well as the typical cards and or manual you get with new razors, they also sent you a sticker, and they even wrote a personal note to you, isn't that nice! Now you get to go on a sticker adventure, oh where oh where, am I gonna place this sticker? HEHE 😝

Oh my gosh, the presentation of this razor in box, is just nothing short of lovely! The position of the empty slots, in correlation to the slot where the razor sits, it really is eye catching, excellent presentation if I do say so myself. The razor is gorgeous, I think I feel a heart beat. 😍

Ohhhhh, most certainly I have hearts for this razor indeed. Just look at it, it demands your attention, and you shall give it! I like that slim head on it, it actually looks like it would make it easier to get the under the nose hairs in the moostash area. Looks like they were going for divits instead of scallops for the base plate, interesting approach, its got its own unique style to it!

And just look at that handle! Ohhhhh, I have no doubt whatsoever, that this razor handle, is going to provide you a better quality grip, over your SCS razor. And look at the head of the razor on the end like that, this has a very unique style to it, that I really do like! And if you don't mind me saying, the style that it makes me think of, is the 1930's.

Lets be honest here, when you see the architecture of buildings, even old power plants that were made back in the 1930's, you will see fascinating designs. IMO, I think we've lost a true sense of architectural design and art deco, in favor of modern box shaped designs with ugly drop ceilings, all in the name of easier heating and cooling.

Your razor makes me think of the old days, and I think that is a lovely thing. Remember the 1957 Chevy? Cars also used to have styling like that as well back in the day. And they too, have changed, made to look ugly, all to improve drag co-effecients. I've seen the latest BMW car, and it looks ugly as heck, but I am sure it gets great gas millage.

Again, I think humanity has lost a bit of itself in these modern times. But your razor, it has not lost anything, its tapping into the past in a very good way. This razor, out of the two you recently purchased, is without a doubt, my favorite. I am giving you 5 out of 5 hearts for this one.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I pray that you will truly love this razor 😍

Congratulations again and another beautiful razor you really have RAD big time 😆. I've heard nothing but praise for this razor but still looking forward to your review it.
It wasn't in my plans after I had ordered the SCS. But at $57, I couldn't say no. I saved over $40 for a razor that was on my list of eventual buys. And WCS offered it in the exact configuration that I wanted. So yeah, I guess it would be considered RAD regardless, LOL!!
I think I'm gonna take a buying break for a while. I've got enough razors now to keep me busy for a while. Next is gonna be a Blackland Tradere SB but they won't be available till Summer (probably a good thing)!!
That will give me the break I need!

Last edited:

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
It wasn't in my plans after I had ordered the SCS. But at $57, I couldn't say no. I saved over $40 for a razor that was on my list of eventual buys. And WCS offered it in the exact configuration that I wanted. So yeah, I guess it would be considered RAD regardless, LOL!!
The first way to know you have RAD is the denial 😆 and that was a brilliant deal.on the razor your right there's no way you could turn that down.

Question: are you going to let patina develop or no?
Probably not! I personally don't like the Patina look. My other hobby is drums and I have some snare drums in Bronze and Brass and some uncoated cymbals that will develop patina if not polished. I usually polish them with Flitz polish as soon as I see them starting to change. I most likely will do the same with the Karve.

I think I'm gonna take a buying break for a while. I've got enough razors now to keep me busy for a while. Next is gonna be a Blackland Tradere SB but they won't be available till Summer (probably a good thing)!!
That will give me the break I need!
It's all your fault!!! :biggrin:
I saw this thread this morning and checked out West Coast Shaving and ordered the exact same razor! They had the exact configuration that I wanted. I had been checking out the same razor at another vendor's site for a few days, but it wasn't on sale. WSC had exactly what I wanted at a much better price. I, too, got the same sale price, with an additional 10% off.
But the amazing thing is I GOT THE VERY LAST ONE!!!! I love getting a good deal!
Anyway, thanks for the heads up on the Karve CB razor!!

Last edited:
It's all your fault!!! :biggrin:
I saw this thread this morning and checked out West Coast Shaving and ordered the exact same razor! They had the exact configuration that I wanted. I had been checking out the same razor at another vendor's site for a few days, but it wasn't on sale. WSC had exactly what I wanted at a much better price. I, too, got the same sale price, with an additional 10% off.
But the amazing thing is I GOT THE VERY LAST ONE!!!! I love getting a good deal!
Anyway, thanks for the heads up on the Karve CB razor!!
Good deal! Glad I was able to enable help you!
Which configuration did you pick?

Reactions: Kix
Probably not! I personally don't like the Patina look. My other hobby is drums and I have some snare drums in Bronze and Brass and some uncoated cymbals that will develop patina if not polished. I usually polish them with Flitz polish as soon as I see them starting to change. I most likely will do the same with the Karve.
I'm a fellow drummer too....nice to know of another here. Been playing for 43 years or so.

Top Bottom