What's new

Titleist Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Member Interviews - Meet Member Titleist

137722.jpg

@Titleist has been a member of B&B since Jan 01, 2022

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I'm actually a re-tread who stepped away from Straight Razors and went back to DE's after being a member under another forum user name. I lost my sign in credentials and never came back until January of this year after beginning to take up honing once again. I believe that I started following B&B under that other forum name in the Summer of 2013. I originally found B&B after acquiring my first straight razor from Lynn Abrams of Straight Razor Designs and I needed help and direction on how to wet shave with a DE and a straight.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I was in the Navy for 10 years as a welder and a pipe-fitter. I then went on to serve in Federal Law Enforcement for 23 years and then spent a few years as a Sheriff's Deputy. So, not quite a "triple dipper" but I'm retired full time at a very young age. Some say I'll outlive my money, but I won't outlive my wife's money!

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

Sunny Florida! Although I do miss playing golf in the autumn months during the color changes in Michigan.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

The Republic of San Marino

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

Aside from Straight Razor shaving and honing, I enjoy my small collection of pipes. I also have hoarded, ahem I mean collected some now difficult to find pipe tobacco for the upcoming end of the world as we know it. I am also an avid golfer. I live on the golf course right off of the 17th green and play 3 to 5 times a week. If I'm not playing golf, I'm watching golf or reading about golf. Did I mention that I like golf?

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

Well, I originally had just a golf ball for an avatar. But today I was thinking about one of my favorite movie stars and singers who also likes golf and pipes. And so, I chose Bing Crosby swinging his golf club while enjoying a pipe. If only he had gone for the trifecta with a face full of lather too!

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

My Paternal Grandfather. I knew him only for a short time as a little boy but, I adored that Man and have pictures of him. He was a quiet Man, a hard working family Man and I want to sit down with him and tell him that he means a great deal to me and that I still think about him often.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

I would like to visit Jerusalem and walk the Via Dolorosa in the footsteps of Jesus.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

I am a high school drop out with no formal education past the 12th grade. And yet, I worked hard, earned my way, raised a family and have lived a good life.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Something that I just cannot seem to do myself all the time. And that would be to "Speak less, listen more".

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

The power to heal another person's sadness and heartache.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

A Labrador Retriever. Because then I would know what it would be like to be "truly human".

13. What kind of music do you like?

Classical, in particular Dvorak. I once played the French Horn in earlier days (Surprised?), Older Country (George Jones) and Classic Rock (Led Zepplin).

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Sean Thornton (played by John Wayne) in "The Quiet Man"

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

"He told it like it was"

Hats off to you for giving the Deputy thing a go. They can be some of the most under appreciated folks in the law enforcement family. Early retirement can be a blessing and a curse at the same time. Enjoy your time on the greens.

Very fun interview. Enjoyed every word.

I never tried the French Horn, because I knew I couldn't purse my lips that small and spray. I tried the trumpet, and it turned out I couldn't do that either. So I went with the saxophone. I dislike the sound of the tenor saxophone even when competently played, but I did not know that then. What I did know is that no one could possibly like the sound I got out of the thing. Including me.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Very fun interview. Enjoyed every word.

I never tried the French Horn, because I knew I couldn't purse my lips that small and spray. I tried the trumpet, and it turned out I couldn't do that either. So I went with the saxophone. I dislike the sound of the tenor saxophone even when competently played, but I did not know that then. What I did know is that no one could possibly like the sound I got out of the thing. Including me.
I never was a musician; I played the drums, lol. The "instrument" they teach all ADHD boys!

We have much in common, at least on the surface, Sir @Titleist , you poor, poor soul....

Of note: I too hope to someday walk where Jesus physically walked. I can only imagine.

Last edited:
Member Interviews - Meet Member Titleist

View attachment 1471106

@Titleist has been a member of B&B since Jan 01, 2022

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I'm actually a re-tread who stepped away from Straight Razors and went back to DE's after being a member under another forum user name. I lost my sign in credentials and never came back until January of this year after beginning to take up honing once again. I believe that I started following B&B under that other forum name in the Summer of 2013. I originally found B&B after acquiring my first straight razor from Lynn Abrams of Straight Razor Designs and I needed help and direction on how to wet shave with a DE and a straight.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I was in the Navy for 10 years as a welder and a pipe-fitter. I then went on to serve in Federal Law Enforcement for 23 years and then spent a few years as a Sheriff's Deputy. So, not quite a "triple dipper" but I'm retired full time at a very young age. Some say I'll outlive my money, but I won't outlive my wife's money!

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

Sunny Florida! Although I do miss playing golf in the autumn months during the color changes in Michigan.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

The Republic of San Marino

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

Aside from Straight Razor shaving and honing, I enjoy my small collection of pipes. I also have hoarded, ahem I mean collected some now difficult to find pipe tobacco for the upcoming end of the world as we know it. I am also an avid golfer. I live on the golf course right off of the 17th green and play 3 to 5 times a week. If I'm not playing golf, I'm watching golf or reading about golf. Did I mention that I like golf?

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

Well, I originally had just a golf ball for an avatar. But today I was thinking about one of my favorite movie stars and singers who also likes golf and pipes. And so, I chose Bing Crosby swinging his golf club while enjoying a pipe. If only he had gone for the trifecta with a face full of lather too!

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

My Paternal Grandfather. I knew him only for a short time as a little boy but, I adored that Man and have pictures of him. He was a quiet Man, a hard working family Man and I want to sit down with him and tell him that he means a great deal to me and that I still think about him often.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

I would like to visit Jerusalem and walk the Via Dolorosa in the footsteps of Jesus.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

I am a high school drop out with no formal education past the 12th grade. And yet, I worked hard, earned my way, raised a family and have lived a good life.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Something that I just cannot seem to do myself all the time. And that would be to "Speak less, listen more".

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

The power to heal another person's sadness and heartache.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

A Labrador Retriever. Because then I would know what it would be like to be "truly human".

13. What kind of music do you like?

Classical, in particular Dvorak. I once played the French Horn in earlier days (Surprised?), Older Country (George Jones) and Classic Rock (Led Zepplin).

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Sean Thornton (played by John Wayne) in "The Quiet Man"

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

"He told it like it was"
Thank you, gents.
What a nice, frisky interview.

I always envied the french horn. I played trombone and in symphony we usually played one or two notes in an entire work. On the other hand, the french horns had great parts (particularly Til Eulenspiegel).

Top Bottom