What's new

Please recommend some sharper DE blades other than Feathers

I just got a Henson mild razor, and I thought I might like to try some sharper blades in it. I have not particularly enjoyed Feather blades in the past, so I'm wondering what are some other sharper brands out there. Some people have mentioned Kai's, but I read something about them being wider, so I'm not sure it would work in a Henson razor.
By the way, generally speaking, I like the Henson razor a lot.
Thank you, help is appreciated.

Kai blades work in all razors. You should try them. I'm not sure personally if they are sharper than Feather however. There are a lot of comparisons out there on the web if you Google sharpest razor blades there is a lot of data. I think Sharpologist's website has an article too.

Gillette Nacet is sharp balde, for me it' better than Feather, lasts longer and it's smoother than Feather. They are my favourite blades so far.
Bic is also sharp, but I had plenty of problems with them, some blades are just so rough that they are not usable, even from same pack, they would scratch my face WTG, but if a blade is good, it's realy good. I call them Russian roulette blades.
Eddit: I use EJDE89

I just got a Henson mild razor, and I thought I might like to try some sharper blades in it. I have not particularly enjoyed Feather blades in the past, so I'm wondering what are some other sharper brands out there. Some people have mentioned Kai's, but I read something about them being wider, so I'm not sure it would work in a Henson razor.
By the way, generally speaking, I like the Henson razor a lot.
Thank you, help is appreciated.
I'm reposting this here since I posted in on another similar thread that you made!

I'm assuming that the Henson mild is really mild,
Because:
I've got the "Winning" razor which is essentially the same head design as the Henson but it's stainless steel and a tad more aggressive than the Henson medium. I find it super mild so your Henson must be mega mild!!
I beef it up by using a Bic Chrome platinum blade. I had the same dilemma as you with all my mild razors so they're the ones that I've been using for those razors. I have Feathers but sometimes they seem a little too harsh.
The Bic's are in between Feather & Astra green in sharpness!
But the Bic's are actually sharper than the Feathers after the second shave and continue staying smooth!
I'd give them a try!

These:

Bic.jpg

Top Bottom