What's new

Proraso Green

1654810356626.jpeg

In the first days of my wet shaving on April 6 or so, I asked around for an aftershave that didn't contain alcohol, as I had memories from my teens of the burn.

Turns out, I got some of this stuff and while alcohol is the first ingredient (I'm fairly certain...) it's tolerable.

I evolved to buying mostly balms, PdP No. 63, the Lather & Wood duo of Bay Rum and Sandalwood, and my last purchase/freebie thrown in by Jarrod of The Superior Shave, some Manufacktur Zartgefuehl. I find that the balms are just the thing for after a good shave, and make my skin feel like a million bucks.

Does anyone feel the opposite? Does anyone have balms that were inexpensive, but you find you don't use them any more? (the Proraso was $10 or so) and I no longer reach for it. FWIW, my bottle has probably a scant bit more in it, than does the one pictured. I'd call it full.

I've created a Trade thread in the BST forum for those who might be interested.

Thanks, all!

I bought some Stirling Balms (Sterling Spice and Sandalwood), they are fine as far as they go, but I find I rarely pick them up. I prefer an unscented balm/moisturiser. If I want a scent to persist after the shave, I'll then use a cologne/EdT. If I shave in the evening, I generally just use Speick Aftershave.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Sterling products. I should have mentioned, I don’t care if it’s half used $20 stuff, 80% gone $50 stuff, 2/3 gone $30 stiff or, you get the idea.
😀

Thanks for the reply, @silverlifter!

Stirling soaps and balms (I haven't tried their splashes) are very good quality, and the soaps are some of the best value on the market. I just realised, after some experimentation, that scented balms are effectively redundant for me. :)

I bought some Stirling Balms (Sterling Spice and Sandalwood), they are fine as far as they go, but I find I rarely pick them up. I prefer an unscented balm/moisturiser. If I want a scent to persist after the shave, I'll then use a cologne/EdT. If I shave in the evening, I generally just use Speick Aftershave.

Stirling has an unscented balm, it's exactly like their other after-shave balms but without any fragrance. I use it quite often.

Stirling has an unscented balm, it's exactly like their other after-shave balms but without any fragrance. I use it quite often.

I'm sure it is good; but on this side of the world there are some really good options available in the supermarket, like Sukin, that are understandably much more affordable.

I use both, depending on the season, etc. This does not have to be an either/or choice. I have a balm which contains alcohol and menthol. It is more of a "cream aftershave". I also have an aftershave splash that has no alcohol, and an unscented splash that has only a small amount of alcohol and some mild herbal extracts. Good stuff and not very expensive.

I only have two balms in my rotation, Nivea, and Duke Cannon. Nivea is good, but imo Duke Cannon is far better. I believe the rest of my rotation contain alcohol. It's all good! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom