What's new

Timeless Bronze or Karve CB Brass (Which should I buy)?

Luckily marriage shaves are not required often, LOL!! (For most)
Well, based on what you seem to like and the characteristics of the Outlander, it probably wouldn't be for me.
I like to feel the shave!
Sounds like a very autopilot shaver that does a great job for those that seek that kind of shave.
Regardless, thank you for the recommendation!
The Overlander is a great razor that I enjoy using but you’re not going to get much blade feel. It’s a great daily, easy to use razor. I don’t find it quite as efficient as the other razors you’re considering. It’s a solid performer nonetheless.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
So guys, I went ahead and did it, I ordered a Timeless Titanium razor
Screenshot from 2022-05-22 23-13-21.png

I am now officially a part of the Timeless club! 😎

@LRod

Please don't go with the Karve, you will make me cry man, go with the TT lol!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The Karve CB felt and looked very utilitarian to me. Like something that came out of the communist block in the 70’s. Furthermore, since I got in on the Karve very early in the game, the plates only went to E initially. I started at B and went up to E. As I went up in gap, the shave only got a little more efficient, but much more uncomfortable. So I eventually lost interest and sold the whole Karve setup.

The Timeless Bronze is a much cooler and aesthetically pleasing razor, despite its blocky design. And it works. I enjoyed it for a number of years. But the Stainless models shave me a bit better, so the Bronze got sold too.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I’m digging how the Karve CB open comb looks. Hopefully I can remember to bring it into the locker room tonight to shave with it.

View attachment 1462607View attachment 1462608

Guy walks in and says, "Yo slim, what ya doing?" And you say, "I am wet shaving with my Karve DE." Then guy says, "I never seen a razor like that before!" And then you say, "Oh good, let me tell you all about it." Suddenly you just converted another poor soul to the eternal existence of spiraling down the rabbit hole. Becoming one of us was his only defense. Even emperor Palpatene was impressed. 😝

Guy walks in and says, "Yo slim, what ya doing?" And you say, "I am wet shaving with my Karve DE." Then guy says, "I never seen a razor like that before!" And then you say, "Oh good, let me tell you all about it." Suddenly you just converted another poor soul to the eternal existence of spiraling down the rabbit hole. Becoming one of us was his only defense. Even emperor Palpatene was impressed. 😝
I get that in the locker room all the time. Even more so back when I used straight razors.

So guys, I went ahead and did it, I ordered a Timeless Titanium razor
View attachment 1460356
I am now officially a part of the Timeless club! 😎

@LRod

Please don't go with the Karve, you will make me cry man, go with the TT lol!
Forgive me if I am wrong, but you have been wet shaving for a couple of months and presumably have less than 100 shaves under your belt. What are you actually searching for in a razor?

I’m all for shiny new things but at the rate you’re going you’re going to have a dozen expensive razors within six months. 🙂
I get the whole rabbit hole thing but I am sensing a desire to somehow “keep up” and a feeling that there is some kind of status attached to some razors.

I notice that a couple of times you have said that the Rex Ambassador is a “much higher end item“ than a Pearl Flexi. Price wise it is more expensive, is made of stainless steel (but so what) and has had teething problems just like the Pearl. The Pearl is a beautifully machined razor and absolutely holds its own against the Rex, ”borrowed” style cues aside. Some people seem to respect it less due to its fantastic price. If it cost double it’s current price you could say that it’s a worthy competitor. Which is insane because for many it is every bit the equal of the Rex but people think that the Rex has more cachet because of its price.

What are you expecting your Timeless to provide that the Rex and Futur don’t, given your (enthusiastic) inexperience?

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Forgive me if I am wrong, but you have been wet shaving for a couple of months and presumably have less than 100 shaves under your belt. What are you actually searching for in a razor?

I’m all for shiny new things but at the rate you’re going you’re going to have a dozen expensive razors within six months. 🙂
I get the whole rabbit hole thing but I am sensing a desire to somehow “keep up” and a feeling that there is some kind of status attached to some razors.

I notice that a couple of times you have said that the Rex Ambassador is a “much higher end item“ than a Pearl Flexi. Price wise it is more expensive, is made of stainless steel (but so what) and has had teething problems just like the Pearl. The Pearl is a beautifully machined razor and absolutely holds its own against the Rex, ”borrowed” style cues aside. Some people seem to respect it less due to its fantastic price. If it cost double it’s current price you could say that it’s a worthy competitor. Which is insane because for many it is every bit the equal of the Rex but people think that the Rex has more cachet because of its price.

What are you expecting your Timeless to provide that the Rex and Futur don’t, given your (enthusiastic) inexperience?

Yes, I've been officially wet shaving for 3-months now, and its been quite the roller coaster. My first razor, a Feather AS-D2, I bought it for its quality, and for the fact that people said it was a mild razor, and easier for a beginner to learn on.

What I learned by using it, is that its incredibly inefficient! So ya, maybe I did learn wet shaving with it, but it took all day to shave with it, forced me to go over spots too many times, to get me to a BBS shave. So I gave up on it.

The next razor I got, was a Rex Ambassador. I really enjoy the 316L solid stainless steel quality. Its got some weight to it too, so no pressure is needed, just let it carry the the blade through the cut. Its a much more efficient razor, but its not a smooth cutting razor.

I then got into the Merkur Futur, mostly for the look of it, I wanted a Star Trek razor, can you blame me? It looks futuristic as heck, perfect razor for a treky! What I discovered however, is that its just as efficient as my Rex Ambassador, but its a smoother shaving razor over the Ambassador, and it costs less too!

Regarding the Timeless Titanium, tons of people have been posting about this razor with glorifying reviews. Just in this last month alone, there has been what 4 possibly 5 new threads on this razor? It let me know that something was going on. So I did some research...

I discovered a few things that intrigued me. First, its been reported as being the smoothest shaving razor ever, while also being efficient. People generally love titanium, cause it weighs less then steel, but a little more then aluminum, and lasts multiple lifetimes.

Then yes, I admit, when I saw the crown handle, I really fell in love with the razor as well. And I thought to myself, well crap, if its a smooth and efficient razor, and looks gorgeous doing it, whats not to like right? I also did some research into the small company that makes it, I really liked what I learned.

In the end, I was looking for a holy grail razor, that was ticking all the boxes, so I could consider it perfect. Cause none of my other razors are perfect, they all have their disadvantages. I honestly feel weird saying this, but I think I finally found my holy grail razor.

Just to prove how much confidence I had in this razor, I got it engraved, knowing, I would never sell it.

proxy.php

You watch, 50-years from now, these Timeless Titanium razors are going to become collectors items. And they will be so heavily sought after, that they will be going for 1000 dollars or more on a collectors market, just like all them vintage Gillette's you see sold on Ebay.

Its up to you, weather or not your going to get a Timeless Titanium. All I know is, I don't regret my purchase one bit! :thumbup1:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Karve.A-OC.CanadaSS.SV-Horn.640.JPG

6-2-22.Bronze38.CanadaSS.SV-HMW.640.JPG

I have both razors.

Also have the Bronze 78.

In the Karve I have several baseplates - A-OC, B-OC, D, F-OC, G - all of which are smooth. Of course, they become more smooth at the lower gaps. I have two handles - 3 inch and 3.25 inches - and prefer the shorter handle. Even more, I like my custom GTS handle on the razor.

6-7-22.KarveB.GTS.CanadaSS.SV.Horn.640JPG.JPG

Assuming you're interested in a daily driver I vote for the Karve.

Either would be a good choice I think, for a lot of people, but not necessarily for you. There's no way to be sure going into it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I have both razors.

Also have the Bronze 78.

In the Karve I have several baseplates - A-OC, B-OC, D, F-OC, G - all of which are smooth. Of course, they become more smooth at the lower gaps. I have two handles - 3 inch and 3.25 inches - and prefer the shorter handle. Even more, I like my custom GTS handle on the razor.

View attachment 1468785

Assuming you're interested in a daily driver I vote for the Karve.

Either would be a good choice I think, for a lot of people, but not necessarily for you. There's no way to be sure going into it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Nice!
My next 2 razor purchases in line include the Karve. I'm gonna skip the Timeless for now. When I get the Karve, I'm gonna get the Aluminum version. I like lighter razors as well so I think it's a bit of a unique item in their lineup.
But right now, it's time to "try to" give the wallet a break for razors. At least for a couple months!
The reality is that I've got plenty of new razors for now to keep me busy for a while. I need to dedicate some straight usage time to the ones I already have instead of spreading the usage (per razor). I don't know how successful I'll be but we'll see, Lol!!
Either way, whenever I end up getting the Karve, I'll post!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

But right now, it's time to "try to" give the wallet a break for razors. At least for a couple months!
The reality is that I've got plenty of new razors for now to keep me busy for a while.

Ohhhhh, but you want this don't you?

proxy.php

Take your Timeless, and your
journey to the polished side will
be complete. Ohhhhh, I'm afraid
your ability to resist, will not last
much longer, when the money
arrives. :)

Ohhhhh, but you want this don't you?

proxy.php

Take your Timeless, and your
journey to the polished side will
be complete. Ohhhhh, I'm afraid
your ability to resist, will not last
much longer, when the money
arrives. :)
Enjoy it bud!
It's pretty but it ain't for me!
I don't think I'll be on Timeless. That's why I bought an ATT Windsor. I'm grateful we have choices!
If I ever go for titanium, it's gonna probably be a Chiseled Face or Tatara Nodachi. And that's if I ever do! I'm quite content with Aluminum for my lighter weight razors and the heft of Stainless for my heavier razors. I also like having various items at different pricepoints.
(Case in point, I just bought the $45 Made in the USA razor that I posted about yesterday). Doing that brings me appreciation for whatever I own. I mentioned it before, this ain't my only hobby, I can afford those razors but I'm not in this or here on B&B to make an impression on anyone including myself, Lol!!

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Enjoy it bud!
It's pretty but it ain't for me!
I don't think I'll be on Timeless. That's why I bought an ATT Windsor. I'm grateful we have choices!
If I ever go for titanium, it's gonna probably be a Chiseled Face or Tatara Nodachi. And that's if I ever do. I'm quite content with Aluminum for my lighter weight razors and the heft of Stainless for my heavier razors. I mentioned it before, this ain't my only hobby, I can afford those razors but I'm not in this to make an impression on anyone including myself, Lol!!

Timeless also sells an aluminum razor too. ;)

Be careful with that Chisel, they are made to chisel wood, but if its sharp enough, you could shave with it, if your daring enough to do it, chisel thy face completely off. OOPS, too much! :devil:

And, if I could make an impression on myself, I would never have the need to date. 😝

Shaving is not my only hobby either, but its a fun one.

Timeless also sells an aluminum razor too. ;)

Be careful with that Chisel, they are made to chisel wood, but if its sharp enough, you could shave with it, if your daring enough to do it, chisel thy face completely off. OOPS, too much! :devil:

And, if I could make an impression on myself, I would never have the need to date. 😝

Shaving is not my only hobby either, but its a fun one.
I know they sell aluminum. I've seen everyone's offerings. Like I said, it's pretty but they aren't for me. The Timeless heads are too large for me.
Remember I sold the Futur & Variant because of that. The ATT head is slimmer and at .80, it works exactly where it has to for me. 2 weeks into the ATT and I could literally sell every razor I have and just keep the ATT and I'd be a happy camper. It works that well for me!

I know they sell aluminum. I've seen everyone's offerings. Like I said, it's pretty but they aren't for me. The Timeless heads are too large for me.
Remember I sold the Futur & Variant because of that. The ATT head is slimmer and at .80, it works exactly where it has to for me. 2 weeks into the ATT and I could literally sell every razor I have and just keep the ATT and I'd be a happy camper. It works that well for me!
Good man. Timeless works for many, and myself I've gone to it TWICE because I like the look of them and all but I never found myself getting quite the same quality of shaves as other razors I've had, but that's the thing; do you want a decoration or an actual tool to shave with? Nice thing about Karve is it's one of those razors with a plate system that you can go with however mild of a shave whenever you want and delivers a phenomenal shave every time

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The Timeless Ti Handles and razor stands are brilliant.... but I put my Claymore Evolution head on top. <Eg>

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Nice!
My next 2 razor purchases in line include the Karve. I'm gonna skip the Timeless for now. When I get the Karve, I'm gonna get the Aluminum version. I like lighter razors as well so I think it's a bit of a unique item in their lineup.
The reality is that I've got plenty of new razors for now to keep me busy for a while. I need to dedicate some straight usage time to the ones I already have instead of spreading the usage (per razor). I don't know how successful I'll be but we'll see, Lol!!
Either way, whenever I end up getting the Karve, I'll post!

The aluminum Timeless is a whole different animal.

I tried mine once. That was enough.

(Perhaps it can be mastered but I wasn't winning to try. Maybe down the road.)

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom