What's new

Choosing a first soap or cream

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
That leaves Kai, Pro Shave, and Schick for your Claymore.
yeah... I've tried them all except the ProShave..... I've settled on the Kai Captain Titan MG guarded and the Feather ProGuard blades for any reorders. The guarded blades last much longer for me, for some odd reason and give the closest shaves.

I was disappointed in Schick Proline blades.... they came highly recommended by other AC shavers. They just weren't smooth for me and only lasted for three shaves and none of the three were enjoyable. I only used three blades but all three felt the same. I have 57 left. <eg>

The two other Kai unguarded blades gave me a better shave but didn't last as long as their Titan MG guarded blades.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Sorry to read the Prolines weren’t for you. While I think they’re nice, they’re not for everyone. Tempted to try the guarded blades, but I have many Prolines, KAI P!nk Milds, and Pro Supers ahead of it.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Sorry to read the Prolines weren’t for you. While I think they’re nice, they’re not for everyone. Tempted to try the guarded blades, but I have many Prolines, KAI P!nk Milds, and Pro Supers ahead of it.
I was sort of surprised the Prolines didn't perform that well for me. As I said, people raze about them in their Vectors, both metals. I know the Vector has a unique head with the M5 bolt going through the blade but I can't imagine they are designed in a way that the Prolines work better in them than the Claymore Evolution. Let's be honest here... I know nothing about razor design, so there is that. I do know, the people who got the Vectors with problems with the Prolines aren't pleased.

I will use them up.. along with both Kai-s that didn't make in to my final two. My technique might not be up to snuff with unguarded blades. I don't really pay attention to the angle when I shave... I lower the handle until I feel the blade make contact and go from there. Perhaps there is something the Vector users could instruct me to change......

I know a couple Vector advocates ordered Claymore Evo heads when they had the 20% off sale the other day..... I look forward to their reviews. They might be able to assist me in improving my technique.

I just started on my first real soap/cream last week (after years of Gillette Foamy).

I picked Cella. I love love love love it.

I love the smell. I love the lather. I love Felice the smiling man. I love the fact that it's from Milano and says "Crema da Barba" on it. There is nothing I don't love about it.

Using my new Simpsons Commodore X3 with it, by the way. Both were birthday presents.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Belated Happy Birthday, @foppy ! What sort of plumage adorns your Commodore X3? Pure, Best, Super, Manchurian, Platinum?

Joining the party late.
My gateway drug - oh cream, was Art of Shaving unscented cream.
We were in Vegas found their store. They gave me some sample packs.
Probably not going to happen now.
I would suggest a small tube and use, while I ordered samples of many companies from an online store. You get good performance, almost no scent.
The difference in performance between scents from one company are small. Try one sample from each Company. ToBS, DH Trumper, etc.
Then find your scent.
Hehe.S/CAD.

Top Bottom