What's new

Blackbird

I had got my blackbird in yesterday morning before I had to go into work and finally got my first shave in with it tonight with a personna lab blue. I have to say not only is it a nice looking razor but it is also surprisingly really smooth and fairly efficient also. At least to me anyways. Only one really small nick under my nose when getting those last little hairs. Operator error, not the razors fault at all with that one. In the end it was a decent dfs. Which is fine with me. I feel like I could’ve gotten a little closer. But I’m still working through the different angles to see what I can get and how it feels. It’ll probably take a few shaves or so to find it. But pretty much any angle I used oddly was at least super comfortable. Maybe at some point I’ll get and try the open comb version and see if I like that.

Congrats! The 'Bird is a unique and wonderful shaver.

Come to the B3 world.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I had got my blackbird in yesterday morning before I had to go into work and finally got my first shave in with it tonight with a personna lab blue. I have to say not only is it a nice looking razor but it is also surprisingly really smooth and fairly efficient also. At least to me anyways. Only one really small nick under my nose when getting those last little hairs. Operator error, not the razors fault at all with that one. In the end it was a decent dfs. Which is fine with me. I feel like I could’ve gotten a little closer. But I’m still working through the different angles to see what I can get and how it feels. It’ll probably take a few shaves or so to find it. But pretty much any angle I used oddly was at least super comfortable. Maybe at some point I’ll get and try the open comb version and see if I like that.

Dude, Blackbird razors are known to be high end razors, real and true quality! But, SWCT wants to see some pictures of your new razor, so that he may drool over it. :tongue_sm Congrats on your new razor, may it bring you many great shaves, and happiness.

Have a great shave, have a great day!

Congrats on getting the Blackbird. It is a beauty and gives a great shave. I have not found anything to give me a better shave than my SS polished Blackbird. Better meaning closer and more comfortable.

I've seen you have a Timeless 95. I'm thinking of a Ti .95 with a scalloped bar and top cap. How would you say the BB compares to your Timeless OC?

Dude, Blackbird razors are known to be high end razors, real and true quality! But, SWCT wants to see some pictures of your new razor, so that he may drool over it. :tongue_sm Congrats on your new razor, may it bring you many great shaves, and happiness.

Have a great shave, have a great day!
I can try taking and posting some pictures later today after work. But I’m hoping that I get many more good shaves from it too. I was just curious about how it’d go because I know some people complained of it being a rough shaver. But I didn’t think that anyways.

Congrats on getting the Blackbird. It is a beauty and gives a great shave. I have not found anything to give me a better shave than my SS polished Blackbird. Better meaning closer and more comfortable.

I've seen you have a Timeless 95. I'm thinking of a Ti .95 with a scalloped bar and top cap. How would you say the BB compares to your Timeless OC?
Honestly I haven’t used my Timeless in a little while. But I might use it on my next shave. But it has a solid combination of efficiency and comfort much like the Blackbird. Being titanium is pretty nice too. The change in weight from stainless isn’t a huge difference. A little bit. But nothing that’d throw off the shave by a lot. And for being open comb like I said it pairs efficiency and comfort really well. Which is surprising because usually jumping to an open comb you can really feel the difference in the comfort of how a razor shaves. My only knock against it is the somewhat bulky head especially when shaving in tight places like under the nose or something. But it’s not like a huge deal or anything. Otherwise it’s a pretty autopilot kind of razor to be honest.

Now it’s just waiting on my greencult to come in and see how that shaves in comparison to the blackbird. Otherwise my next purchase might be the open comb base plate for the blackbird. I’d like to see how it compares to the sb version in efficiency and comfort. But at the moment I see that blackland is sold out of the machined ones at the moment. Hopefully they get more of those in at some point.

Now it’s just waiting on my greencult to come in and see how that shaves in comparison to the blackbird. Otherwise my next purchase might be the open comb base plate for the blackbird. I’d like to see how it compares to the sb version in efficiency and comfort. But at the moment I see that blackland is sold out of the machined ones at the moment. Hopefully they get more of those in at some point.
Congratulations on the Blackbird!
Enjoy it!
I'm looking forward to your comparison with the Greencult (when you get it!)

Reactions: Kix
Congratulations on the Blackbird!
Enjoy it!
I'm looking forward to your comparison with the Greencult (when you get it!)
So far from just a first shave it was really nice. It’ll probably take at least a few shaves to kinda get it really dialed in though. But as far as the greencult I’m excited to try it and see how efficient it actually is. But it could possibly be until later on in the month before I finally get it though. At least that’s the timeframe they gave. Crazy how this pandemic and everything kinda puts a drag on shipping and everything. But then again when I’ve ordered from Connaught they shipped pretty quick though. So I dunno. Hopefully it’ll come in quick so I can give it a try.

I found the Greencult to be more agressive than the Blackbird with similar efficiency. I ended up selling mine but lots of folks like it. Hope you find it to your liking.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Crazy how this pandemic and everything kinda puts a drag on shipping and everything.

AGREED! Ever since the pandemic started, shipping has gone to garbage. But I've also noticed that, far too many companies, are also using the pandemic, as an excuse to provide shoddy service too. Im still waiting on Wizamet to send me a shipping confirmation email that my Wizamet blades have shipped. I ordered them last Friday.

Hope you get your new razor soon! I tell you what else. The supply shortages haven't helped any either these past several years.

Is it a steep shaver like the Bird or more on the neutral end?
The Greencult bends the blade a good bit, but maybe not as much as the Bird or Yates. I only use a steeper angle so I'm not certain how well it would work with a neutral to shallow angle. Maybe some Greencult owners can chime in. I just remember it irritating my skin with daily shaves where as the Blackbird and Yates H do not.

It's a very nice razor for the money though if it works for you. The handle is super long, but actually works well and has good grip when wet.

AGREED! Ever since the pandemic started, shipping has gone to garbage. But I've also noticed that, far too many companies, are also using the pandemic, as an excuse to provide shoddy service too. Im still waiting on Wizamet to send me a shipping confirmation email that my Wizamet blades have shipped. I ordered them last Friday.

Hope you get your new razor soon! I tell you what else. The supply shortages haven't helped any either these past several years.
Yeah I dunno. I usually get solid shipping from Italian Barber and Karve to the US. And Connaught as far as Europe to the US goes I can’t complain either. So I dunno. But it has probably slowed a bit overall I think for everyone. And the shipping prices have gotten fairly pricey too.

Top Bottom