What's new

My first homemade brush

This is my first homemade brush. Once I had the opportunity to get this knot for a good price at Oumo brushes, I had to step up and try my own luck and build my first brush.
The handle is a simple DS Cosmetics handle, and the knot is a 25mm Finest two-band Badger EX Bulb (EX means even denser than SHD).

The knot itself it's really, really dense, and the tips are amazingly SOFT! I'm surprised about it TBH. Once it's a Two-Band, it has a great backbone while having super soft tips. It's perfect!

For the final price (44€) I'm amazed!

IMG_20220603_161858-01.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This is my first homemade brush. Once I had the opportunity to get this knot for a good price at Oumo brushes, I had to step up and try my own luck and build my first brush.
The handle is a simple DS Cosmetics handle, and the knot is a 25mm Finest two-band Badger EX Bulb (EX means even denser than SHD).

The knot itself it's really, really dense, and the tips are amazingly SOFT! I'm surprised about it TBH. Once it's a Two-Band, it has a great backbone while having super soft tips. It's perfect!

View attachment 1466413
Very nice, I like the blue handle, it kind reminds me of the turbulent ocean at times.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

View attachment 1466413

The handle is honestly my favorite part of this brush, its gorgeous! You call it simple, I call it amazing. And the knott is poofy and cute though, but you chose an interesting size 25mm? And it being 2-band silver tipped, thats why it has solid backbone with soft tips. Good work for making your own!

Nicely done! Enjoy.

Thank you Sir!

Well played! Nice work, does the knot splay a lot when loaded?

Well, it's still in the process of "breaking" it in, but so far, I find it a little tricky to splay...This is my first really dense badger knot, so I'm getting used to it. It has great backbone!

You did an exceptional job, congratulations!

Not bad for the first time, right? :D

Thats beautiful 😍

Thank you Sir! I find it really beautiful too :ouch1:

Very nice, I like the blue handle, it kind reminds me of the turbulent ocean at times.

The handle is really beautiful, and for the price/color/size, it's perfect!

Excellent work!!~ :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Thank you fellow Sir!

The handle is honestly my favorite part of this brush, its gorgeous! You call it simple, I call it amazing. And the knott is poofy and cute though, but you chose an interesting size 25mm? And it being 2-band silver tipped, thats why it has solid backbone with soft tips. Good work for making your own!

The handle is quite beautiful, and once blue is my favourite color, I was amazed with the handle when I got it for the first time. It's even more beautiful at sight.

Well, the knot choice wasn't easy tbh, and I'm getting used to this kind of density. I have multiple 24mm badger brushes from Yaqi, and I wanted something a bit larger for my first homemade brush. The available sizes were 23/25/27, and I thought that 25mm could be the sweet spot for my taste, because I'm a face lathering guy, so I wanted something that could provide a premium feel. There was 3 options for this size: Fan, bulb SHD and Bulb EX (don't know why's called EX, but it turns out that's even more dense than SHD knot's). I'm in the process of getting used to it, because I'm feeling that this density is a bit of downside when I try to splay it on my face.
Let's see how things go in the near future .:)

Top Bottom