What's new

I Just Ordered A Timeless Titanium Razor!!! Crown Handle! .095 Blade!

Also, both of the blades that Jim mentioned, are not available to purchase in America, either that, or just not available on Amazon. Now, we can get Gillette Silver Blues, but their price hiked to outrageous costs for 30+ bucks for a 100 pack,
This is not accurate. Gillette Silver Blue blades are $20.30 for 100 on Amazon. GSB's are among my favorite blades. Gillette Platinum are around $11 for 100 on Amazon. I have ordered both recently and the turn-around time was a few days with free delivery.

Also worth trying are Rapira Platinum Lux and Voskhod as mentioned by another poster. Neither has a lot of longevity but both are comfortable and inexpensive. Another blade of this caliber that I like is Derby Premium. To me, these blades are in my second tier.

As stated by a prior poster, you really need to try a tuck of a particular brand in order to decide for yourself. Just get a few samples to try out.

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
So would you believe it, Timeless sent me an email asking me for a review, its too soon to be delivering a review to their site! People come into these razors expecting perfection, because they hear glory stories of smoothest shaving razor, but the learning curve is unbelievably high.

Also, both of the blades that Jim mentioned, are not available to purchase in America, either that, or just not available on Amazon. Now, we can get Gillette Silver Blues, but their price hiked to outrageous costs for 30+ bucks for a 100 pack, sorry, not going to pay Feather or Kai type prices! So I did some research to try and find what blade is considered a mid-grade for sharpness and smoothness, basically trying to find a blade that is less sharp then a Nacet, but not dull as a Derby.

Its kind of harder then one would think to find such a blade that is mid-range. Because its not just discovering what are the blades in the mid-sharpeness and smoothness range, but you also have to find which of those blades you can get in your country you live in, and which of those you can get for an affordable realistic price. Like I said, harder then you would think.

So, just letting you guys know that I ordered a pack of Gillette 7 O Clock blades. So you might be wondering why I didn't go for the Astra's? Just do some research on Amazon, and you will discover all you need to know. Astra is no longer the Astra that everybody has known over the years. Since the pandemic, the company changed hands, and now produces a sub standard blade, and its dull as heck, tugs hairs.

There are oodles and oodles of reports of this, its not an isolated incident. I am not stupid, and I won't take a chance on ordering garbage, I absolutely will not! But the reports of the Gillette 7 O Clock blades appear to be fairly solid for the most part, so I think I will do well with those, as far as production quality standards go.

Now, weather or not the blades work good in my TTi95, I can only hope. But I am no longer seeking advice, and nor am I giving it. I am simply reporting on what blades I ordered and why. My goal is not to use Feathers, I think they are too sharp. And I think Nacets might be too sharp too, and that could be part of the problem.

Another issue that seems to be getting widespread traction, just in regards to DE blades in general, is the quality standards, do seem to have gone down hill. Its amazing just how many reports come out on these blades, where people state like 1/3 of the blades are good, while another 1/3 of the blades from the same pack, are faulty out of the gate.

So, it just makes it very hard to know what to buy, and who to trust. I tell you one thing, I don't trust buying from any seller with less then 100% positive feedback on Amazon. If I see Amazon is trying to default me, (which it does very often) to lower ranking sellers, I will click that toggle to view other buying options, and pick a seller with a 100% positive rating.

Cause I was also reading reports where shady sellers were doing the oh bait and switch routine. So you see, if you don't stay vigilant, you can even get screwed over DE blades. I will have some Stirling Executive Man shave soap coming in as well. And before you ask, why don't I try Derby blades if I can get them? Because they are the least sharpest of the blades, no way are they gonna handle course whiskers. Derby might be fine for soft whiskers, but not course.

Wizamet SI Tuck.png

Available to those of us in the USA. They even offer a free sample as of a minute ago. I've done business with this fellow. Had a shipping problem (before they shipped from the US), but he fixed it immediately when I got in touch with him.

Here's the link.

Polsilver SI blades might be harder to find.

I'm not touting Wizamet SI and Polsilver SI blades as the right or best blade for anyone but me. I am suggesting that you should try a Wizamet SI. To me they have the best blend of sharpness and smoothness. The first shave is not the best. Generally I get over twenty shaves with a Wizamet or a Polsilver, and generally I discard the blade knowing that it is still going strong without any drag.

Yes, I've experienced drag with one blade after not more than ten shaves but that's the exception which proves the rule (for me).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Happy shaves,

Jim

@Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker I did a PIF at Christmas of some of my favorite blades, including Wizamet. NOT because I think everyone should love them, but to give an opportunity for people to try what works for me to see if it would work for them. They are blades not generally included in most trial packs. PM me if you would like me to send you some of my personal favorites, just to try. I might even have a Derby Extra to throw in :)

For perspective, my son (who got me into this by saying he read an article saying that DE shaving is better than cartridges) prefers the following favorite blades: Feather, Shark, and Derby Extra. He never read anything about them; we just shared the big trial packs I purchased when we started on this adventure. (He has tried all the razors I experimented with on this journey, and his favorite is the Merkur Progress; the other son took to the Rockwell 6S and has no blade preferences).

Best advice given here, even though SWCT clearly said he wasn't looking for advice, is to try a bunch of samples.

I have not, but have used a handful of mid-range blades and not had any problems. They have all removed my whiskers, in many of my razors, and I haven't cut myself (due to any fault of the blade).

I have not yet used any blade with a reputation for being "sharp", including Feather, Nacet, or Kai. I have some of those and will use them in time, but I would like to ease into them. The other concern I have is, with all the high praise those blades get (one member said he "expected the heavens to open") that once I try them I will find that my 600 Astra blades are garbage and aren't really shaving as good as they seem, even though I get BBS when I try.

Connaught can no longer sell razor blades to the States.. new UK export regs.
I am in the UK and I am seeing no evidence of that, having checked latest Royal Mail updates for businesses on their site.

Have you recently actually attempted to order from Connaught and what was your experience?

Has any other US colleague experienced such a explicit 'ban' while actually attempting to order?

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
This is not accurate. Gillette Silver Blue blades are $20.30 for 100 on Amazon.

When I last looked at them a few days ago, they were 30 dollars. Now I check today, and can confirm they are 20 dollars. You should know prices on Amazon fluctuate all the time. But I still won't pay 20 bucks, not when I can get other 100 packs of blade for 11 to 15 dollars.

Best advice given here, even though SWCT clearly said he wasn't looking for advice, is to try a bunch of samples.

Exactly! I am done asking for advice, I will figure my way through the maze myself from now on. Also, I can confirm, while Nacets work amazingly smooth in my Merkur Futur razor, all they seem to do is whisker tugging more then they do whisker cutting, in my TI95.

This is a confirmation of what I suspected regarding them. Sometimes its not always operator error, sometimes its the blades. And I can tell you right now, that last Nacet blade, has been tearing me up. Incredibly difficult to reach a BBS shave without capillary bleeding of the unwanted in moostash and chin areas. And again, all the hair tugging.

I don't know about you guys, but Nacets do not work for my in the TI95. I am really hoping that the Gillette 7 O Clock GREEN's work good in my TI95. And if not, maybe my Bic's will. I am too scared to try one of my Feather blades. I have a feeling that would result in a recipe of skin pealing, bringing a new term to skin exfoliation.

I will figure it out. Like many have said, I have to try the blades and see what works, thats the way it is.

When I last looked at them a few days ago, they were 30 dollars. Now I check today, and can confirm they are 20 dollars. You should know prices on Amazon fluctuate all the time. But I still won't pay 20 bucks, not when I can get other 100 packs of blade for 11 to 15 dollars.

Exactly! I am done asking for advice, I will figure my way through the maze myself from now on. Also, I can confirm, while Nacets work amazingly smooth in my Merkur Futur razor, all they seem to do is whisker tugging more then they do whisker cutting, in my TI95.

This is a confirmation of what I suspected regarding them. Sometimes its not always operator error, sometimes its the blades. And I can tell you right now, that last Nacet blade, has been tearing me up. Incredibly difficult to reach a BBS shave without capillary bleeding of the unwanted in moostash and chin areas. And again, all the hair tugging.

I don't know about you guys, but Nacets do not work for my in the TI95. I am really hoping that the Gillette 7 O Clock GREEN's work good in my TI95. And if not, maybe my Bic's will. I am too scared to try one of my Feather blades. I have a feeling that would result in a recipe of skin pealing, bringing a new term to skin exfoliation.

I will figure it out. Like many have said, I have to try the blades and see what works, thats the way it is.
Sorry, but I laughed at "skin pealing" and "exfoliation". Yikes.

Good luck with your search. 🙂

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I am in the UK and I am seeing no evidence of that, having checked latest Royal Mail updates for businesses on their site.

Have you recently actually attempted to order from Connaught and what was your experience?

Has any other US colleague experienced such a explicit 'ban' while actually attempting to order?
Just a few weeks ago, I ordered their Omega boar brush and thought, heck, I'll add some AC blades into my order because they have a decent selection and their prices are excellent. I got a notice that some things in my cart could not be shipped to the US.

Then there was an explanation about the new regulations... so unless something has changed in the just past few weeks, I don't think I can buy blades from Connaught.

But I'll tell you what... I'm going to try it right now.. perhaps something has changed... hang on.

Just a few weeks ago, I ordered their Omega boar brush and thought, heck, I'll add some AC blades into my order because they have a decent selection and their prices are excellent. I got a notice that some things in my cart could not be shipped to the US.

Then there was an explanation about the new regulations... so unless something has changed in the just past few weeks, I don't think I can buy blades from Connaught.

But I'll tell you what... I'm going to try it right now.. perhaps something has changed... hang on.
Nice. If Connaught is no longer shipping to my US colleagues and brothers, thats a very bad blow.

I will email them asking for a full update of things from their perspective. We have a long Jubilee weekend here, and I may not get a reply till Tuesday. I will say I am a B&B member, and if I can copy it here on the site for information purposes. Connaught I believe is well aware of B&B and it's customer base from the US, and the great trade and feedback they get.

Hopefully I can get a detailed response to settle this.

I will create a seperate thread for it.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

View attachment 1466548

Available to those of us in the USA. They even offer a free sample as of a minute ago. I've done business with this fellow. Had a shipping problem (before they shipped from the US), but he fixed it immediately when I got in touch with him.

Here's the link.

Polsilver SI blades might be harder to find.

I'm not touting Wizamet SI and Polsilver SI blades as the right or best blade for anyone but me. I am suggesting that you should try a Wizamet SI. To me they have the best blend of sharpness and smoothness. The first shave is not the best. Generally I get over twenty shaves with a Wizamet or a Polsilver, and generally I discard the blade knowing that it is still going strong without any drag.

Yes, I've experienced drag with one blade after not more than ten shaves but that's the exception which proves the rule (for me).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Happy shaves,

Jim

I really want a 100 pack of these blades. But it costs 27 dollars for a 100 pack, and they are charging 30 dollars for a 250 pack, for their super US special amazing sale whatever they call it. Since I already bought blades this month, can't really afford to buy more right now. But I won't lie, I really want those Wizamet blades now, like hardcore want!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Nice. If Connaught is no longer shipping to my US colleagues and brothers, thats a very bad blow.

I will email them asking for a full update of things from their perspective. We have a long Jubilee weekend here, and I may not get a reply till Tuesday. I will say I am a B&B member, and if I can copy it here on the site for information purposes.. Connaught I believe is well aware of B&B and it's customer base from the US, and the great trade and feedback they get.

Hopefully I can get a detailed response to settle this.

I will create a seperate thread for it.
I just got all the way to payment for razor blades on both Connaught's and ESC's sites.... so I sit corrected. The UK government must have come to their senses.

I apologize profusely for putting out bad information. I really try to avoid doing that. I didn't make it up however.... I'm trying to find out myself.... I'll let you know if I can figure out what happened, when.

Again, I'm sorry.

I really want a 100 pack of these blades. But it costs 27 dollars for a 100 pack, and they are charging 30 dollars for a 250 pack, for their super US special amazing sale whatever they call it. Since I already bought blades this month, can't really afford to buy more right now. But I won't lie, I really want those Wizamet blades now, like hardcore want!
Just get a single pack on the B&B blade exchange forum as has been suggested above. I'm sure someone will help out from the B&B stockpile.

That way you will know if they suit you without spending another £22

Last edited:
I just got all the way to payment for razor blades on both Connaught's and ESC's sites.... so I sit corrected. The UK government must have come to their senses.

I apologize profusely for putting out bad information. I really try to avoid doing that. I didn't make it up however.... I'm trying to find out myself.... I'll let you know if I can figure out what happened, when.

Again, I'm sorry.
Hey, it's good you reported it for other members so we could figure this out. A potentially big issue. I think govt realised it was a bad move, business wise.

Things are very fluid here at the moment, as we 're-position' ourselves on the world stage. Imports, exports, trade agreements, etc.

Interesting times. :letterk1:

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

OK, I have an update for everyone! I know I tend to be stubborn, I like to often do things my way. And because my trust in the community is shaken, I absolutely will not be giving my address out to anyone, which means nobody can BST to me. I know sad, but thats just the way it is.

Plus, I've also changed a lot since I was a kid. When I was a kid, I always wanted free stuff. I used to have a saying, "If its free, its for me." Part of that was because, I had no money when I was a kid, not unless I mowed a lawn for a neighbor that is lol. These days, I just feel uncomfortable with the idea of people wanting to give me free stuff.

And additionally, I don't really want to do the whole blade exchange thing, so thats out. Call it stubborn if you want, but thats just the way it is. I make my own way, I pay for my own stuff, and the only debt I owe, is to the credit company for my razor purchase lol!

So, I had a second look at my finances, noticed I had some money in another account, more then enough to afford a set of blades. And another thing that I was keeping in mind, is that I don't just have one razor guys, I have 4 now. That means, these blades could potentially work in all 4 of my razors.

And even if the blades only work great in two of my razors, that still a huge success IMO. I looked at the link that Jim sent me, noticed it was to a retail store, but not Wizamet themselves. I didn't want to fully put trust in a retailer I never ordered from.

So I did a Google search, and discovered, that Wizamet are one of the few amazing manufactures, who sell their own products on their website! I have complete trust in buying blades straight from the manufacturer, less of that feeling of the possibility of being screwed by counterfits lol.

I decided that with the discount code sweetdeal, 250 blades for 40, ends up being a sweet deal indeed. And I realize I miss-remembered the cost of the 250 blades when I reported in earlier, easy mistake to make, I said it was 30 I think, should have said 40 lol.

Keep in mind, Jim is not the only one who has given amazing reviews for Wizamet blades being nice and smooth shaving blades. And yes, I've noticed in his SOTD reports he always uses them. But I have also noticed many others on the net saying the same thing Jim has. I know I ended up spending more then I originally intended here.

But if you guys know me by now, when I do things, I do them to the MAX. Like I said, I own 4 razors. Even if Wizamets don't work out in my TI95, (which I serious doubt that they won't work out) I got 3 other razors, and I bet they will work in them just fine.

And like I said earlier, I don't mind taking a risk buying direct from manufacture. I do however mind taking a risk buying from some retail shop I never have bought from.

But I won't lie, I really want those Wizamet blades now, like hardcore want!
Based on my limited experiences with products getting recommend on the forums, there are a couple of recurring rules.
First of all the grass is always greener on the other side :)
Second of all, one needs to personally try the gear and not base decisions on the experience of others. I've found raving recommendations for razors, after shaves, soaps, blades, etc. to almost be off as often as they are spot on. It's really a crap shot.
The next rule for myself is, my own first impressions are often not very long lasting and a lot of gear that I found i didn't like or didn't work for me at first, magically improved and provided totally different results at a later time. Likewise I've had it the other way around, especially with blades, that they worked great in the beginning but now that my handling of certain razors has changed, the blades no longer work or feel all that great.
Having said that, i do think all your blades should and will shave well in your Timeless once you get the hang of it. Some may feel different than others of course, but all that will likely change in a few weeks. If the Nacet is too sharp right now and draws blood, it might make sense to switch to any not so sharp Blade while you hone in your skills, then revisit the Nacet and other sharper blades later. For that many blades will do and I'd only get a sleeve or so for testing purposes.
As to the Wizamet, it's probably a great blade. But I doubt it's a game changer for any issues that may arise. It's just a blade as countless others.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Based on my limited experiences with products getting recommend on the forums, there are a couple of recurring rules.
First of all the grass is always greener on the other side :)
Second of all, one needs to personally try the gear and not base decisions on the experience of others. I've found raving recommendations for razors, after shaves, soaps, blades, etc. to almost be off as often as they are spot on. It's really a crap shot.
The next rule for myself is, my own first impressions are often not very long lasting and a lot of gear that I found i didn't like or didn't work for me at first, magically improved and provided totally different results at a later time. Likewise I've had it the other way around, especially with blades, that they worked great in the beginning but now that my handling of certain razors has changed, the blades no longer work or feel all that great.
Having said that, i do think all your blades should and will shave well in your Timeless once you get the hang of it. Some may feel different than others of course, but all that will likely change in a few weeks. If the Nacet is too sharp right now and draws blood, it might make sense to switch to any not so sharp Blade while you hone in your skills, then revisit the Nacet and other sharper blades later. For that many blades will do and I'd only get a sleeve or so for testing purposes.
As to the Wizamet, it's probably a great blade. But I doubt it's a game changer for any issues that may arise. It's just a blade as countless others.

I shall keep my faith that it will go well! If there is anyone I should believe in, its that I should believe in myself. Because if I can't even do that, then there is no hope for me. I manage to tame one of the most well known razors, that many people find too aggressive to shave with. Yes, its my dinosaur called Rex, short for, the Tyrannosaurs Rex Ambassador lol.

So if I can do that, I can certainly figure this business out. I have since learned more about razor that I find interesting too. Remember how I said this razor has less of a blade gap then my Futur or Ambassador? You know where on the face blade gap is really important? I will tell you! You know those pesky under the nose hairs?

Well, despite the very fact that many folks who hate on the Futur because they head is too big, well, if I set the blade gap to level 3 or 4, I can get those pesky under the nose hairs just doing a WTG pass, and doing a bit of a fish face. But the TI95 has nowhere near that level of blade gap, and it cannot be adjusted. You see where this is going don't you?

For the life of me, I am not able to get the pesky under the nose hairs in the moostash area, with the TI95, neither WTG, nor ATG. The only way I have been able to do it, is by both going XTG, and by using my left hand to stretch my moostash skin downwards. That was the only way I got them today! So, regardless of what blade I do use in this razor, at least I figured that out!

So, ya, IMO, blade gap is more important then simply, large gap, means you can take down 1-week of whisker growth or more kind of thing. Larger gap, also means the easier ability to get the pesky under the nose hairs. Cause the smaller that gap is, the harder it is, and forces you to do things differently. Make no mistake, I was frustrated today, almost to my max.

But at the end of the day, I got a complete BBS shave this time around. Yes, I also achieved capillary bleeding of the unwanted, but at least I was BBS. The previous shave, I had no bleeding, but thats because I stopped short of BBS in the moostash area, and only got a DFS there. And Nacet, your fired! 🤣

Although I feel exactly the opposite of what I write here, B&Bers will not tolerate my opinion, so let me say only that I applaud your wise decision to spend $225 on a razor.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Although I feel exactly the opposite of what I write here, B&Bers will not tolerate my opinion, so let me say only that I applaud your wise decision to spend $225 on a razor.

I am so pleased to tell you, because I exceeded your expectations, and I actually paid 360! 😝 The razor starts out at 225. But once you spec it out with a scalloped base plate, crown handle, polished, and engraved, stand included, price goes up fast. But it looks absolutely gorgeous! 😍

Something else I learned, its easier to control the razor, if you hold it at the bottom of the head. I've seen some people in video's hold their razors that way, and then I've seen some where people like to hold it at the bottom or middle of the handle. Each has their way. But balance wise, I feel I have more control, holding at the bottom of the head.

And remember Qauznoid, its titanium! That is the metal allow that lasts many lifetimes, never rusts, and doesn't weigh as much as a tank. I tell you what, if you ever have used a Rex Ambassador or a Merkur Futur, then you would know the weight of those razors, force you to be really careful with them. If those razors were to slip out of your hands, well, its gonna be bad for ya.

The Merkur Futur especially has that smooth handle, unless you buy the plasti-dip handled version from GeoFatBoy, and I tell you what, if you got soap on your fingers, you better get the soap off, cause soapy fingers, and Futur, do not mix lol. At least the Rex Ambassador have nice textured grip handles. But ya, titanium is pretty cool.

Top Bottom