What's new

Wine is Fine But Whisky's Quicker

I know, name is unassociated, but in my mind it sorta is. I've shaven off my goatee and moustache for the first time in probably 25 years. Alum has always been a mainstay in my post-shave routine. Usually, if I do my part, the alum block feels like an ice-cube block. I will admit to using gasoline, perhaps, in my drinking days as an aftershave, but NEVER (unless moonshine was involved) did I ever light it on fire!!

WOW. Burns so good!

I sent my mentor a picture of my face and asked, "Honestly--Goatee or no goatee?" He was his usual non self-implicating self in his reply: "That's her call!!" :)

Never did before, @Jakebullet. I've been using a DE since my late teens, and I've had that same darn goatee since then. I've STILL not learned how to go ATG in that area! No rush, though. :)

Hahah no sarcasm I promise👍
It’s just that learning the chin and top lip was the most challenging part of learning to use a straight for me, but I have fond memories of learning it.

True story. And it does build character. And we do tend to look fondly on it in hindsight. These facts don’t always make the trying times more tolerable in the moment though…

Agreed. I have fond memories of many of the most trying, intolerable, undesireable and miserable moments in my life. My dad used to say, "Building character."

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Tough times don't last, tough people do.
Amen. Another thing my Dad said often to me. And he was right.

Life has pitched me high and tight many times, but I always got back in the batter's box!

God werks on a Pass/Fail lesson plan. You WILL take His tests until you pass, so study your failures. Ain't no sense in making the same mistakes over and over!

Amen. Another thing my Dad said often to me. And he was right.

Life has pitched me high and tight many times, but I always got back in the batter's box!

God werks on a Pass/Fail lesson plan. You WILL take His tests until you pass, so study your failures. Ain't no sense in making the same mistakes over and over!
I knew a man who used to say God has 3 responses, "Yes, No, and Wait." Can't argue with that.

Top Bottom