What's new

I Just Ordered A Timeless Titanium Razor!!! Crown Handle! .095 Blade!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
WizametSI.Puck.480JPG.JPG

I use only Polsilver SI and Wizamet SI blades.

To me, they're the same blade. (Yes, not everyone agrees on that.)​
Polsilver.jpeg

If the blade I use doesn't work in the razor I try, there's something wrong with the razor.

To be fair, I went through a lot of blades below the Polsilver SI blade clicked with me, but, when it clicked, I knew it was the one.

Some people jump around way too much with blades in my opinion, but they probably think I should jump around some, and I don't.

It only has to suit you.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Don't despair, you'll get it.

I was also going to suggest a milder blade. I know you gravitated towards the sharper end of the blade spectrum when you started out with your ASD2, but with the more agressive Timeless, maybe an Astra (or comparable) blade is in order.

I have over 1200 blades and 750 of them are Astra. Among the others are 100ct boxes of various sharper blades, like Bic and Nacet. I'll eventually try to use them all, but I know that the Atra blades are more than capable of giving a close and comfortable shave.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Thanks guys for all the helpful advice. I didn't really expect that I would have issues with the most highly coveted and liked razor blade in the shaving community. I thought Nacets were pure perfection in every way, thats why I ordered them in the first place. I was going to buy another 100 pack of Nacets, but now I think I better buy a 100 pack of Astra's, since they are known as a more milder blade, and that may be what my Timeless Ti95 needs afterall.

I do have a couple of puks of Astra's that were sent to me from New England Shaving, when I made two separate razor orders from them, which was kind of them actually. So I do have some on me that I can try right away of course. I am sure they being milder, will be a bit more forgiving. So maybe thats partly what testing new razors is all about, its not always the razor being tested, its the blade as well. I do know my Bic blades don't work well in my Merkur Futur razor, but the Nacets work great in the Futur!

I got to get to work, I got a job that I gotta do, then I can come back and spend more time on the forum. I love this site, you guys are so helpful, and I want you to know that I really appreciate all the replies and the much needed advice. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the Astra's at this point, so its good to have at least 3 different blade types in my arsenal.

Basically it will go like this. Astra's = mild, Nacets = sharper, Feather's = sharpest.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks guys for all the helpful advice. I didn't really expect that I would have issues with the most highly coveted and liked razor blade in the shaving community. I thought Nacets were pure perfection in every way, thats why I ordered them in the first place. I was going to buy another 100 pack of Nacets, but now I think I better buy a 100 pack of Astra's, since they are known as a more milder blade, and that may be what my Timeless Ti95 needs afterall.

I do have a couple of puks of Astra's that were sent to me from New England Shaving, when I made two separate razor orders from them, which was kind of them actually. So I do have some on me that I can try right away of course. I am sure they being milder, will be a bit more forgiving. So maybe thats partly what testing new razors is all about, its not always the razor being tested, its the blade as well. I do know my Bic blades don't work well in my Merkur Futur razor, but the Nacets work great in the Futur!

I got to get to work, I got a job that I gotta do, then I can come back and spend more time on the forum. I love this site, you guys are so helpful, and I want you to know that I really appreciate all the replies and the much needed advice. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the Astra's at this point, so its good to have at least 3 different blade types in my arsenal.

Basically it will go like this. Astra's = mild, Nacets = sharper, Feather's = sharpest.
And try Kai
Sharp and smooth!

So I’m looking at the timeless Ti 95 head
Or lupo 95.
Thoughts. Suggestions welcome.
FYI I’ve already thought of buy both. So I’ve got that covered 😎🤪
I have a plan. It goes like this: buy the Lupo 95 head. Give it a try and when you decide you don’t like it and simply must have the Timeless, you PIF the Lupo 95 to me.

…to reduce clutter. Just thinking of you.

Last edited:

Don't buy 100 till you try out the Astra's that you already have. The Astra is a suggestion but you won't know If they work for you till you try them.
And about the Nacet's, I don't think they are the most coveted and liked. I don't think any blade is. It's whatever blade works for you!
Every single brand/type of blade has a fan club. Matter of fact, every razor and everything else involved in wet shaving does as well. That's why our motto is "YMMV"!
One thing I've learned here (and I apply this for most purchases) is to ask for advice but not to follow precisely what anyone implies is "the best". In the end I decide and try things out on my own (based on said advice). If it works, wonderful, if it doesn't, then I sell it or throw it in storage.

Don't buy 100 till you try out the Astra's that you already have. The Astra is a suggestion but you won't know If they work for you till you try them.
And about the Nacet's, I don't think they are the most coveted and liked. I don't think any blade is. It's whatever blade works for you!
Every single brand/type of blade has a fan club. Matter of fact, every razor and everything else involved in wet shaving does as well. That's why our motto is "YMMV"!
One thing I've learned here (and I apply this for most purchases) is to ask for advice but not to follow precisely what anyone implies is "the best". In the end I decide and try things out on my own (based on said advice). If it works, wonderful, if it doesn't, then I sell it or throw it in storage.
Case in point; I bought a Rex Ambassador because many people said it gave wonderful shaves. For me, it wasn’t good at all. Same with the Gillette Slim.

Bad thing is, when I told my wife I needed to try more razors to find “The One”, she said”…grow a beard.”

Case in point; I bought a Rex Ambassador because many people said it gave wonderful shaves. For me, it wasn’t good at all. Same with the Gillette Slim.

Bad thing is, when I told my wife I needed to try more razors to find “The One”, she said”…grow a beard.”
Same here, tried a Parker Variant, sold it. Tried a Merkur Futur, sold it. Both terrible for me. Bought the Pearl Flexi, love it!
It's all about try and buy. Luckily if something has no return policy, it usually can be sold without much loss.
And fortunately my line of work doesn't allow a beard.🙂

Agree 100%.

Which precisely why I qualified my response with "Astra or comparable". There are a slew of mid-level blades to consider but SWCT won't know which is best until he tries some.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I did another shave for Timeless Tuesday as HabannaRon calls it. I gotta say, this razor with the .095 is just not very forgiving at all. I nicked myself in two places again, and barely got the mole, but this time it wasn't as bad, so the mole isn't an inflated looking red pustular monster this time around. So here's some things that I've learned.

I am used to being able to go ATG in the moostash area, to achieve that sweet BBS shave, including, pulling that area downward, so I can get under the nose hairs. Unlike my other razors, the TT does not like when you alter the skins position in that way, it will bight you every time, so don't do it! You would also think that because the head of the razor is considerably smaller then the Merkur Futur, that it would be able to get the tricky under the nose hairs, but no, it won't, it forces me to do things to improvise. Make the wrong improvisation, and it will bight you for it!

I think other people have greater success then I with this razor, and people are just not talking about that difficulty. I guess I just have that difficult face, where hairs grow all the way to the freaking nostrils, and my big nose is in the way. So, even after 2 shaves with this razor now, I still don't got it figured out. Oh, and the other nick I got, was on the right side of cheek where it meets the mouth, I guess I raked over that spot one too many times, I don't remember feeling the bight there though.

Oh and another thing, very difficult to get the upper chin hairs just bellow the bottom lip. I tried to do that thing where you push the skin outward with your tongue, I thought it helped, I was getting more hairs removed. But then later after feeling my face, if I did the same thing with my tongue to push the chin skin outward, I could feel hairs. So I am like, how is this razor missing so much hairs?

Good news, I managed to not give me weepers and nicks in the neck this time. I did what I told you guys I was going to do. I did straight down, then I did diagonal, then I straight up. So success there, and I got a BBS on my neck, very nice. This razor also does a superb job on my cheeks, completely BBS as well there! And I got a BBS on my chin, and barely a BBS in the moostash area, despite the nick fiasco.

So once again, I barely achieved a complete face and neck BBS shave, which that alone is a success! But I am not achieving these without nicks. So, as long as I continue getting nicks with this razor, I will not ever achieve any score higher then 7 out of 10 for my shaves, and that makes me very sad. You should have seen how hard I was trying not to screw up my face, I was being so dam careful you wouldn't believe.

Thats the reason why I didn't screw up my neck this time around! Now I did do a full WTG, XTG, and ATG on my face. Maybe too XTG is a little much for that area, maybe not. But with the 3-day stubble I had today, I did have to do, more then 1 pass ATG to get everything, I had to re-lather up and attack it again. And after two separate passes ATG on my face, I was able to achieve the full BBS.

So basically, in my testing of this razor, I am seeing what it is cable of and what it is not. I'd hate to believe that the issue is my Nacet blade. I only say that, because Nacets are known as the best blades in the world, if I can't do these shaves with a Nacet, then I am a lost cause entirely. So, I mean, ya, I could try a Bic Blade, but for all I know, that could introduce hair tugging, as it does for me with the Futur razor.

And after these first two experiences, I surely don't want to throw a Feather blade in there, you think its bad now? Wait till a Feather tears me all up to look like Franksteins monster! lol. So, I guess even after two shaves with this razor, I am not there yet guys. It really is frustrating, and a moral killer, brings down the mood instantly when a razor bights me, and draws blood.

I don't know what else to say, it is what it is. Now, I need to write up my SOTD post. And I even screwed up taking my SOTD photo too, forgot to have the brush in the shot, for criminey sakes, I know. So I had to take another photo for the brush. I can't catch a break. Such as life, visa V, whatever will be will be.
Go steep.

~doug~

And try Kai
Sharp and smooth!

I've never used them, but honest question:

Is a wider blade with with a "sharp" reputation and more blade exposure a solid recommendation for someone having issues with an agressive razor?

I'm not in any hurry to try Kai blades in my well-behaved razors, but maybe I'm just a coward. 😄

Thanks guys for all the helpful advice. I didn't really expect that I would have issues with the most highly coveted and liked razor blade in the shaving community.
I think your problem is quite obvious.
You have DE shaved less than 100 times and have jumped from razor to razor and from blade to blade and really have no idea what you are comparing and what you have or haven’t used. You essentially have no baseline for comparison and are simply chasing after brand names and high-status. You are advising other people on what to do based on stuff you have read without personal experience but are a perfect example of the dreaded YMMV reality. You are confused because expensive, exotic items are not meeting unrealistic expectation. My guess is that if you discovered that a Merkur 34c and an an Astra SP gave you the best shave you ever had you‘d convince yourself that it isn’t true because they are low status items. Forums tend to do this to people.
Are you interested in shaving or shaving equipment? We are all gear junkies to some extent but you have jumped in with no clear plan and have totally confused yourself.
SLOW DOWN. Get to know what you have and resist the temptation to be looking to the next thing to buy. There is no possible way that this is going to end well for you. You are going to burn out chasing something that doesn’t exist rather than simply chasing a nice shave with nice equipment. Your enthusiasm for the hobby is great, but you are chasing your tail.
One thing I have learned from my various hobbies is that it’s OK to admire nice things from afar. You don’t have to own everything. Again..….SLOW DOWN! 🙂

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I think your problem is quite obvious.
You have DE shaved less than 100 times and have jumped from razor to razor and from blade to blade and really have no idea what you are comparing and what you have or haven’t used. You essentially have no baseline for comparison and are simply chasing after brand names and high-status. You are advising other people on what to do based on stuff you have read without personal experience but are a perfect example of the dreaded YMMV reality. You are confused because expensive, exotic items are not meeting unrealistic expectation. My guess is that if you discovered that a Merkur 34c and an an Astra SP gave you the best shave you ever had you‘d convince yourself that it isn’t true because they are low status items. Forums tend to do this to people.
Are you interested in shaving or shaving equipment? We are all gear junkies to some extent but you have jumped in with no clear plan and have totally confused yourself.
SLOW DOWN. Get to know what you have and resist the temptation to be looking to the next thing to buy. There is no possible way that this is going to end well for you. You are going to burn out chasing something that doesn’t exist rather than simply chasing a nice shave with nice equipment. Your enthusiasm for the hobby is great, but you are chasing your tail.
One thing I have learned from my various hobbies is that it’s OK to admire nice things from afar. You don’t have to own everything. Again..….SLOW DOWN! 🙂

Alright, out of all the advice given, this is the first post from somebody that I don't appreciate very much. So lets break it down, you are a newcomer with 2 total posts, joined on Sunday. Your first post, was also a message to me, what are you magnetically attracted to me? Something doesn't smell right with me here. You don't know me, yet you think my problem is obvious, wow, presumptuous much are we?

Yes, I have less then 100 shaves under my belt, but its not like I just started wet shaving today, I've been wet shaving for 3 months, and I have been having successes with previous razors, although I wasn't necessarily a big fan of my Feather AS-D2.

You say I have no idea what I am comparing, and what I have and haven't used. Such an extremely strange comment! Cause, I've used my Feather AS-D2, my Rex Ambassador, and my Merkur Futur. I have experience with all of them, I know how they act, I know how to use them, and I know what blades work best in them.

And now you are insinuating that I am chasing after brand names in high status, another presumptuous comment coming from somebody who doesn't know me, and of course, you would be wrong. You also mention that I am advising people on things for which I have no experience. Interesting comment, so what your saying is, I have no experience with a Feather AS-D2, Rex Ambassador, Merkur Futur, or in my current use of my Timeless Ti95, simply because you say so.

Dude, I don't know what world you live in buddy, but it certainly is not in the world of reality. I am not interested in cheap plated razors that fall apart after a year or so of use, as the plated chips away. The only cheaper razor I was willing to purchase, was the Futur, because I like the futuristic look of it. I am not going to buy a 34 dollar razor, just because you think I should. If you want to buy a cheap razor, go ahead, but don't attack me for my choices.

I don't go to you, and start tearing you down, because you buy a cheap razor. And I think that all my posts on the board speak for themselves, moderators can see as well, I don't tear down others who buy cheap razors. But somehow you feel like you have the right to tear me down, for buying expensive razors. And I am interested in shaving and my equipment, what kind of question is that?

Dude, I am a tech nerd who both enjoys computers, and uses them in my daily life. Thats a lot like saying, I bought a computer just so it looks good on my counter top. Please dude, seriously, once again, you don't know me, make assumptions, and overstep, its obvious reading your post, your all over the place with your attitude. You had the same attitude when you went after me the first time.

But I took the higher road, and chose not to play your game and engage with your BS. But you have crossed the line now, and now I need to tell you like it is. Don't worry, I am not going to burn out, I bought my last razor. Yeah, I'd like to have a fancy 1000 dollar DSLR camera with 3000 dollars worth of lenses for it, but you don't see me buying one. So, if I had to have everything, I'd have one of those.

This is my last post response to you. My advice, try to be less presumptuous, try not to pretend you know people when you don't. Leave the attitude off the forum. Cause I can tell you right now, we don't appreciate it!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I've never used them, but honest question:

Is a wider blade with with a "sharp" reputation and more blade exposure a solid recommendation for someone having issues with an agressive razor?

I'm not in any hurry to try Kai blades in my well-behaved razors, but maybe I'm just a coward. 😄
I’m not sure about the specs in terms of a wider or thicker blade although I’ve read something of the sort. I’ve tried feather and for me Kai is sharp and smooth. Never had a bad experience over several razors. But they are more costly as well. Just a suggestion it’s worth a look see sometime.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I find my Lupo 95 has more blade feel than my Ti95OC if that helps.
~doug~
Yes that does help. Tip to timeless
I have a plan. It goes like this: buy the Lupo 95 head. Give it a try and when you decide you don’t like it and simply must have the Timeless, you PIF the Lupo 95 to me.

…to reduce clutter. Just thinking of you.
Okay 👍 I like the originality there. Maybe that’s the game plan. Or game changer? 😁
Or are you nudging me to timeless too 😁
This thread is otherwise getting 🧖‍♂️ 🥵

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I’m not sure about the specs in terms of a wider or thicker blade although I’ve read something of the sort. I’ve tried feather and for me Kai is sharp and smooth. Never had a bad experience over several razors. But they are more costly as well. Just a suggestion it’s worth a look see sometime.

And thats the reason I don't want to buy anymore Feather and Kai blades, there just too expensive. I know there are other blades for an more affordable cost, like my Bic blades for example. Nacets are more affordable too, as are the Astra's. The only reason why I started this hobby with Feather blades, is because people recommended them for use in my Feather AS-D2 razor, people said they were made for the razor, and best used in them.

I also agree, because I can tell you right now, if you used a mild blade in a Feather AS-D2, your gonna get nowhere fast! Even with a Feather blade, the razor struggles to take down that 2-day growth, and bring fourth the BBS shave. It will do it of course! It just takes all day to get there, cause its not an efficient razor. But it does make for a good backup razor incase needed. Both the Rex Ambassador, and the Merkur Futur, are much more efficient razors.

And you know what else is more efficient? The Timeless Titanium TI95 razor is too. I am truly amazed at how efficient it is. One problem I am not having with my Ti95, is the ability to bring fourth quick whisker reduction, and bring fourth the BBS. The Ti95 does it in spades. I can tell you right now, my TI95 mops the decks with my Feather AS-D2. LOL!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Okay 👍 I like the originality there. Maybe that’s the game plan. Or game changer? 😁

Well, I didn't realize that folks had problems with my recommendations. So, I just made a change today, I won't be providing recommendations to anybody anymore, for anything. If newcomers need advice, they can get it from you guys. I am done trying to be helpful.

So get the Timeless, or don't, makes no difference to me at this point. You gotta do what is right for you.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents

Let's not forget the Vector I recently started looking at. My GC84OC is another one of my Top Tier razors, but not one I would call a "Big Dog".

~doug~

Top Bottom