What's new

Timeless Ti on top?

Since I bought my Rex Ambassador in November 2020 and received my Wolfman WR2 1.25 in January 2021, they have been my #1 and #2 razors respectively. The Rex has been old faithful, super efficient and super consistent. The Wolf has been an irresistible beauty that always catches your eye and some days you just calls your name. I have several other razors in my rotation, but none came close to these two.

Several months ago I was extremely fortunate to win a Timeless Ti .95 OC with a Crown handle. (It also came with the Ti Slim SB plate and the SS Slim OC plate, but I digress). Obviously, I was thrilled. I had been toying with buying a titanium razor to see what all the hubbub was about.

From the first shave, the Ti Timeless .95 OC has been an eye opener. (The other two plates are a different story for another time). So light, maneuverable, smooth, beautiful, yet efficient! And that Crown handle! Then slowly over time, I began to pick it up more and more, and now it’s become my most frequently used razor. Stainless steel almost feels cumbersome in comparison, especially the Wolf!

I have razors that are more efficient, or slightly smoother, or edge out the Timeless in sheer beauty. But this razor seems to have the best combination of all three categories and easily tops my den in maneuverability and balance. It’s just a pleasure to shave with and, at least right now, seems to be leading the pack in my house!

Disclaimer - opinions are subject to change without notice. RAD and YMMV apply.
CD289FC0-0221-478C-9D93-12BEFB50C404.jpeg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Looks gorgeous. I love the crown handle. When it arrived I found it freakishly light. Almost like something was wrong 😑 on a lupo head it felt dangerously lopsided too. But after about 2 shaves I got accustomed to it. It’s lovely. Now gee maybe a top cap and baseplate? 😁

Looks gorgeous. I love the crown handle. When it arrived I found it freakishly light. Almost like something was wrong 😑 on a lupo head it felt dangerously lopsided too. But after about 2 shaves I got accustomed to it. It’s lovely. Now gee maybe a top cap and baseplate? 😁
And Timeless makes trying plates very easy. Enjoy!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I am an absolute fan of the Slim OC and the Crown handle. Wish they would make a SS Crown handle, though! :)

Today I ordered a .78 Bronze Open Comb (and a Yates, because it was on sale), let's see how this will turn out. Mine is from Italy though.

I am interested to hear about your other two Timeless plates! :)
Because I smell a problem there. The thing is, the scraping style of the Slim plate isn't for everyone and if you are hunting for the smooth and sweet spot of the .95, the .5 doesn't have it. It has a narrow window for a smooth shave, but it's an entirely different beast shaving wise.

But I think you can love it. I have a .95 plate as well and so very much <3 the Slim plate more.

I am an absolute fan of the Slim OC and the Crown handle. Wish they would make a SS Crown handle, though! :)

Today I ordered a .78 Bronze Open Comb (and a Yates, because it was on sale), let's see how this will turn out. Mine is from Italy though.

Because I smell a problem there. The thing is, the scraping style of the Slim plate isn't for everyone and if you are hunting for the smooth and sweet spot of the .95, the .5 doesn't have it. It has a narrow window for a smooth shave, but it's an entirely different beast shaving wise.

But I think you can love it. I have a .95 plate as well and so very much <3 the Slim plate more.
Interesting! So far, the Ti Slim SB doesn’t shave close enough. But the SS Slim OC is a beast! Sometimes it’s a great super close shave. Sometimes it’s a bit harsh.

I tried the .78 Bronze. Gorgeous! Too much blade feel for me at the time, but that was long ago. I think I could rock it now. The .34 (?) was too mild.

I look forward to hearing your impressions!

My Timeless Ti .95 SB is the smoothest razor I have. I'm defining smooth as the least blade feel. In terms of efficiency, it's about #4, but still, I'm quite pleased & satisfied with its' efficiency. Timeless is #1 in my den, which includes several Wolfman, a Blackbird Ti, & H&S 17-4 P076. I'm impressed with my Timeless Ti & will always have one in my den.

My Timeless Ti .95 SB is the smoothest razor I have. I'm defining smooth as the least blade feel. In terms of efficiency, it's about #4, but still, I'm quite pleased & satisfied with its' efficiency. Timeless is #1 in my den, which includes several Wolfman, a Blackbird Ti, & H&S 17-4 P076. I'm impressed with my Timeless Ti & will always have one in my den.
So glad you enjoy yours as well! I’m curious how it compares with the Ti Blackbird. I know the Blackbird has more blade feel. Is it a also a big jump in efficiency? Thanks!

Reactions: Kix

Just an update. You inspired me to use my Ti Slim SB plate tonight. I concentrated on maintaining a shallow angle (handle closer to skin) and the shave was closer than it previously ever was before, although still not quite as close as the .95 OC plate. I’ll work on it and see if I can master that narrow shaving angle the Slim plate seems to favor. Thanks!

So glad you enjoy yours as well! I’m curious how it compares with the Ti Blackbird. I know the Blackbird has more blade feel. Is it a also a big jump in efficiency? Thanks!

Huge fan of my timeless Ti95 scalloped base. Parked 1930’s aristocrat, the feather as-d2 and rex ambassador and never looked back.
The Blackbird Ti does have more blade feel, but not so much that it becomes a deterrent to enjoying the shave. And it is considerably more efficient than the Timeless Ti .95 SB. Again, not in a negative way. I've only had 2 shaves with it so far, both with a Feather blade in it. Both shaves were excellent, I enjoyed the razor a great deal. Give me another 5 - 10 shaves & I'll be able to more accurately describe how I like it.

Last edited:
The Blackbird Ti does have more blade feel, but not so much that it becomes a deterrent to enjoying the shave. And it is considerably more efficient than the Timeless Ti .95 SB. Again, not in a negative way. I've only had 2 shaves with it so far, both with a Feather blade in it. Both shaves were excellent, I enjoyed the razor a great deal. Give me another 5 - 10 shaves & I'll be able to more accurately describe how I like it.
Thanks! Enjoy sir!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Since I bought my Rex Ambassador in November 2020 and received my Wolfman WR2 1.25 in January 2021, they have been my #1 and #2 razors respectively. The Rex has been old faithful, super efficient and super consistent. The Wolf has been an irresistible beauty that always catches your eye and some days you just calls your name. I have several other razors in my rotation, but none came close to these two.

Several months ago I was extremely fortunate to win a Timeless Ti .95 OC with a Crown handle. (It also came with the Ti Slim SB plate and the SS Slim OC plate, but I digress). Obviously, I was thrilled. I had been toying with buying a titanium razor to see what all the hubbub was about.

From the first shave, the Ti Timeless .95 OC has been an eye opener. (The other two plates are a different story for another time). So light, maneuverable, smooth, beautiful, yet efficient! And that Crown handle! Then slowly over time, I began to pick it up more and more, and now it’s become my most frequently used razor. Stainless steel almost feels cumbersome in comparison, especially the Wolf!

I have razors that are more efficient, or slightly smoother, or edge out the Timeless in sheer beauty. But this razor seems to have the best combination of all three categories and easily tops my den in maneuverability and balance. It’s just a pleasure to shave with and, at least right now, seems to be leading the pack in my house!

Disclaimer - opinions are subject to change without notice. RAD and YMMV apply.View attachment 1463095

Thank you for sharing such beauty with me, you know I love stuff like this! 😍 I think its really awesome how we both have the same razors, except I don't have a Wolfman.

I do love my Rex Ambassador, but I don't believe it deserves the rank for SMOOTH shave. It does earn the rank of EFFICIENT shave yes.

My Feather AS-D2 is simply a lost cause, totally INEFFICIENT! its just a 3-piece backup razor incase my other razors were to fail on me.

I do love my Merkur Futur razor, it deserves the rank SMOOTH & EFFICIENT shave, cause thats what it provides.

But my Timeless Titanium razor, well, that deserves three ranks, GORGEOUS & EFFICIENT & SUPER SMOOTH!

I hope your TT continues to provide you with so many great shaves. And with that said, have a great shave, have a great day! :)

Top Bottom