What's new

I ordered a Razorock Lupo 72 with the Barber pole handle!

I have both the Blackbird and Nodachi. The Bird has more blade feel and shaves closer for me. The Nodachi....mine is on the Masamune handle.... so it's super smooth and maneuverable. I like both razors, but reach for the Blackbird more often. Both can be used daily with no issues.
How's the head size on both?
I don't like a huge razor head?
If I go for the Tatara, it would probably be Nodachi top cap, Masamune bottom plate on a Masamune handle. Seems like a good combo!

How's the head size on both?
I don't like a huge razor head?
If I go for the Tatara, it would probably be Nodachi top cap, Masamune bottom plate on a Masamune handle. Seems like a good combo!
The Tatara has the smaller head size, but the Bird isn't super large. The angle of the razors in the picture distorts them a little, but it gives you an idea of size. You won't get much blade feel with the Masamune base plate. The shave will be smooth with decent efficiency. The Blackbird will definitely shave closer than that combo.

tempImagekoBE8I.jpg

The Tatara has the smaller head size, but the Bird isn't super large. The angle of the razors in the picture distorts them a little, but it gives you an idea of size. You won't get much blade feel with the Masamune base plate. The shave will be smooth with decent efficiency. The Blackbird will definitely shave closer than that combo.

View attachment 1459002
Nice!
So from what I gather, to get a Blackbird feel with a Tatara means Nodachi top and bottom.
I guess I have to think hard, Lol!!
I like both!
I can eventually get both but it's one at a time. So I have to see which will be first.

Nice!
So from what I gather, to get a Blackbird feel with a Tatara means Nodachi top and bottom.
I like both!
I can eventually get both but it's one at a time. So I have to see which will be first.
The full Nodachi won't provide as much blade feel as the Blackbird.....at least to me. Both provide excellent shaves but I find the Bird performs better and the shave lasts a little longer. The Nodachi is more comfortable and delivers very good shaves....it's one of my top razors as well.

The full Nodachi won't provide as much blade feel as the Blackbird.....at least to me. Both provide excellent shaves but I find the Bird performs better and the shave lasts a little longer. The Nodachi is more comfortable and delivers very good shaves....it's one of my top razors as well.
How confusing, LOL!!
Choices choices!!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Nice!
I like both!

You want the top, or the bottom? Hmmm, can I get a raincheck on that? 🤣

Well folks, I gave it a whirl!
What a shave, what a razor!
It's exactly what I expected and it will be my #1 daily driver.
I'm not the best at giving reviews but here it is:

I popped in a Bic blade and used some TOBS Cedarwood for the shave along with my Razorock Plissoft brush.
I did a 2 pass shave which is the usual daily shave for me and the result was a top notch DFS with zero irritation!
My expectations were a heavier and slightly more aggressive version of the Aluminum Lupo which I love.
That's precisely what it is!
You can really tell that tolerances are super tight on these razors. It really holds that blade in place and the alignment is superb. Zero blade chatter!
It's got some blade exposure which I really like but it has no harshness whatsoever.
I was expecting less feedback since it's stainless steel but it sings just like the aluminum Lupo. It's very audible!
The shave it gives is very efficient and smooth. The weight is perfect and it's very well balanced.
I easily was able to use it since it's got the same angles as the Aluminum version.
And that beautifully knurled barber pole handle has incredible grip. The 85mm size is what I needed. (not to short and not too long). And the 12mm diameter makes it perfect in the hand by being hefty enough but not bulky.
I can't find any faults with this razor. Usually at least one thing is off, but man this thing's perfect!
I'll run it with the Bic blade for the next couple days and next up will be a Feather blade to see how it does.
The Aluminum Lupo excels with Feather blades so I expect no less from this one.
I like it so much that I'm gonna order the .58 base plate (Aluminum Lupo equivalent) to have whenever I want to shave more than once per day.
Bottom line is that it's totally awesome and I highly recommend it especially for anyone that currently uses the Aluminum version.
A++

LRod
Just bought Lupo .72 with barberpole last week. Really like the razor, glad you like yours. I did swap the barber pole handle to my game changer and put the bulldog on the Lupo head. Enjoy your new razor.

One of the criticisms of the Lupo series is clogging up of the "foam ports or journals", or whatever they're called? Do you find that to be the case?

I have the RR GC 68-P and the GC 84-P, both of which have large "Foam Ports". No problem with wiskers clogging.

b/r

ON_1

Iridian

Cool and slimy
The OCs don't even have a channel/slit like the Game Changer "P" (SB, safety bar. They should have called it SB, not P, ffs! I already said this several times over the last days, lol), but it is true that the Lupo SB versions have a smaller/narrower slit of that kind.

I must confess I sometimes shave with heretical shaving gel, but no worries. The Lupos don't clog. The Yaqi clone does neither. I dare to say, probably the originals, the Wolfmans, don't clog either.

@Iridian ...thanks! I still think I'll stick with the "Game Changers", for now. The Lupo is a very attractive razor and if I hadn't already purchased the GC 68-P and the GC 84-P, the Lupo would be my daily driver.

So many razors...and, only one face. Very sad. LOL!

Top Bottom