What's new

One More Flatboy Review

Gentlemen
Received the Razorine Flatboy this morning. The delivery time was 3 days and I'm in Canada. Wow!
I'd read how this was a VERY aggressive razor, right up there with the R41. That gave me pause because I could never get the R41 to work for me. Always had weepers, nicks and cuts to the point I sold it off. Now, having said that, I really like the looks and the combo of SS and brass. So I pulled the trigger figuring I could always sell it if it didn't work.
So I used a Polsilver blade with one shave on it. Lathered up with Mitchells and went work on a 2 day stubble.
This was a complete surprise. The razor and I got along immediately. Very chatty but not annoyingly so. Also VERY efficient. Went through the stubble like grass through a goose. Used a 45 degree angle for the most part and it was truly a great shave. No problems under the jaw etc. Did one WTG and then an ATG with some minor buffing. ZERO issues and a very smooth, no irritation shave.
The handle is good, a bit slick but not to the point of being uncontrollable. Because of the head design you do need to use a towel when removing the blade.
The weight and ease of use (manoeuvrability) is really up there with some of my more expensive razors. A very balanced and comfortable shaver to use.
I'm not sure about newcomers to shaving using this razor but I did not have any problems getting a weeper-free comfortable shave.
The blade exposure is definitely up there but not dangerously so. Take your time and enjoy a very good razor at a very good price.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Nice to hear that other shavers like it as well.
Razorine has the very same head mounted "sideways" on their shavette-style razor. I still have to figure out the best angle ATG, I even clean up WTG, which I usually do ATG. That's my special presonal observation for the Flatboy.

What I find quite dangerous: It's rounded, so screwing the head in and out I am wary of slipping my fingers into the blade. This wasn't a problem for the head when it was "side mounted", but now it is a DE head.

My next Flatboy shave is due tonight. Have fun shaving! :thumbsup:

Nice to hear that other shavers like it as well.
Razorine has the very same head mounted "sideways" on their shavette-style razor. I still have to figure out the best angle ATG, I even clean up WTG, which I usually do ATG. That's my special presonal observation for the Flatboy.

What I find quite dangerous: It's rounded, so screwing the head in and out I am wary of slipping my fingers into the blade. This wasn't a problem for the head when it was "side mounted", but now it is a DE head.

My next Flatboy shave is due tonight. Have fun shaving! :thumbsup:
Yeah using a towel to remove the blade is the smart way to go.

Gentlemen
Received the Razorine Flatboy this morning. The delivery time was 3 days and I'm in Canada. Wow!
I'd read how this was a VERY aggressive razor, right up there with the R41. That gave me pause because I could never get the R41 to work for me. Always had weepers, nicks and cuts to the point I sold it off. Now, having said that, I really like the looks and the combo of SS and brass. So I pulled the trigger figuring I could always sell it if it didn't work.
So I used a Polsilver blade with one shave on it. Lathered up with Mitchells and went work on a 2 day stubble.
This was a complete surprise. The razor and I got along immediately. Very chatty but not annoyingly so. Also VERY efficient. Went through the stubble like grass through a goose. Used a 45 degree angle for the most part and it was truly a great shave. No problems under the jaw etc. Did one WTG and then an ATG with some minor buffing. ZERO issues and a very smooth, no irritation shave.
The handle is good, a bit slick but not to the point of being uncontrollable. Because of the head design you do need to use a towel when removing the blade.
The weight and ease of use (manoeuvrability) is really up there with some of my more expensive razors. A very balanced and comfortable shaver to use.
I'm not sure about newcomers to shaving using this razor but I did not have any problems getting a weeper-free comfortable shave.
The blade exposure is definitely up there but not dangerously so. Take your time and enjoy a very good razor at a very good price.
Cracking review and music to mine ears as I have one inbound. A nice bit o’ brass warms my traditionalist leanings.

Word on the street is that one is trying to find its way to our home…if so I know one person in my household is going to be super excited. 😇🫣

Meanwhile enjoy your shaves with this very fine looking razor!

Guido

So today was unwrapping time!!

EEB72D4E-5555-46AC-B8B8-A9E7E94CF33E.jpeg
I got the Razorine with two handles for my birthday and I shaved with it right away.

Huge blade exposure and you have to be careful about angle and especially during the onset when you start to stroke.

But although blade exposure was huge it was a very comfortable and smooth shave. Very similar to a Fatip but way more efficient as far as I can tell. Paired it with a Dorco Titan and that appears to be a good combo. Will try other blades when this one runs out.

The handle is a bit on the heavier side compared to the head, but easy to hold, nice balance and a sturdy grip.

Really glad I got this one and I will definitely enjoy all my shaves with it!

Cheers,

Guido

Third time with the Razorine. Really liking this razor! Two passes and I was done!

Date​
10.07.2022​
Main Focus:10/31 Days in GRUME (out at 19%)
189/191 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
Other:High Efficiency Razors in July
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face wash
Proraso Green Preshave
Cream:Kox Bergamot
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Bowl:Face lather
Brush:Omega Super Badger 632
Passes:WTG (N-S)
XTG (W-S and S-N on the neck)
Razor:Razorine Flatboy
Blade:Dorco Titan (3)
Rating:9/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS

Notes to today’s shave can be found here:A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11840373

Have a great day everyone,

Guido

Got a model 72 in the mail today. Tomorrow will be my first go with it. Not sure what to expect.....hopefully a great shave.
Bump!
Did you ever try it and what are your thoughts?
(maybe you posted the results elsewhere and I missed it!)

Gentlemen
Pics?

Bump!
Did you ever try it and what are your thoughts?
(maybe you posted the results elsewhere and I missed it!)
I’ve used it a few times. It’s very efficient. I need to use it on multiple days growth which I don’t have a lot as I shave every day. It’s a good deal for what you get. If you like a well supported blade look elsewhere.

It is a smooth shaver that for me takes a bit more concentration than my other razors.

Top Bottom