What's new

I ordered a Razorock Lupo 72 with the Barber pole handle!

Well folks, I gave it a whirl!
What a shave, what a razor!
It's exactly what I expected and it will be my #1 daily driver.
I'm not the best at giving reviews but here it is:

I popped in a Bic blade and used some TOBS Cedarwood for the shave along with my Razorock Plissoft brush.
I did a 2 pass shave which is the usual daily shave for me and the result was a top notch DFS with zero irritation!
My expectations were a heavier and slightly more aggressive version of the Aluminum Lupo which I love.
That's precisely what it is!
You can really tell that tolerances are super tight on these razors. It really holds that blade in place and the alignment is superb. Zero blade chatter!
It's got some blade exposure which I really like but it has no harshness whatsoever.
I was expecting less feedback since it's stainless steel but it sings just like the aluminum Lupo. It's very audible!
The shave it gives is very efficient and smooth. The weight is perfect and it's very well balanced.
I easily was able to use it since it's got the same angles as the Aluminum version.
And that beautifully knurled barber pole handle has incredible grip. The 85mm size is what I needed. (not to short and not too long). And the 12mm diameter makes it perfect in the hand by being hefty enough but not bulky.
I can't find any faults with this razor. Usually at least one thing is off, but man this thing's perfect!
I'll run it with the Bic blade for the next couple days and next up will be a Feather blade to see how it does.
The Aluminum Lupo excels with Feather blades so I expect no less from this one.
I like it so much that I'm gonna order the .58 base plate (Aluminum Lupo equivalent) to have whenever I want to shave more than once per day.
Bottom line is that it's totally awesome and I highly recommend it especially for anyone that currently uses the Aluminum version.
A++

LRod

That's a great review of your Lupo .72, very awesome to read it's working well for you!

I'm waiting for my .72 to arrive soon, been using the Lupo .95 since February.
The .95 I can use daily, even twice a day if need be, as long as I don't chase a BBS in the neck area. The only razor so far that I can get a consistent BBS with in my lower neck area (without risking major irritations) is the Rockwell 6S.
Looking forward to seeing how the .72 performs with the problem areas :cool:

Just tried the Lupo tonight with a Feather blade for the first time. First pass WTG went great but the second pass XTG didn't. I used a light touch and ended up with some razor burn in a couple of spots. And when all was said and done, my face was smooth but I felt a slight discomfort as if the blade took off a little too much.
I'll stick to my Bic's for this Lupo!
My less aggressive Lupo DE aluminum works fantastic with Feather's.
I guess for me what works is what many here follow:
Aggressive razor=Less sharp blade
Mild razor=Sharper blade
Regardless, it's pretty perfect with my Bic's!

Last edited:
Just tried the Lupo tonight with a Feather blade for the first time. First pass WTG went great but the second pass XTG didn't. I used a light touch and ended up with some razor burn in a couple of spots. And when all was said and done, my face was smooth but I feel a slight discomfort as if the blade took off a little too much.
Mild razor=Sharp blade
I’m in the same boat (Feather was too harsh). Tried a Rockwell blade and it went better. Next Lupo shave will be with a Gillette 7o’clock yellow.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
@LRod Excellent review of your new razor! And while I have never used any of the Lupo razors, I have experienced how blades will act differently in different razors. Like you said, its all about the type of razor, what its aggression is, and that will let you know what blade your skin can handle in it. The Bic's worked great in both my Feather AS-D2, and my Rex Ambassador. But the Bic's didn't work out in the Merkur Futur, had to switch to Nacet's.

Its like GeoFatBoy said in his most recent video, sometimes those Feathers can be too sharp. lol

Just shaved with my 95 Lupo and was rewarded with an excellent shave. I started with the 72 then tried the 95. I found the 95 smoother and more comfortable in comparison. I sold both, but ended up buying another 95. Really good razor for the money.

Just tried the Lupo tonight with a Feather blade for the first time. First pass WTG went great but the second pass XTG didn't. I used a light touch and ended up with some razor burn in a couple of spots. And when all was said and done, my face was smooth but I felt a slight discomfort as if the blade took off a little too much.
Mild razor=Sharper blade
And that's why I have never used a Feather in my Lupo 72 nor 58: I wouldn't expect Feathers to be comfortable on blade forward razors.

Just shaved with my 95 Lupo and was rewarded with an excellent shave. I started with the 72 then tried the 95. I found the 95 smoother and more comfortable in comparison. I sold both, but ended up buying another 95. Really good razor for the money.
Good to hear!
I think I'm gonna order the .95 plate. I was gonna get the .58 for days where I would shave twice but the Aluminum Lupo takes care of that fine.
Do you find more blade feel on the .95 vs .72?
I like blade feel!

And that's why I have never used a Feather in my Lupo 72 nor 58: I wouldn't expect Feathers to be comfortable on blade forward razors.
I'll never do that again on the .72!
I went back to Bic last night and I got a perfect, smooth & close shave with zero incidents.

Good to hear!
I think I'm gonna order the .95 plate. I was gonna get the .58 for days where I would shave twice but the Aluminum Lupo takes care of that fine.
Do you find more blade feel on the .95 vs .72?
I like blade feel!
It's been a while but I don't recall feeling much difference in blade feel between the 72 and 95. The 95 for some reason performed better with less skin irritation compared to the 72. Both are smooth shavers, the 95 is easier on my skin. I don't really notice much blade feel with the Lupo 95. Blade feel is much less than say my Blackbird.

It's been a while but I don't recall feeling much difference in blade feel between the 72 and 95. The 95 for some reason performed better with less skin irritation compared to the 72. Both are smooth shavers, the 95 is easier on my skin. I don't really notice much blade feel with the Lupo 95. Blade feel is much less than say my Blackbird.
I'm in the process of researching my first "expensive" razor purchase and the Blackbird is on the list of possible candidates. Also the Tatara Masamune Nodachi. Like I said, I like some blade feel and your comment has me thinking about the Blackbird.

I'm in the process of researching my first "expensive" razor purchase and the Blackbird is on the list of possible candidates. Also the Tatara Masamune Nodachi. Like I said, I like some blade feel and your comment has me thinking about the Blackbird.
I have both the Blackbird and Nodachi. The Bird has more blade feel and shaves closer for me. The Nodachi....mine is on the Masamune handle.... so it's super smooth and maneuverable. I like both razors, but reach for the Blackbird more often. Both can be used daily with no issues.

Top Bottom