What's new

May 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

20220512_150349-01.jpeg

Still in!

No temptations in sight. I'm still patiently waiting for the "want to proceed?" mail from Wolfman, however, this still might take some more weeks... so all is good wrt to May (and maybe even June) GRUME.

still in - BBS with some hicups

First use of Wiener Seife Cedar @lancre
I tried to bowl lather and got the water ratio completely wrong for some thin and dissipating 1st pass lather. Then I went back and directly loaded from the puck to face lather and that worked splendidly. It is a natural not overpowering cedar scent and feels very good, even rich on the skin.

Ingredients (INCI): Sodium cocoate*, -olivate*, -castorate*, -stearate, Aqua, Potassium cocoate*, -olivate*, -castorate*, -stearate, Lanolin, Theobroma cacao seed butter*, Vitis vinifera seed oil*, Helianthus annuus hybrid oil*, Amaranthus caudatus seed oil*, Cedrus atlantica wood extract, Rosmarinus officinalis leaf extract, Parfum, Sempervivum tectorum extract*, Eugenol, Limonene

*certified organic production

Progress with a Voskhod @ 3.5 for an enjoyable and drama free shave as always.

sotd.jpg

I tried to bowl lather and got the water ratio completely wrong for some thin and dissipating 1st pass lather. Then I went back and directly loaded from the puck to face lather and that worked splendidly. It is a natural not overpowering cedar scent and feels very good, even rich on the skin.

Ingredients (INCI): Sodium cocoate*, -olivate*, -castorate*, -stearate, Aqua, Potassium cocoate*, -olivate*, -castorate*, -stearate, Lanolin, Theobroma cacao seed butter*, Vitis vinifera seed oil*, Helianthus annuus hybrid oil*, Amaranthus caudatus seed oil*, Cedrus atlantica wood extract, Rosmarinus officinalis leaf extract, Parfum, Sempervivum tectorum extract*, Eugenol, Limonene

View attachment 1455000
That is soo many plants extracts. Should be good.

Excellent soap suggestion Hannes (@Multum in parvo)! A hard soap without palm is hard to find in my opinion. Or at least in my experience - or in my country, could also be the case. And tin tubs rather than plastic ones.

View attachment 1455000

This is going on my wanted list.

Thanks,

Guido

Excellent soap suggestion Hannes (@Multum in parvo)! A hard soap without palm is hard to find in my opinion. Or at least in my experience - or in my country, could also be the case. And tin tubs rather than plastic ones.

This is going on my wanted list.

Thanks,

Guido
Not the most intuitive site but they do have a couple of shaving soaps including their version of Speick.

linty1

My wallet cries.
90B8D66B-A10E-4EEB-A529-F12488DAC682.jpeg

Still in.

Only lost one hair for the second shave with the foxhunt brush... a part of me is still tempted to reknot it, either a 3 band or a 2 band depending on how deep the hole goes... but a part of me like that it is the original knot? Wait is it original? I think I've seen these brushes with boar knots too... not sure now.

I am out. I may have treewhaled a little bit doomsday prepping for the Tallow Tabacalypse. When my gear arrives I will post pics.

I have set a new record for myself, 132 days no purchases!! I will be back for June and start a new streak!!
I'm sad you're out of the GRUME, but congrats on the 132-day streak; that's quite impressive. I think my last shave-related purchase was on the 30th of April :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom