What's new

May 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Still in...

No WD/40 etc.

Cool Shower
Geo F Cocont Cream in a Copper Bowl
Yaqi Tuxedo 24mm
Merkur Slant 37c w/ Persona Blue (1)
3 passes W/X/A
Alum? (post to follow)
Lucky Tiger Balm

BBS

I'd not bowl lathered in a good while. Glad I did, that was some sexy lather for sure.

It's nice to luxuriate in the things you have and not chase the "next best thing"!

Still in!
IMG_20220511_180410.jpg

First shave on this blade and it was way better than yesterday. I will see what it is like tomorrow and determine if this blade is a one shave wonder for me. It is definitely not a 3 shave blade.

Day 11, 35.5% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

The Game Changer gave me a textbook BBS to compare with yesterday's shave. It obviously wants to kill off the Rockwell...

12.05.22 - 12/31 (38.7% completed) and still in. Man! all these new soaps I want to try - holding on!

Prep:
KCG Fash Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:
Fatip Piccolo OC
Brush:
Razorock Plissoft 400 Aluminium
Cream:
Proraso Green
Bowl:
Proraso
Blade:
KCG (3)
Passes:
WTG - CB Slide and Gillette Slide (NE-SW and E-W horizontal on the neck)
XTG - Gillette Slide (NW-SE and S-N on the neck)
ATG - Slightly slanted (N-S and SW-NE)
ATG - Slightly slanted (W-E horizontal on the neck)
Aftershave:
Proraso Green
Balm:
Proraso Green
Rating:
9.5/10 BBS
Comments:Still my favourite blade. And compared to Monday’s shave more comfortable today with the Fatip. One weeper in the moustache area. Stopped itself. And BBS- smooth in 2.5 passes.

Have a very good day everyone!

Still in

Pre-Shave: hot water
Razor: Ever Ready SE Pat'd 1912
Blade: Gems ptfe (1)
Lather: Proraso Red
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T1
Post-shave: Cold water, alum block and Geo F Trumper Ecuris Skin Food

20220512_105806.jpg

I have decided to use my Ever Ready for today's shave as it has been ages since I have used it. I has almost forgotten about how good this razor is, I originally intended to just do my usual wtg & xtg but I couldn't stop myself from adding an extra atg pass, resulting in my face now being bbs.

Guido, which AS is that? Looks very old school!
20220512_160803-01.jpeg
Hi Hannes,
that's "Majestät" AS by Schröder and Mann. Indeed, it's old school. Schröder and Mann introduced this stuff in 1976 (they apparently never changed the design of the bottle, lol).
Unfortunately, this stuff went out of production a few years ago. It has been my go to AS since... well, a really long time.

I still like the scent (Mrs JAHE approves it, too), it's really inoffensive and pairs nicely with Boss Bottle EdT and the like, but doesn't smell like shower gel as other cheapo stuff nowadays (though it was sold for a song...)

The burn I get with this AS is rather mild, which is a nice to have feature in case of a rough shave. I really enjoy the face feel I get with this good stuff (it contains witch hazel and allantoin).

I'm happy I found out about the discontinuation early enough (by chance...) this is why I still have a couple of bottles left... the day my final bottle will be killed will be a sad day for me, though. *sigh*

Still in

The Summer heat is record breaking here, it's the intensity that's bothering more than the temperature itself.

Shaves are currently twice a week, no new purchases but I'm receiving deliveries of previous purchases.

Blackland Blackbird SS Open Comb
Shavoligist Ruh Khus soap
Feather blade
Shavologist Ruh Khus Aftershave

Blackbird has been working out great for me, i sometimes do feel the need for the Safety bar plate but I'm too inclined towards the Open Comb plate to bother purchasing a Safety bar plate.

Soap is vegan base, created by a talented artisan based in India.

Performance is definitely good, my Zenith badger brush provided me with great quality lather, I'm getting a hang of Marco method after a lot of trial and error.

Attachments

• IMG_20220512_205242.jpg
    IMG_20220512_205242.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Top Bottom