What's new

First Schick Injector

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I think there may be some slight differences between the versions of the Type E (blade guard, spring type etc.), although it may be minor:

Personally, I like the Schick Injectors and think they all shave great, although if you are a DE guy, there is a small learning curve.

I think there may be some slight differences between the versions of the Type E (blade guard, spring type etc.), although it may be minor:

Personally, I like the Schick Injectors and think they all shave great, although if you are a DE guy, there is a small learning curve.
Usually I’ll use a de safety razor. Once in a while a Gem Jr. Which I should take that out and use more often also. But from your praise of the razor and looking through that thread you had posted it makes me excited for when I can get it in the mail and try it.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I'll second @luvmysuper's comment....and perhaps go a bit further. I started my journey in the DE world, and while my first foray into the SE world was a Gem (The Micromatic open comb), my first injector was a Schick E (specifically an E3 -- doesn't open and has lines/striations on the safety bar). The first shave was ULTRA close (really, TOO close....lots of weepers and probably the worst razor burn I have ever had). Once I adjusted my technique (i.e., not treating the razor like a modern cartridge razor -- light pressure, stay with the grain or cross the grain; but not against the grain in sensitive areas) I was fine. These days, that particular razor is one of my top 5 favorites, and that is from an over-sized den of well over 50 razors.

So if your first shave isn't perfect, don't give up on it....it is a great razor!

I'll second @luvmysuper's comment....and perhaps go a bit further. I started my journey in the DE world, and while my first foray into the SE world was a Gem (The Micromatic open comb), my first injector was a Schick E (specifically an E3 -- doesn't open and has lines/striations on the safety bar). The first shave was ULTRA close (really, TOO close....lots of weepers and probably the worst razor burn I have ever had). Once I adjusted my technique (i.e., not treating the razor like a modern cartridge razor -- light pressure, stay with the grain or cross the grain; but not against the grain in sensitive areas) I was fine. These days, that particular razor is one of my top 5 favorites, and that is from an over-sized den of well over 50 razors.

So if your first shave isn't perfect, don't give up on it....it is a great razor!
I’m hoping the one I got will be an efficient shaver. I do like an efficient razor. But I’m hoping that I’ll get the technique down fairly quick. I’ll probably do like you said shave with it like a cartridge razor without thinking much about it on accident. But so far the worst for razor burn for me was an electric razor so far on my neck. So I’m hoping for nothing like that. That was horrible. Which is partially why I quit trying to use it.

I like to compare the Schick E model to a sports car. It’s highly maneuverable, takes the turns well and is a joy to use. It does take a little getting used to, but likely be one of your favorite razors after just a few uses.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Schick E type injector is a nice razor and one of my favorites, I almost was turned off of them at first because the Antique store where I bought it had some old stock blades well over 60 years old and they did not cut well at all, even if they where not used. So I always recommend new blades so you can get a accurate feel of the razor & blade. The E type came in a few different variants with changes to the safety bar texture to different colors of handles. The E type weighs 1 OZ and works well for myself. A lot of these razors where sold so they were very popular at one time.

I had just bought myself a Schick Type G1 Injector from Etsy (link below). What to expect from it, is it more or less the same as E2 type?

Schick Type G1 Vintage Injector Safety Razor - Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/listing/1670270201/schick-type-g1-vintage-injector-safety?show_sold_out_detail=1&ref=nla_listing_details

P.S. This purchase was enabled by @Quaznoid . Thank you, sir!
You’re welcome

The G is slightly less aggressive than the E but provides the same great Schick shave. I’ve always considered it the most user-friendly of Schicks. It seems the most flickable, the most maneuverable, but that might be YMMV. Be sure to use Chick blades only. Enjoy !

Last edited:
Top Bottom