What's new

Want to Try Some Boar Brushes?

Boar brushes are wonderful when you find the right one. But which one is the right one?

Here's a way you can sample nine that are generally regarded as some of the better boar brushes.
Click the link & it will take you to the Boar Brush Pass Around thread.

Do not sign up for the pass around in this thread, sign up using the above-linked thread.

I think buying a used brush is a pretty dirty thing to do but a brush pass around. Wow. Do people really want to use a brush that’s been on a bunch of different peoples face?

I think buying a used brush is a pretty dirty thing to do but a brush pass around. Wow. Do people really want to use a brush that’s been on a bunch of different peoples face?
I too am repulsed by idea of used shaving brush. Especially natural hair brushes.

Really? Maybe I’m not germophobic enough in this day and age, but that doesn’t bother me at all. After all, the stuff that the brushes are used to apply is soap. And one can certainly clean them oneself before using if one wants.

I think this was very generous of @dmshaver and @MaineYooper to put together. I thought about it just to try a boar or 2, but ultimately am just not interested in owning one. If I was, I’d be signed up already.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
It wouldn't bother me. After I'm out in the Covid world, or inside doing my business, I wash my hands with SOAP. You can always to a test lather with SOAP before your real lather if you think the guy before you didn't use SOAP. :c1:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I guess I figure it would be cleaned well.

Guess you guys never got a haircut and shave in a developing country. There the brush isn't passed around, it's used on probably 20-40 customer Per Day!!! Be careful out there 🤣🤣

Just a little FYI for those not in the know, and this is at least true for American barbers anyways, but in order for a barber to keep their license, they are required by law to sanitize all their clipper equipment. Have you ever seen a barber spray their shears, clippers, trimmer, combs and brushes? OK, well that product is called Barbicide.

1652280609287.png

True professional barbers, will always spray their equipment after each use, so that no bacterial or other contaminants get drawn onto the next customer. If you watch Chris Bossio's barber academy, any or any of his famous Tomb45 video's on Youtube, where he visits all his barbershops that he owns, you will see the barbers doing this in some of his video's.

In the words of the Mandalorian...... This Is The Way!
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Just a little FYI for those not in the know, and this is at least true for American barbers anyways, but in order for a barber to keep their license, they are required by law to sanitize all their clipper equipment. Have you ever seen a barber spray their shears, clippers, trimmer, combs and brushes? OK, well that product is called Barbicide.

View attachment 1454015

True professional barbers, will always spray their equipment after each use, so that no bacterial or other contaminants get drawn onto the next customer. If you watch Chris Bossio's barber academy, any or any of his famous Tomb45 video's on Youtube, where he visits all his barbershops that he owns, you will see the barbers doing this in some of his video's.

In the words of the Mandalorian...... This Is The Way!
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+
Sorry I didn't mean that you would actually be taking a sanitary risk.
Just the fact that they use their brush far more than these have been used.

The barber in Asia used to use a brush and cream to lather the back of my neck, then they'd use a disposable DE Dorco blade split in half to shave. But the brush was sitting in soap and wasn't cleaned in between because they'd just add more soap. I'm sure that would gross these guys out but I don't think they have any problems, I sure didn't

Top Bottom