What's new

Brown Leaf Acquisitions - May 2022

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I received the I. Baglan Meerschaum I ordered.
Holy Giant Head, Batman! This thing is freaking HUGE.

It's Bacchus, with a Mermaid on the bottom. I saw it and had to have it as it's the only Meerschaum I've ever seen that screams "Drunken Sailor".

20220507_185835.jpg

I received the I. Baglan Meerschaum I ordered.
Holy Giant Head, Batman! This thing is freaking HUGE.

It's Bacchus, with a Mermaid on the bottom. I saw it and had to have it as it's the only Meerschaum I've ever seen that screams "Drunken Sailor".

View attachment 1452241
Truly a handful and then some. How is it for comfort? It appears as it might hang nicely. Congrats on an unusual pipe.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Truly a handful and then some. How is it for comfort? It appears as it might hang nicely. Congrats on an unusual pipe.
I haven't smoked it yet, I want to do Micahs patented Meerschaum Beeswax treatment first to make sure she's good to go.
In the hand, it feels substantial, but not overly heavy.
I'll let you know how it smokes after I get it treated (the wife out of the house for the day so I can use her oven) :lol1:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It appears new. I would not bother with rewaxing it. Seems like it would not be needed
It is used for sure, there is some coloring, but it feels a little rough in spots and I thought... eh, better safe than sorry!

IMG_3766.JPG

Mark Tinsky American. This is the third Tinsky with the older version of his inlaid star I've acquired this year. I don't remember seeing three in the last ten years prior. My other two are dated 1987 and 1992. This one isn't dated so I contacted Mark and inquired about an approximate date of manufacture. He replied 1986 would be a good benchmark. Mechanics are perfect, stem is like glass and this pipe hasn't even had enough bowls run through it to break it in. I'll remedy that one.

Wowzers Chris Morgan must be bribing the shipping company lol. I ordered Saturday the 14th and the package arrived today the 16th... in South Carolina 😳. Awesome job! The tulip is awesome. Love how chunky it is but it is also pretty comfy to clinch. The seafarer is awesome! Probably the one I was looking forward to most. Has neat grain and a bit of a darker color than all the bones I have gotten. The third was a random gnarley! Really like the lovat shape! It has some cool grain and gnarl to it! Can't wait to break these in 😁👍

Also want to mention the awesome service of morgan pipes. When inspecting the lovat with my flashlight that the largest sand pit extended into the bowl. I messaged Chris on Facebook and within 5 min he replied and refunded the price of the pipe. I have since re ordered two more pipes from him 🤦‍♂️🤣

20220516_170921.jpg
20220516_170955.jpg
20220516_171003.jpg
20220516_171023.jpg
20220516_171040.jpg
20220516_171100.jpg
20220516_171112.jpg
20220516_171132.jpg

I just received from the P&C Friday the 13th sale:

- 6 tin of Capstan Blue flake. I had my 1st smoke of the blend last month at pipe club and was impressed. Had around 3 years age. So, I’m trying some fresh today.

- 1 tin of Stratford. I just tried this recently and was pleasantly surprised. This tin is to age.

- 1 tin of Union Square. This is one of Pease’ best selling VAs. Have to try it, but I have low expectations. C&D just don’t do red VAs very well. And I do like VAs on the sweet side - this isn’t supposed to be sweet.

Top Bottom