What's new

Stirling - which one next?

Hello fellas,

Recently i’ve received Stirling executive man, both soap and aftershave as a gift. Since then i have been so pleased with the overall quality and performance that i’m really ready to get my hands on a another scent.

Scent wise i’m blown away by executive man, which is based on creed aventus. It really isn’t a shaving scent, but that awesome refined perfume one. Never had a shaving soap/aftershave with such a awesome scent.

At the moment I’m deciding which one to get next though! Im hard pressed between sharp dressed man, barbershop and mountain man. What do you think? Eventually i will end up with all of them, i know that, but for now i really want another perfume like, type of high grade scent.

I think i want to go with sharp dressed man, but i have read on here that some claim its so identical to executive man that they don’t even can tell a difference. Is that really true? Im very discerning when it comes to scents, so please give me your opinion about this, if you own both. But barber shop and mountain man also sound very tempting.

Thank you for your suggestions!

For something with a classy vibe, you might like Sandpiper. The Mountain Man scent resembles Creed Silver Mountain Water, a good scent for warm weather. Sharp Dressed Man resembles Creed Green Irish Tweed (reminds a bit of Davidoff Cool Water).

Stirling samples are a good way to go. They are 1 oz. each, which is enough for many shaves. You could get four or five samples and that would be about as much soap as in a full tub of any one soap.

Hello fellas,

Recently i’ve received Stirling executive man, both soap and aftershave as a gift. Since then i have been so pleased with the overall quality and performance that i’m really ready to get my hands on a another scent.

Scent wise i’m blown away by executive man, which is based on creed aventus. It really isn’t a shaving scent, but that awesome refined perfume one. Never had a shaving soap/aftershave with such a awesome scent.

At the moment I’m deciding which one to get next though! Im hard pressed between sharp dressed man, barbershop and mountain man. What do you think? Eventually i will end up with all of them, i know that, but for now i really want another perfume like, type of high grade scent.

I think i want to go with sharp dressed man, but i have read on here that some claim its so identical to executive man that they don’t even can tell a difference. Is that really true? Im very discerning when it comes to scents, so please give me your opinion about this, if you own both. But barber shop and mountain man also sound very tempting.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Good morning John,

I am very fond of Sharp Dressed Man to the extent that I purchased both the Balm and the Aftershave Splash. Dare I say that it is my latest "Go To". I don't really notice the exact similarity with Executive Man (I do like that scent too).

I really like Barbershop in both the Soap and Splash as well, a definite excellent choice to sample. I know nothing about Mountain Man having not tried it.

If you are into earth-like scents and Fougere, I also really like Varen in both the Soap and Splash and I would highly recommend Bergamot and Lavender as another to try.

Did I mention Almond Creme ..... ? Lol!

I've tried sharp dressed man and mountain man and didn't like either one. Bath or shampoo bars is the way to sample Stirling. I like many of his scents but don't love many enough to buy a whole tub of shave soap that I'll never likely finish. Sandpiper is a great one and worth trying.

I am very fond of Sharp Dressed Man to the extent that I purchased both the Balm and the Aftershave Splash. Dare I say that it is my latest "Go To". I don't really notice the exact similarity with Executive Man (I do like that scent too).

I really like Barbershop in both the Soap and Splash as well, a definite excellent choice to sample. I know nothing about Mountain Man having not tried it.

If you are into earth-like scents and Fougere, I also really like Varen in both the Soap and Splash and I would highly recommend Bergamot and Lavender as another to try.

Did I mention Almond Creme ..... ? Lol!

Thank you Sir, sharp dressed man must be great for sure!

Sharp Dressed Man is hands down my wife's favorite. It's not identical to Executive Man.

Great to hear! I really thought to myself that this cannot be true..

For a classic scent barbershop is amazing and I love it. I do however tend to like mentholated scents so my favorites are margaritas in the artic and strawberry lemonade. For the scent your after I think barbershop.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I've only tried a couple of Stirling shave soap scents, Black Cherry, and Glacial Lemon Chill, both are amazing! I've also tried their bar soaps, Glacial Lemon Chill as well, cause thats they way I role, when I want to mentholate my skin, with the citrus persuasion. Having said that however, I am paying attention to these threads, and what people say about the other scents.

So far, it seems like many love Executive Man, cause I hear that one mentioned the most often on B&B. I really love Davidoff Cool Water, so I would more then likely like, any Stirling shave soap that smelled like that! Another scent that I am looking for with Stirling, would be a mint scent. So, I'd appreciate a good recommendation there.

I've become an advocate for Stirling, because they treat me right. :)

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I've only tried a couple of Stirling shave soap scents, Black Cherry, and Glacial Lemon Chill, both are amazing! I've also tried their bar soaps, Glacial Lemon Chill as well, cause thats they way I role, when I want to mentholate my skin, with the citrus persuasion. Having said that however, I am paying attention to these threads, and what people say about the other scents.

So far, it seems like many love Executive Man, cause I hear that one mentioned the most often on B&B. I really love Davidoff Cool Water, so I would more then likely like, any Stirling shave soap that smelled like that! Another scent that I am looking for with Stirling, would be a mint scent. So, I'd appreciate a good recommendation there.

I've become an advocate for Stirling, because they treat me right. :)
Must have — Glacial Spearmint.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I’ve only tried Varen and it’s awesome. Perfume it is not, so perhaps not the best compliment for what you are on the hunt for currently. If at some point you wanted to change things up and try something more earthy, perhaps consider Varen.

I vote for Barbershop. It's true that in the past I've bought the Sharp Dressed Man cologne. At first I liked it; then it began to remind me of Cheerios. I brought it out last night and, while it still does have some of that breakfast cereal halo to it, I liked it again. I've never used the SDM soap.

Barbershop has a neat musky sort of aroma to it -- it's not like Pinaud Clubman Original aftershave or the powder, which is the scent I associate with the classic barbershop.

I have a nice selection of Stirling soaps, splashes, and balms, as well as a few pre-shave oils and witch hazels. I do have both Executive Man and Sharp Dressed Man as well as the Creed EDPs that inspired them. To my nose, the soaps are unique scents and do not smell similar to one another.

Sharp Dressed Man was my Sunday go-to-meeting scent this morning, although I did use Stirling’s Eskimo Tuxedo soap (a glacial version of SDM). SDM is a classy, upscale scent and in my opinion, the closest dupe of Green Irish Tweed out there.

I also have Mountain Man which is a wonderful dupe of Silver Mountain Water, however, I prefer SDM over MM. I also prefer GIT over SMW.

Stirling’s Triumph is a fantastic cologne inspired scent (Paco Rabane Invictus) and on my skin, it lasts several hours. I much prefer Triumph over Mountain Man (so does my sweetie).

Several others suggested Sandpiper (YSL‘s La Nuit de L'Homme) and I fully agree.

You may also find Deton-8 (Viktor & Rolf’s Spicebomb) and Scarn (Christian Dior’s Sauvage) to your liking.

As far as barbershop scents go, Stirling’s is one of, if not the best (IMHO of course). Their Barbershop EDT gives you that same powdery scent all day long (very similar to Prada L’Homme). It smells so good, my barber bought some.

Good luck in your quest.

I have a nice selection of Stirling soaps, splashes, and balms, as well as a few pre-shave oils and witch hazels. I do have both Executive Man and Sharp Dressed Man as well as the Creed EDPs that inspired them. To my nose, the soaps are unique scents and do not smell similar to one another.

Sharp Dressed Man was my Sunday go-to-meeting scent this morning, although I did use Stirling’s Eskimo Tuxedo soap (a glacial version of SDM). SDM is a classy, upscale scent and in my opinion, the closest dupe of Green Irish Tweed out there.

I also have Mountain Man which is a wonderful dupe of Silver Mountain Water, however, I prefer SDM over MM. I also prefer GIT over SMW.

Stirling’s Triumph is a fantastic cologne inspired scent (Paco Rabane Invictus) and on my skin, it lasts several hours. I much prefer Triumph over Mountain Man (so does my sweetie).

Several others suggested Sandpiper (YSL‘s La Nuit de L'Homme) and I fully agree.

You may also find Deton-8 (Viktor & Rolf’s Spicebomb) and Scarn (Christian Dior’s Sauvage) to your liking.

As far as barbershop scents go, Stirling’s is one of, if not the best (IMHO of course). Their Barbershop EDT gives you that same powdery scent all day long (very similar to Prada L’Homme). It smells so good, my barber bought some.

Good luck in your quest.

Thank you for sharing these wonderful descriptions and experiences with Stirling soaps. Also thank you for recommending Triumph and Deton-8. I think by the end of this year i will end up with too much Stirling! How interesting it is to me, that Stirling copied the famous scents and put them in these hig quality soaps and splashes. No wonder they are so popular, a million dollar idea if you ask me. For now i think i will go with SDM and later on with barbershop.

No one has said Ramblin Man patterned after Creed Himalaya and it is a “perfume” or well blended cologne scent in the same masculine vein as Aventus but not mainstream. Really a great scent.
Also a great one, many thanks.

Top Bottom