What's new

I've been gone while....so, is Cella a remaining tallow holdout??

SO....I fell off the DE wagon the past few years, and delved into canned Clubman shave cream and carts. Time was of the essence in my life, but needless to say my shaving experiences became "meh".

Now, I'm back. But I find Tabac is now veggie (I have a hoard of the tallow stuff, so I'm not worried) and many other soaps are headed that way. Reading threads, I am confused with Cella. Did it go veggie? Only the 'green' version? re 1K bricks still out there in the tallow formula??

Great to be back. Sorry if this is a re-hash, I tried the search feature, and as usual on B&B, it is the only part of the site I find wanting.

Thaks in advance!!

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Welcome back!

Cella red remains tallow - thank goodness IMO. I love it. Cella green is non-tallow, but gets rave reviews on B&B.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Good to see @Marco is still here, as the Noble Defender of all Things Cella!! :)
Yes Sir, but I've taken the tallow-free route and the sole OUTSTANDING Cella I use now is the Extra Extra Bio. :001_wub:

20211031_074930.jpg

I can recommend the Cella BRICK (" Extra, Extra Purissima", 1 kg pack), has tallow in it too. Awesome soap, awesome deal if you like to go nuts and use LOTS of product ....

I can recommend the Cella BRICK (" Extra, Extra Purissima", 1 kg pack), has tallow in it too. Awesome soap, awesome deal if you like to go nuts and use LOTS of product ....

This !

I cut and used small chunk of it for the month of March. With a boar brush it made amazing lather. If not for Cella I wouldn't have got 35 shaves off a Feather razor in a Timeless Titanium Slim 0.5 SB razor. Too good a soap to pass up. If

Next I have the bio green on the way to try out too, as it comes with heavy recommendations by @Marco !

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I like Cella & its P160 scent (few know what that was I bet) .. but never use it up before it turns color (since it is cheap I buy more).. is that a side effect of tallow?

I have both Cella red and green, and I keep the red in the fridge to keep it from turning.
IMO the green, which doesn't contain tallow preforms as well as the red, and is just as slick. So future Cella purchases will be green. :tongue1:

Thanks - does the Green have that same almond/cherry scent?

It does not.

I'm not great at describing scents, but to my untrained nose Cella Bio has a citrus forward cologne scent in the vein of Creed Aventus. I wouldnt call it an attempt at cloning Aventus, but to me its in that ballpark. I've only tried a sample of Cella Bio so take my opinion for what its worth....2 cents. :c9: I would add that I thought the scent strength was milder than Cella Red.

I prefer the scent of Cella Green and may pick up the A/S splash some day. As far as performance goes, Cella Bio was outstanding in every category. Glide, protection, ease of lathering, all top tier for me. I'm about to start my 5th month in a row 3017ing a jar of MdC Agrumes and I didn't find Cella Bio to take a backseat to MdC in any performance category. If they ever make a 1kg brick of Bio I'll be in trouble.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Ok, my own sense of smell was compromised either by the decades of being a Marlboro man or the chemo that followed - but some scents are pleasant still, including that Cella Red one ..

Top Bottom