What's new

Close out on lather bowl prototypes

We are going to stick with what we have. If you check out brush manufacturers sites it is pretty clear that the demand for brushes is in the 20mm - 26mm range. So that is our market. As it is, scuttles can become heavy and unwieldy so we don't want that. In the end it is a matter of balance and being where the larger market is.

I do see that Georgetown and Dirty Bird offer larger sizes. It was some time ago that we had large lather bowls. They sold okay but eventually just petered out so we dropped them. Just not as much demand for them.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
We are going to stick with what we have. If you check out brush manufacturers sites it is pretty clear that the demand for brushes is in the 20mm - 26mm range. So that is our market. As it is, scuttles can become heavy and unwieldy so we don't want that. In the end it is a matter of balance and being where the larger market is.

I do see that Georgetown and Dirty Bird offer larger sizes. It was some time ago that we had large lather bowls. They sold okay but eventually just petered out so we dropped them. Just not as much demand for them.

Thank you for your honesty as always, I appreciate it!

PS: I saw a video on Youtube from 5-years ago, its an interview with you in it, and I knew it was you, I recognized the lovely red ring on your finger lol.

I love how you found your way in the business and are happier because of it. I myself, can honestly say, I am happy you made the decisions that you did, as I am happier for having your brand around. Plus, your a nice guy, so there's that.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Lesson learned. I need to start hanging out in other areas of this forum, not just the safety razor section

There are many great forums on this site, other then the safety razor forum. There are forums for just about everything. As the vendor forums were buried deep below the forum, took me awhile to discover them. So far, I'm only interested in the Captains Choice vendor, this is because CC is awesome. 😍

Top Bottom