What's new

Cheap DE Blades w/ Amazing Performance

I have been shaving all week with a Dorco ST300 HQ. €8,95/100 (NL). And great performance through to today actually. Tomorrow I break in a Tiger platinum which has the same price point here in the Netherlands. Dorco Titan is waiting in me for next week.

But as previously remarked by other gents in this thread, most Russian blades from St Petersburg have similar price points (at least in my country I should say).

I would try Derby’s or Personna’s but I appreciate the fact that manufacturers use paper rather than plastic tucks.

Not sure where you are living but Razor Blades Club also sells on Amazon. And at lower prices than one their site as listed below. The key is to purchase on Amazon through a third party seller that you can trust. But by all means allow me to snag them all up 😋 I jest of course.
That's what I said in my post earlier! 😖

I also posted about the RBC Swedish website since he said he did not like buying blades on Amazon.

You could try Razor Blades Club (Swedish web site). Perma-Sharp Supers are around $16/100 with free shipping with purchase of 100+ blades.

The same company sells on Amazon. I bought 100 Perma-Sharps from RBC on Amazon for $10 with free shipping. You have to select the specific seller that you want from the list, be careful about that.

Lord Silver Stars are probably my most bang for the buck blades. I can get them for $8/100 on Amazon delivered to my front door in 2 days. I like the Lord Classic Super Stainless almost as much ( I halfway think they are the same blade with different packaging ) and they are the same price.

Both the Astras work well for me and are fairly inexpensive ( less than $9 usually for 100 ).

I'm not sure if you loaded any of those 4 in one of my razors I could tell them from each other for the most part by the shave.

Lord Silver Stars are probably my most bang for the buck blades. I can get them for $8/100 on Amazon delivered to my front door in 2 days. I like the Lord Classic Super Stainless almost as much ( I halfway think they are the same blade with different packaging ) and they are the same price.

Both the Astras work well for me and are fairly inexpensive ( less than $9 usually for 100 ).

I'm not sure if you loaded any of those 4 in one of my razors I could tell them from each other for the most part by the shave.
Lord Super Chromes = Same Price as the Silver Stars...

Lord Super Chromes = Same Price as the Silver Stars...
Oddly enough I've never used a Lord Super Chrome. You can find a lot of the Lord products on Amazon for roughly $8/100. Racers, Cools, Lord Plats, Silver Stars, Classic Stainless, and most of their Shark lineup. Shark Chromes and Plats are usable by me but I don't exactly love them so I may not replace them when I use all of them up but they don't scare me to load one up from time to time.

The Silver Stars just really do a consistently good job on my face from a comfort standpoint while also being very efficient so I grabbed a few hundred of them. I'll grab some Super Chromes one day to test.

There's also a platinum version of the Racer, similar to the Lord Silver Star. The Silver Stars last a little longer, I think.

1650577786799.png

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
I am a Perma Sharp Super, Gillette Silver Blue, and Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow fan. However, I picked up some super cheap AAFES generic made in Germany DE blades that flat out shave great. Bonus the case has a used blade drop built in. I am not sure which company is manufacturing for them but so far they shave on par with all my Russian made blades at a fraction of the cost. Do you have an cheap blades that shave great? View attachment 1443427View attachment 1443428View attachment 1443429
Where can I buy these? Everything I see on a search is at a military exchange. It doesn’t look like I can order them without creating an account which requires a service number.

Where can I buy these? Everything I see on a search is at a military exchange. It doesn’t look like I can order them without creating an account which requires a service number.
I believe they make Goodlines for CVS as well

But marked up significantly

Last edited:
Ask a buddy or lady friend who has PX or BX access? I am guessing all the bases carry these blades.

Goodline Grooming blades are uncoated Personna blades made in Germany, they are pricey $7.50 for 10 blades. I think the Personna Viking sword blades may be the same blade.

Top Bottom