What's new

Barbasol Brisk Discontinued!

I took an empty 10 ml bottle, 5 parts 80 proof vodka, 1 part witch hazel and 1 good size sprig of menthol. Just like Snakebite. May add a ml of Skin Bracer to add scent. Good scent that SB.

The fools replied back but they got everything wrong! I never asked about Afta after shave nor did I ask recently if they had reformulated. I told them to check their mixing process at the factory something is off about the Skin Bracers, Jeez they either have bots or morons replying to these emails.

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for reaching out again we appreciate you taking the time to contact us. We apologize for the delay in update.

Based on our research we can reassure you that the formulation of our afta products have not gone through any changes.

We thank you again for contacting us. We appreciate your interest in our products.

Sincerely,

David
Consumer Affairs Representative
North America Consumer Affairs

I still see a few shelves almost full of brisk, must not be that popular. I remember when williams got discontinued this was not the case.

Hello my friends, I ran out of Skin Bracer the other day so I went to Wal-Mart to buy more but it seems to me that there's a factory ingredient mixing error. Most of the latest batches that I've gotten of Skin Bracer for the past 5 months except the last bottle that I ran out of have been very diluted with barely any fragrance and I can only almost detect the alcohol.

I emailed Colgate-Palmolive about it and they said that they would let the team know, but this crap keeps happening. I can't be risking losing 5 bucks every time I buy it. Regardless Skin Bracer as a whole even if not defective is rather weak in the scent department other brands of after shave last for hours like a cologne.

With that being said I decided let me buy some Barbasol Brisk I've read it is Skin Bracer on steroids in both scent/menthol, I also know that the Pacific one has been discontinued for some time. So I went to the Barbsol site and no Brisk after shaves came up in the search results even though they sold their Brisk after shave directly from their site in a 6 pack for $19.99 a few months ago.

Then I went on the Wal-Greens website and said it was out of stock, I emailed Barbasol and they said it was discontinued but they take my request very serious and they are reconsidering bringing it back.

So ATM I am using Aqua Velva which I enjoy although I prefer the sweeter notes of Skin Bracer, But AQ has better an overall better performance I will wait patiently until either a green juice like SB imitation comes back but that has better performance or a Spice knock off that smells like the Shulton formula. I don't know why they discontinue all the badass after shaves, The after shave market seems to be on a steep hill at times in the USA.
There’s tons of vintage Skin Bracer on eBay for reasonable prices. I mean you’ll pay a little more but it’s not crazy if you really like the stuff.

As far as I know they don’t make Wild Country aftershave splash, just the balm. But there are literally thousands of gallons of vintage WC splash aftershave to be had for cheap lol.
Actually you are right but also wrong. Avon just did a swap now, They make the splash but not the balm anymore. I ordered a splash and it's not what I thought it was gonna be. I thought it was going to smell like the Wild Country roll on deodorant but it smells like a dilluted Pinaud original with too much of an alcohol scent than a fragrance.

Actually you are right but also wrong. Avon just did a swap now, They make the splash but not the balm anymore. I ordered a splash and it's not what I thought it was gonna be. I thought it was going to smell like the Wild Country roll on deodorant but it smells like a dilluted Pinaud original with too much of an alcohol scent than a fragrance.

Thanks for the info! I have the modern cologne and it’s definitely different than the vintage. Probably not curious enough to try the new aftershave.

Williams used to make Aqua Velva in the U.S. but they were sold to Combe but it's the same product.
I have a 10 year old bottle of the “Combe” AV ice blue and a 20 year old bottle of “JB Williams” - they’re very close. Any difference is probably due to age. The older one smells richer to me, but they’re the exact same color.
1347CB20-0963-4D4F-A40D-C7A9B1737A79.jpeg

I have a 10 year old bottle of the “Combe” AV ice blue and a 20 year old bottle of “JB Williams” - they’re very close. Any difference is probably due to age. The older one smells richer to me, but they’re the exact same color.
View attachment 1443426
Yup it's the classic after shave can't go wrong with that. I just wished at times that the color would be a bit lighter like the Euro version that blue for the U.S version just is too much.

View attachment 1443426
For anyone that has tried the Canadian green Original Sport which one is better that one or the classic blue?

Better than both Skin Bracer and Barbasol Brisk was Flag & Sail Brisk made by Vi-Jon. Why oh why didn’t I hoard a bunch of that stuff.
Even CVS aka ''Vijon'' has discontinued their Aqua Velva blue knock off like a month or two ago. All of the Vijon greats are long gone.

Top Bottom