What's new

Super-Max Super Stainless

I have used the Super Stainless (blue wrapper) a few times and find it a very good blade for me. What is the difference between this blade and the Super Stainless (green/yellow wrapper) are they the same blade or completely different?

I have concluded that the Super-Max blade comes in 3 avatars for various markets.

The super stainless, the platinum and the newer diamond edge.

I've found the stainless for the India market *brown packing saloon edition) to be meh, the platinum (grey /blue packing) to be middle of the line and the diamond edge (black / orange packing with a big blue diamond 💎 ) to be excellent sharp blades.

They seem to have basic platinum, and stainless blades and then the super versions which seem to be higher quality like the super platinum, and super stainless.

The blue and yellow/green are for global markets and i suspect if you like one, the other would be similar the word super should help

24AFB77E-8765-42E3-9D2E-B816B481E1BC.jpeg

I got 200 Super Stainless for 11something a while ago - meh in the RR Eco, nice in the Progress @4 and upward. I have to try them in other razors than those two for a final verdict.

There is also (at least there was) the Super-Max Super Platinum which from what I could find is/was their top of the line blade. I have only used it and the Blue Diamond blades from Super-Max and I prefer the Super Platinum by a wide margin. Sharp and smooth, I could easily use it as my only blade ever. I don't think it is still in production, I could be wrong of course but they can still be found for sale with a bit of searching.

Super-Max Super Platinum.jpg

There is also (at least there was) the Super-Max Super Platinum which from what I could find is/was their top of the line blade. I have only used it and the Blue Diamond blades from Super-Max and I prefer the Super Platinum by a wide margin. Sharp and smooth, I could easily use it as my only blade ever. I don't think it is still in production, I could be wrong of course but they can still be found for sale with a bit of searching.

View attachment 1440535
These still may be available at RBC. But they could be new old stock if these are indeed discontinued.
I have concluded that the Super-Max blade comes in 3 avatars for various markets.

The super stainless, the platinum and the newer diamond edge.

I've found the stainless for the India market *brown packing saloon edition) to be meh, the platinum (grey /blue packing) to be middle of the line and the diamond edge (black / orange packing with a big blue diamond 💎 ) to be excellent sharp blades.

They seem to have basic platinum, and stainless blades and then the super versions which seem to be higher quality like the super platinum, and super stainless.

The blue and yellow/green are for global markets and i suspect if you like one, the other would be similar the word super should help
I have tried three Super-Max blades, SS (blue wrapper), Blue Diamond, and Diamond Edge. All three provided smooth and comfortable shaves for me. I am really impressed with Super-Max!

I have tried three Super-Max blades, SS (blue wrapper), Blue Diamond, and Diamond Edge. All three provided smooth and comfortable shaves for me. I am really impressed with Super-Max!
I suspect they have repackaged the super platinum as the SP diamond edge which are excellent blades zorrick and the stainless blades are absolutely horrible, the only blades which make me aware of what a tuggy blade is.

India is a DE blade bounty country. With the number of blade makers who keep coming up with good, excellent and bad blades at various price points, it's difficult to keep up.

I suspect they have repackaged the super platinum as the SP diamond edge which are excellent blades zorrick and the stainless blades are absolutely horrible, the only blades which make me aware of what a tuggy blade is.

India is a DE blade bounty country. With the number of blade makers who keep coming up with good, excellent and bad blades at various price points, it's difficult to keep up.

Oh, thanks for that, I'm going to have to get some of those (SP Diamond Edge) and try them. I hope they are the same blade renamed. They are definitely one my favorites.

View attachment 1440535
Discontinued.

The Super Stainless is a stupid good value. Amazon is selling them for $9.99, for a sleeve of 200.

The Diamonds are better but they are also twice the price.

proxy.php

I can get at least five shaves from the Super Stainless (or more), that's a penny a shave!

Last edited:
The Super Stainless is a stupid good value. Amazon is selling them for $9.99, for a sleeve of 200.

The Diamonds are better but they are also twice the price.

proxy.php

I can get at least five shaves from the Super Stainless (or more), that's a penny a shave!
I also have a sleeve of 200 of these and i get 6 to 7 good shaves with them in my Rockwell 6C (R4) or the King C Gillette.
Good blades for me but i guess there can be some production issues giving some less sharp blades -> some people find them horrible.
I have used about 15 blades i guess, not one was dull.

I also have a sleeve of 200 of these and i get 6 to 7 good shaves with them in my Rockwell 6C (R4) or the King C Gillette.
Good blades for me but i guess there can be some production issues giving some less sharp blades -> some people find them horrible.
I have used about 15 blades i guess, not one was dull.
My point exactly. It appears to me that the QC at the factories has tightened up after some had become real sloppy.

About no one thinks a ten cent blade is expensive. I would put that price as about average.

To be able to buy and to actually get good shaves from a blade costing half as much, I find to be rather impressive!

I currently have six shaves on the Super-Max in my current rotation and it is still shaves fine. I will take it to eight (if feasible).

I also have 6-shaves on a more expensive (six cent) blade, the Gillette Wilkinson Sword from India and it is still shaving fine.

I have less shaves on the Dorco ST300/301. So far so good, we'll see how it goes.

I have to hand it to a company that can produce blades that can be sold for half the price of the average, really cheap DE blades! And, they are not bad products at all.

I bought 50 of the Super Stainless (Vidyut) about 8 years ago and they were not very sharp; performed poorly. Stay clear of them but the Diamonds are worth a try.

It is worth realizing that a lot of changes take place in this industry over an 8-year time span.

I can't comment on how they were 8-years ago but they are fine now. I can't say that they are in my top five blades. That's perfectly OK, they shave on par with any typical average blade. For those who use a blade for 3-5 shaves, they preform well. They are sharp enough for the average shaver and I get a good shave from them in both an R89 and a R41 head. The shaves are both close and smooth, leaving no skin irritation.

I have the Diamond's too and they are a better blade, at twice the price! But at ten cents a blade, that's no big deal!

I’ve liked all the Vidyut Super-Max blades I have tried. Yesterday I used the Platinum version. It was on its 6th or 7th use, and still worked well. Btw I was shaving off about 11 days worth of growth basically a shorter full beard, and could have stopped after the 2nd pass.

Top Bottom