What's new

I'm Looking for Something

Ok, I know you said NO ALCOHOL…but I think the Speick aftershave splash might fit the bill. It’s got lots of skin food ingredients and although I no longer use aftershave, it was the only one I used because it:

1. Felt very refreshing
2. Did not burn
3. Made my face feel and smell amazing
4. Didn’t leave my face greasy at all

I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t need an aftershave and who knows, you might land there as well, only time will tell. You can read more about it here.

Thank you for that. Those 4 attributes are what I'm looking for. If I can achieve that then people won't get strung out by the way I look. We shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

@SparkyLB - when checking out Stirling's balms also check out their Witch Hazel and Aloe offerings. Lots of scents to choose from, alcohol free and very light/smoothing/refreshing.

Thanks for the suggestions, all. I have some Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol, and some Taylor Of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Collection arriving tonight. I looked up every suggestion and only found these at the moment. Please keep the suggestions coming, I’ll keep looking for the others. Maybe one more, then I’ll stop spending.

I’m not going to bother with the, “Yeah, but I’m different,” premise. I know it’ll make everyone laugh even louder. 😀

Look at Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic.
No alcohol, loaded with good stuff.

It's about all I use besides Thayer's witch hazel any more.

I highly recommend their Liquid Cream Shave too.

You might take a look at the Mammoth Z (unscented) aftershave balm. Not nearly as thick as other balms, if you're looking to avoid any heavy feel.
The Mammoth Z balm gives me quite a hearty burn and redness on my skin, and I also find it a little drying. Surprised me to get a burn when it is unscented.

But though they say, “if irritation occurs discontinue use immediately” I sort of enjoy the burn and the heat on my skin, and it only encourages me more that the instructions say it is now illegal for me to use.

Even so, I won’t buy a Mammoth balm in future. No idea if my skin reaction to this is common or not.

The Mammoth Z balm gives me quite a hearty burn and redness on my skin, and I also find it a little drying. Surprised me to get a burn when it is unscented.

But though they say, “if irritation occurs discontinue use immediately” I sort of enjoy the burn and the heat on my skin, and it only encourages me more that the instructions say it is now illegal for me to use.

Even so, I won’t buy a Mammoth balm in future. No idea if my skin reaction to this is common or not.
Sorry to hear that, and I agree it is surprising you’re getting that result with an unscented balm. Do you get the same from any other balms?

Sorry to hear that, and I agree it is surprising you’re getting that result with an unscented balm. Do you get the same from any other balms?
Not really. I get a slight frag burn from Paolo Barrasso Red aftershave (not a balm). Otherwise never had any reaction to anything else I’ve used.

But I wouldn’t draw any conclusions from just me, if nobody else has experienced this from the Mammoth balm.

CBL makes a line of Skinfoods that are nice. And also some have mentioned using Aloe Vera after sun lotions like you get for sunburns or whatever. I have some of the Aloe Vera gel I bought at a local dollar store that seems decent...

Got some plain old Proraso lime aftershave that didn't let me down. Scent is nice and subtle. It does have alcohol, but it's cooling, soothing and light. I've got some Wood & Lather Bay Rum on the way.

Yes. I like it very much. Thanks for reminding me. I have found what I need for now. I have some Lather & Wood Bay Rum, Sandalwood, and some Pre du Provence No. 63. The last one being some terrific stuff.

Aveda's aftershave fits the bill. Every Man Jack is a decent budget performer. I also thought AOS felt oily/greasy later on.

Top Bottom